Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
N'gog's scored some big goals, vs United, Arsenal etc.

Kuyt played his whole first season up front.

Goal vs United was in last minute to make it 2-0 vs 10 men. Goal vs Arsenal was 1st game of the season to make it 1-0. Not that big.. didn't most of his goals this season come in the Europa League qualifying rounds?

As I said, I'll take your word for it. Don't remember really, but the majority of his time at Liverpool has been as a winger.

Some good mature postings there over the last few pages. Pity I haven't time to read them all. My loss I suppose.

Though had to laugh at the 'Valencia over rated' comment. Name me a better RW in the Prem

Glad i went to the gym, tempted to cull the last 2 pages. in amongst the nonsense, did anyone answer my question as to what sunderland see in N'Gog?

I can't tell you anything for certain, but they are not exactly packed with strikers at Sunderland, so maybe that's why.

lol 15M serious ?
Yes, if Bendtner is worth £9m or so, N'Gog is worth more. As I said, the modern market has inflated prices and N'Gog is underrated.

More proven than Hernandez? Hernandez £6M = 20 goals from Mexican leagues. 17 goals in 24 internationals. Don't think so somehow.
Smalling has probably played more games in the EPL than N'Gog. Plus Smalling is English and most of his fee was add-ons/bonuses.

He is an unproven striker. He played for you, but didn't do much - then got dropped so your winger (fair that he's a natural striker, but he's played as a winger since day one at Liverpool) could take his spot and demote him back to the bench.

As I said, it's a mircale Commoli got £7M for him.
I'm not saying he's better, I'm saying he's unproven. And he was understudy to Torres, and was only dropped when we got Carroll and Suarez in January. I agree, Hernandez is better, but N'Gog has played in the Prem longer - definitely more than Smalling! I think we should agree to disagree.

N'Gog is underrated in my opinion, as he is better than players like Michael Owen, Nicolas Bentdner, etc. Many fans these days also are on the player's back the moment they are out of form, and are pretty stupid (not saying anyone in particular).

Don't remember him playing up front when he first joined but I'll take your word for it. I don't really remember tbh. I wouldn't say N'Gog is proven, but that's my opinion. My initial point is that he isn't worth anywhere near the £15M *Paul* mentioned and it's a miracle that he is going for £7M. Also, that he's not as proven as Hernandez.

Aye, he played a full season up-front and was for the most part, very frustrating. N'gog isn't worth 15m, it isn't a miracle we're getting around 7 for him, I believe he's worth 5-6m.

Some good mature postings there over the last few pages. Pity I haven't time to read them all. My loss I suppose.

Though had to laugh at the 'Valencia over rated' comment. Name me a better RW in the Prem

David Silva.

Yes, if Bendtner is worth £9m or so, N'Gog is worth more. As I said, the modern market has inflated prices and N'Gog is underrated.

Bendtner is a far better player though

I'm not saying he's better, I'm saying he's unproven. And he was understudy to Torres, and was only dropped when we got Carroll and Suarez in January. I agree, Hernandez is better, but N'Gog has played in the Prem longer - definitely more than Smalling! I think we should agree to disagree.

N'Gog is underrated in my opinion, as he is better than players like Michael Owen, Nicolas Bentdner, etc. Many fans these days also are on the player's back the moment they are out of form, and are pretty stupid (not saying anyone in particular).

9 goals in 61 matches in the Prem isn't all too impressive to be completely honest. Bendtner has 22 in 98.

Then why mention ''the players we think we will get lolololol''

Because GodCubed posted what the L'pool team could be next season, but I said them players because they are who L'pool want to add to their squad and I don't how they will all fit in if you were to get even half of them, but I don't think you'll get even two of them. Which is why I said that.

Hernandez isn't unproven. He's got more goals in his debut season than N'Gog has in his Premiership career. Hernandez was understudy to Rooney and Berbatov at the start of the season but broke in past the Premier League's top goalscorer. N'Gog is not underrated. He's rated as he is, a player with potential and very frustrating. Wouldn't rate him more than £5M tbh.

Because GodCubed posted what the L'pool team could be next season, but I said them players because they are who L'pool want to add to their squad and I don't how they will all fit in if you were to get even half of them, but I don't think you'll get even two of them. Which is why I said that.

So Henderson is the end of our business this summer? A week into the transfer window..

I fully expect liverpool to sign Mata, Adam and Wickham from that list plus a left back

So Henderson is the end of our business this summer? A week into the transfer window..

No, from that list I think you'll sign one of them two if you're lucky. But there's players other than them that you could sign. It's early days yet, they could sign somebody who they haven't even considered yet.

IMO your chances out of 10: 7,9,9,8/6,8. I think you need to move quickly on Mata, hence only a 7

Agreed, can imagine a lot of clubs being in for him, but word on the street's we've talked to his reps and Mata, and he would like to join; but City could still blow us out of the water. But hopefully, if they're in, he'll see sense and not join to compete with 04807403758075047 players.
I also have an odd feeling United will be in for Adam, too..

Status
Not open for further replies.