Liverpool agree fee for Downing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 6K
Such as? The deal with Fm has been in place since late 2008. In that period who has Moyes signed that wasnt already bigish? Thats is now gone good?

what are you talking about re: FM? I'm talking about Moyes' and his staff abilty to find players. Whatever you think abut their season, if they weren't so good Everton would be in a worse state, as Ajt concedes

what are you talking about re: FM? I'm talking about Moyes' and his staff abilty to find players. Whatever you think abut their season, if they weren't so good Everton would be in a worse state, as Ajt concedes

My bad I thought we where on about his deal to get the Si database earlier than others.

My bad I thought we where on about his deal to get the Si database earlier than others.

Lol no no, as in his ability to find players on the cheap. people say they havent done well. But then consider the alternative, I genuinely think they would be in the Champinship without him and his staff

Finally, I'm really glad for you GC. He's the right player for L'pool, but 20 million is too much. Don't get me wrong, AV payed too much for him also. English mentality is weird, but rational. If you value your players this high, that can only be your problem.

I wouldn't say Moyes "finds" these players it's his scouts that do that.

I wouldn't say Moyes "finds" these players it's his scouts that do that.

Moyes does as almost as much scouting and research, and he makes the decision to sign them, hence moyes and his staff

Finally, I'm really glad for you GC. He's the right player for L'pool, but 20 million is too much. Don't get me wrong, AV payed too much for him also. English mentality is weird, but rational. If you value your players this high, that can only be your problem.

Don't let Jamie hear you, but (whisper it) I agree. £12 mil for Downing is fine, but £12 mil for a badly injured Downing coming from the Championship wasn't. Still, we made a nice profit from it and got a good season out of him.

I don't see why people are calling Downing ****. He's a good winger who whips in a lot of crosses which will fit Carroll well. £20m isn't that much over the top either.

Don't let Jamie hear you, but (whisper it) I agree. £12 mil for Downing is fine, but £12 mil for a badly injured Downing coming from the Championship wasn't. Still, we made a nice profit from it and got a good season out of him.

Nah, Jamie is reasonable guy, he would agree with me. Could you imagine how much AV would pay for Stuart if he was fit, or in Premiership ? I'm just saying it's too much. Nasri was payed around 20m, but you have to agree, Nasri > Downing. Point is, as we already know, English players are so ******* overrated. I really don't understand why.

Nah, Jamie is reasonable guy, he would agree with me. Could you imagine how much AV would pay for Stuart if he was fit, or in Premiership ? I'm just saying it's too much. Nasri was payed around 20m, but you have to agree, Nasri > Downing. Point is, as we already know, English players are so ******* overrated. I really don't understand why.

Ahem. Not Villa: Martin O'Neill was the one who overpaid. Agree in principle though.

Nasri has developed at Arsenal. Bad comparison. That's like saying Downing was expensive because he's British when Real Madrid only spent like £12m on Özil.

Nasri has developed at Arsenal. Bad comparison.

You could definitely argue the same thing about Downing at Villa. When he arrived he was far more one-dimensional than he is now.

Nasri has developed at Arsenal. Bad comparison.

Sorry, but OM developed Nasri. Thanks for trying though :P
But I have to agree they are different players, one is playmaker, other is crosser/set pieces spec. So, can I compare him with Valencia ?

Your edit didn't do anything to undermine my comeback. Nice try at comebacking a comeback :P
And yes, you can compare him to Valencia.

Like I said, Nasri wasn't developed by Arsenal. OM takes credit for that. And I really don't know what are you trying to say with that Ozil thing. That only confirms what am I saying.
Shut up now, I'm watching United :D :P

The Downing situation is very similar to Lescott's transfer to Man City. He wasn't worth the 18m, but you have to pay more to get the better players, no point signing a 5m player who is half as good and won't improve your team. Yet Downing will make Liverpool better, that's why money doesn't frighten them. Same with Carroll

Like I said, Nasri wasn't developed by Arsenal. OM takes credit for that. And I really don't know what are you trying to say with that Ozil thing. That only confirms what am I saying.
Shut up now, I'm watching United :D :P

It goes against your Nasri comparison.

Back