Liverpool can win title - Evans

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 5K
This year with our entire core strengthened (Friedal, Walker, Parker, Adebayor) we look a much stronger and better team. Especially with King playing games.
That's funny. You seem to assume only your team has strengthened? All over our squad has been improved, so we're looking a stronger and better team than we were last season too.

And again you're forgetting that hodgeson was largely to blame for last season. Under Dalglish as Mike pointed out, only united beat us for points last season. Sure you rolled us over at the lane, but we were as bad as we could be, even before the sendings off. You seem to be in this mindset that you are so far ahead of us that you'll come to anfield and **** us 4-0 too; strange boy. You're probably one of those spurs "COYS" fans that tell arsenal they're forever in your shadows (because you had 1 season in the champion's league and they're having a bad season).

On topic, yes there is a chance, there's always a chance. But it's a very slim one. Top 4 is and always will be the priority this season and spurs will be tough competition for it. But who knows, if we had a good run, confidence was high and maybe bought a player or 2 in january we could even pip chelsea to 3rd. The same could be said for spurs if they went on a good run.

The two manchester clubs have looked great this season but there really isn't that much between them and chelsea, liverpool & spurs.

Oh and..
I didn't say that us beating you consistently was the sole reason for us being better than you, it was mostly finishing above you for the past 2 years.
It's a different season. We have a very different team now, one that you haven't finished above yet in a season. Let's wait till the end of the season and see whether you're above us then, until then just be quiet.

We had to leave it to the last minute as we had to shift players first. We had about 29 first team players going into deadline day and couldn't be left with a player sitting on the sidelines not registered. We've been looking for strikers for ages, but its very difficult considering the wages, our wage bill is about 60m less than liverpool's btw. Worth bearing in mind. I think we'll sign Leandro in january.

speaking of which, think you maybe about to be shafted on wages. Genuine concerns that should Modric get the bumper deal, that other key players (agents) will come knocking on Levy's door. An area to watch

Last edited:
speaking of which, think you maybe about to be shafted on wages. Genuiine concerns that should Modric get the bumper deal, that other key players (agents) will come knocking on Levy's door

Doubt Levy will get taken for a ride. There are only 2 players who would have a genuine case of getting near 100k a week - Bale and VDV.

Doubt Levy will get taken for a ride. There are only 2 players who would have a genuine case of getting near 100k a week - Bale and VDV.

an interesting area to watch in the coming months. Still expect Levy to come out on top, but he may have to make concessions

an interesting area to watch in the coming months. Still expect Levy to come out on top, but he may have to make concessions

Think we'll be fine. We've streamlined the squad to accommodate for the increase in wages. Many people think we have an individual wage cap of 60/70k a week, but its actually a whole squad wage cap, and in getting Crouch, Keane, Jenas, Palacios and Hutton off the wage bill, saving 200k+ a week, we could easily afford to up the wage of our key players by say 20/30k each.

Current squad wise and over the last 2 years you would be stupid to think Liverpool are above Spurs in the pecking order and thats comming from someone who hates both clubs the same ammount so my opinion is best.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

My Spurs+Pool squad if i had to choose between both sets of players:
Reina
Enrique
Walker
King (when fit)
Dawson
Modric
Gerrard
VDV
Bale
Suarez
Adebayor

Spurs 7-4 Pool, just my opinion.

Current squad wise and over the last 2 years you would be stupid to think Liverpool are above Spurs in the pecking order and thats comming from someone who hates both clubs the same ammount so my opinion is best.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

My Spurs+Pool squad if i had to choose between both sets of players:
Reina
Enrique
Walker
King (when fit)
Dawson
Modric
Gerrard
VDV
Bale
Suarez
Adebayor

Spurs 7-4 Pool, just my opinion.

Who are you to say that? Are you god?

No? I thought so.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so you thinking yours is best is complete bullshit.

Who are you to say that? Are you god?

No? I thought so.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so you thinking yours is best is complete bullshit.

It was tongue and cheek you mug.(K)

Tomorrows game could change everything.

We beat them last season at Anfield, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Remind me, how many times have we won the league compared to them in those two years?

We beat them last season at Anfield, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Remind me, how many times have we won the league compared to them in those two years?
To be fair, he said could :)

Like I said, there is no point in me explaining, as what would be said would not be "Spurs are awesome" - And unless someone says that, or something along those lines, you don't care.

Liverpool >>> Spurs :)

There is a point in explaining. If you expect your opinion to be taken seriously, then you need to provide points to support it.

There are plenty of points in our favour, given that we've finished ahead of you in the past couple of seasons and have already beaten you this season, comfortably too.

Not that many points against us though, which is why you're not able to support your argument, right?

There is a point in explaining. If you expect your opinion to be taken seriously, then you need to provide points to support it.

There are plenty of points in our favour, given that we've finished ahead of you in the past couple of seasons and have already beaten you this season, comfortably too.

Not that many points against us though, which is why you're not able to support your argument, right?

No, not at all.

Spurs have better first 11 and better squad than Liverpool. They needed striker badly and got one in Ade.

Indeed, as I was arguing/debating with CJ, and nobody else.

Now you're debating the topic with me though, and continue your refusal to substantiate your argument with any valid points.

Now you're debating the topic with me though, and continue your refusal to substantiate your argument with any valid points.

No, you seem to be debating with me :)
I'm just replying so I don't seem ignorant.

Back