Liverpool can win title - Evans

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
United, City & Chelsea are better then us, correct. Spurs however aren't.

What possible evidence have you got to base that upon? Seriously?

Consistently better than you for 2 years, have a better team and just beaten you 4-0. Yes yes yes it was against 9 men, but we we're slaughtering you with 11 and actually played better 11 vs 11.

Utterly ridiculous.

What possible evidence have you got to base that upon? Seriously?

Consistently better than you for 2 years, have a better team and just beaten you 4-0. Yes yes yes it was against 9 men, but we we're slaughtering you with 11 and actually played better 11 vs 11.

Utterly ridiculous.

I would sit here, explain to you how etc, but it'd just be a waste of my time. As no matter what anyone says, Spurs are clearly the best team in the world, and they're going to win the league this season.

I would sit here, explain to you how etc, but it'd just be a waste of my time. As no matter what anyone says, Spurs are clearly the best team in the world, and they're going to win the league this season.

No. Please go ahead. Explain.

I never said that we were the best team, nor that we would win the league because thats the lunacy we leave to your fans.

Ridiculing someones argument ftw!

On what basis are Liverpool better than us? We've finished above them twice in a row, beating them consistently along the way.

Mike, we can easily strengthen in January, we've got the funds, and space in the squad. We'll be looking at Cahill and perhaps a striker.

Liverpool have spent a lot, but they're still the 5th/6th best team.

You're always looking for a striker and you never buy one, despite Harry's big talk (Or the fact Levy doesnt trust him). Given that one side actually puts their money where there mouth, i'd overall put Liverpool just ahead. Under Dalglish, Liverpool have been better than Spurs

So, where is this fruitless argument going, exactly? Point is, Liverpool can win the title. They probably won't, but they can, just like everyone else can, but the majority of them likely won't. I see no reason why everyone should immediately start hysterically arguing with each other what is essentially a non-story.

You forget that Villa are a dead cert for the title this season, anyway.

No. Please go ahead. Explain.

I never said that we were the best team, nor that we would win the league because thats the lunacy we leave to your fans.

Ridiculing someones argument ftw!

Like I said, there is no point in me explaining, as what would be said would not be "Spurs are awesome" - And unless someone says that, or something along those lines, you don't care.

Liverpool >>> Spurs :)

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

You're always looking for a striker and you never buy one, despite Harry's big talk (Or the fact Levy doesnt trust him). Given that one side actually puts their money where there mouth, i'd overall put Liverpool just ahead. Under Dalglish, Liverpool have been better than Spurs

Mike. Talks much sense, CJ.. Listen to him.

Liverpool are Not going to win the league, with years of spending BIG, United, City and Chelsea are quite far ahead at the moment

But our aim is 4th place, get into the champions league and get our reputation back, Although spurs will pose a big threat for it.

As for saying spurs are better than Liverpool, it may be close but Liverpool edge it, Spurs need a few more years doing what they're doing to prove otherwise.. LFC just had awful owners that took us from 2nd in the league and challenging to struggling to get into Europa League! But JH and KD are rebuilding

So Liverpool are better than us, because they put their money where their mouth is and buy lots of players? Thats rubbish. Henderson's poor, Downings been very ineffective for them so far and Andy Carroll is pretty ****.

We wen't on an awful run near the end of the season without any good strikers with Bale injured as well, just as they were hitting form, yet we still rolled them over at Anfield and finished above them. This year with our entire core strengthened (Friedal, Walker, Parker, Adebayor) we look a much stronger and better team. Especially with King playing games.

Like I said, there is no point in me explaining, as what would be said would not be "Spurs are awesome" - And unless someone says that, or something along those lines, you don't care.

Liverpool >>> Spurs :)

You really are ridiculous. Don't wan't to hold a discussion, merely give an opinion, that goes against evidence and stats, then refuse to back it up whilst putting words in my mouth. Good one.

Keeping aside my Arsenal-bias, I'd have to say Spurs have a better side then Liverpool. They have one of the strongest benches in the EPL, and their starting 11 is extremely strong too. I'd put them in 4th come the end of the season ahead of Liverpool.

Hodgson's record as Liverpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9. Dalglish's record since returning as Liverpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9. Discuss

Stats correct circa 30th september

Not trying to troll or anything just decided to throw out this results stat even though it does not directly relate to your point.

Of course they can, they probably won't, but people saying it's not possible need to look up the definition of the word possible.

So Liverpool are better than us, because they put their money where their mouth is and buy lots of players? Thats rubbish. Henderson's poor, Downings been very ineffective for them so far and Andy Carroll is pretty ****.

We wen't on an awful run near the end of the season without any good strikers with Bale injured as well, just as they were hitting form, yet we still rolled them over at Anfield and finished above them. This year with our entire core strengthened (Friedal, Walker, Parker, Adebayor) we look a much stronger and better team. Especially with King playing games.

Henderson and Carroll have time on their side, hence the big price tags... there still young and can improve alot, with every passing week suarez and carroll are looking that little but better and with carroll scoring against everton it will do his confidence the world of good. Also Henderson the captain of the national side U21's, obviously means he is not poor. As for Downing, im more than happy with him and enrique, playing very well down that left..... Overpriced yes, but not poor

Yes you did play us twice and out play us twice but because you beat us twice, but that dont mean you are better..

Liverpool Recently have had the upper hand over Man United but it does not mean we are better than them because we are not, Spurs need to show consistency to prove they are up there

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Hodgson's record as Liverpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9. Dalglish's record since returning as Liverpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9. Discuss

Stats correct circa 30th september

Not trying to troll or anything just decided to throw out this results stat even though it does not directly relate to your point.

Big matches we are winning under daglish, The feel good factor is around again and we are playing decent football

Under hodgson it was embarrasing to watch, and when it really mattered we did not get good results,

It all shows that as soon as Daglish took over we went from mid table straight to fighting for 4/5/6 places

Like i said overall and over the season. I'd still back liverpool over Spurs based on funds, squad and manager acumen.

Henderson and Carroll have time on their side, hence the big price tags... there still young and can improve alot, with every passing week suarez and carroll are looking that little but better and with carroll scoring against everton it will do his confidence the world of good. Also Henderson the captain of the national side U21's, obviously means he is not poor. As for Downing, im more than happy with him and enrique, playing very well down that left..... Overpriced yes, but not poor

Yes you did play us twice and out play us twice but because you beat us twice, but that dont mean you are better..

Liverpool Recently have had the upper hand over Man United but it does not mean we are better than them because we are not, Spurs need to show consistency to prove they are up there

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Big matches we are winning under daglish, The feel good factor is around again and we are playing decent football

Under hodgson it was embarrasing to watch, and when it really mattered we did not get good results,

It all shows that as soon as Daglish took over we went from mid table straight to fighting for 4/5/6 places

Football is a results business with the amount of money in it these days.

Also Spurs beat you handily last two games, finished ahead last two seasons and IMO have started better this season. Surely that is more consistent than winning the league 25 or so years ago?

I didn't say that us beating you consistently was the sole reason for us being better than you, it was mostly finishing above you for the past 2 years.

re transfers: Enrique was a good buy for 6m, Downing's could be a good buy, but he's not really shown much yet. Henderson for me, is a pretty poor player. He's captain probably because he's actually played for England (somehow). He doesn't bring anything to the table and there's a reason why Sunderland fans started to boo him last season.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Like i said overall and over the season. I'd still back liverpool over Spurs based on funds, squad and manager acumen.

Okay. You did also say that we would finished 7th behind Sunderland though. How much money do Liverpool have? Already spent over 100m. We've probably got 30m to spend in January at least.

I didn't say that us beating you consistently was the sole reason for us being better than you, it was mostly finishing above you for the past 2 years.

re transfers: Enrique was a good buy for 6m, Downing's could be a good buy, but he's not really shown much yet. Henderson for me, is a pretty poor player. He's captain probably because he's actually played for England (somehow). He doesn't bring anything to the table and there's a reason why Sunderland fans started to boo him last season.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Okay. You did also say that we would finished 7th behind Sunderland though. How much money do Liverpool have? Already spent over 100m. We've probably got 30m to spend in January at least.

That was based on the way you finished the season, and on Arsenal not being so rubbish (though i think they can still take 4th from both of you). You definitely started better than i expected, and I've been completely wrong about Sunderland so far, they have been dire

This is the thing, you always have 30m to spend, and its never spent. I'm sure Spurs have the money, but does Levy really trust HR to spend it, if so why wasnt the striker brought in the summer?

That was based on the way you finished the season, and on Arsenal not being so rubbish (though i think they can still take 4th from both of you). You definitely started better than i expected, and I've been completely wrong about Sunderland so far, they have been dire

This is the thing, you always have 30m to spend, and its never spent. I'm sure Spurs have the money, but does Levy really trust HR to spend it, if so why wasnt the striker brought in the summer?

We had to leave it to the last minute as we had to shift players first. We had about 29 first team players going into deadline day and couldn't be left with a player sitting on the sidelines not registered. We've been looking for strikers for ages, but its very difficult considering the wages, our wage bill is about 60m less than liverpool's btw. Worth bearing in mind. I think we'll sign Leandro in january.

Back