Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to wrap Mata up in a weeks time if we want to fend off a ridiculous fee [Assuming there will be a bid from City].

I think you need to move quickly on Mata, hence only a 7

Exactly he's a quality player and Valencia could easily stick a £35 million price tag on him, will Liverpool pay that as well as all of their other transfer targets? I'm not sure.

Agreed, can imagine a lot of clubs being in for him, but word on the street's we've talked to his reps and Mata, and he would like to join; but City could still blow us out of the water. But hopefully, if they're in, he'll see sense and not join to compete with 04807403758075047 players.
I also have an odd feeling United will be in for Adam, too..

I would be seriously ****** if we move for him. Go and get Modric, if there is one area that demands the very best its the playmaker.

Exactly he's a quality player and Valencia could easily stick a £35 million price tag on him, will Liverpool pay that as well as all of their other transfer targets? I'm not sure.

They've put a price on him already, and it's low. Just less than half of 35 Euros, apparently.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I would be seriously ****** if we move for him. Go and get Modric, if there is one area that demands the very best its the playmaker.

We're not as desperate for a play maker, we can always use Gerrard/Merieles in that position. But Adam would be a good addition for us.

Valencia have stuck 20m price tag on him and he's willing to move to liverpool; but city have yet to react, if they do liverpool are screwed

They aren't financially capable of playing hard-to-get.

No, from that list I think you'll sign one of them two if you're lucky. But there's players other than them that you could sign. It's early days yet, they could sign somebody who they haven't even considered yet.

I believe we will sign Wickham, Adam and one of Downing/Mata. 3 from that list, and other players. A left-back, Doni as a backup GK and possibly another winger/centre-back.

Valencia are hardly in a position to negotiate, are they? We just need to make sure we're quicker than City/Inter here.

Being first to react doesn't necessarily mean you'll get him though tbh, as we showed today with Jones.

Valencia have stuck 20m price tag on him and he's willing to move to liverpool; but city have yet to react, if they do liverpool are screwed

Exactly City could change their asking price in an instance. Don't rule out Chelsea yet, too. We were after him before and could be interested again, I can't see us getting him now though.

They aren't financially capable of playing hard-to-get.

Anybody is capable of playing hard-to-get when City's involved.

Being first to react doesn't necessarily mean you'll get him though tbh, as we showed today with Jones.

thats because we reacted, city havent for now. Ball is in liverpools court but they need to get it done soon

Exactly City could change their asking price in an instance. Don't rule out Chelsea yet, too. We were after him before and could be interested again, I can't see us getting him now though.

Anybody is capable of playing hard-to-get when City's involved.

Well, City aren't technically involved yet. Valencia are up to their eyes in debt, hence the Villa and Silva sells for what could be called underwhelming amounts.

Everyone noticed the mass deletions?

Good

I'm guessing he starts RW because Nani is a better choice at LW than Valencia.

Nani is a better player on both wings, imo.

They're both completely different players though, as are Kuyt and Silva. Antonio Valencia is one of the best out and out, orthodox wingers around. You might ask 'who's the best defensive wide player, or best playmaking winger?' and come to the conclusion that Kuyt or Silva are the best wingers.

The fact remains, the original post (I forget who) claimed that Valencia is overrated. Not true

Most of the past few pages aren't on Henderson.

but they are at least liverpool based and im indulging everyone. getting into valencia isnt even close.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

i can happily close the thread either way it doesnt bother me

but they are at least liverpool based and im indulging everyone. getting into valencia isnt even close.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

i can happily close the thread either way it doesnt bother me

My post was deleted about Kuyt, which is also Liverpool related..

Back on Henderson, is the general concensus that he will play wide right? There seems to be a lot of love for Kuyt, so will it be a case of rotation or do you think Liverpool will give Henderson a first team slot based on the amount he has cost?

My post was deleted about Kuyt, which is also Liverpool related..

i deleted the entire last page with a click.

man alive, its just easier to close it

Status
Not open for further replies.