Liverpool close in on Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to have a budget but £20m + N'Gog? I like N'Gog and I think he is a good backup and has a bright future so I don't want him to leave. However, signing Henderson shows our financial muscle and attraction, but I hope we get Jones and Wickham too (although Jones is probably joining United).

It's great to have a budget but £20m + N'Gog? I like N'Gog and I think he is a good backup and has a bright future so I don't want him to leave. However, signing Henderson shows our financial muscle and attraction, but I hope we get Jones and Wickham too (although Jones is probably joining United).

£13M and N'Gog = £20M

Keep up.

£13M and N'Gog = £20M

Keep up.
Oh, right, my bad.

Sorry, but I still don't want N'Gog to exit - not for £7m anyway. I think he is worth more like £15m, but I guess not many other clubs rate him. This is a good move for Sunderland as well, they get a promising young striker to bolster their poor front line - and a lot of cash too!

What he said:

Anderson is a good little player with potential to be excellent from CM (Henderson's position)
Anderson >>>> Henderson

What he should have said:

Anderson is a good little player with potential to be excellent from CM however at the moment he is nowhere near consistent enough
Anderson > Henderson (But not by much)

Oh, right, my bad.

Sorry, but I still don't want N'Gog to exit - not for £7m anyway. I think he is worth more like £15m, but I guess not many other clubs rate him. This is a good move for Sunderland as well, they get a promising young striker to bolster their poor front line - and a lot of cash too!

The fact he got £7M for him is a miracle. If he'd got £15M then I'd say he owned another club and was making them sign him. £7M is an amazing deal for an unproven striker.

Don't forget Mata, Cissokho, Downing, Wickham, Adam, Bojan and all the other who are 'going to join'...lol.

Excuse me? How's Torres? How's your hunt for a manager going? How's your hunt for any new players going? Has Roman finally decided to loosen the purse strings again all of a sudden?

Do one.

The fact he got £7M for him is a miracle. If he'd got £15M then I'd say he owned another club and was making them sign him. £7M is an amazing deal for an unproven striker.
He's not 'unproven', he's probably more proven than Hernandez and Smalling. He has played for us in the top division when Torres was injured and as a substitute, as we didn't have much money then. He's scored against United, Arsenal and many other teams and has a good goal ratio. £7m is nothing nowadays, especially in England - even Cattermole cost more (I think)!

Oh, right, my bad.

lol 15M serious ?

He's not 'unproven', he's probably more proven than Hernandez and Smalling. He has played for us in the top division when Torres was injured and as a substitute, as we didn't have much money then. He's scored against United, Arsenal and many other teams and has a good goal ratio. £7m is nothing nowadays, especially in England - even Cattermole cost more (I think)!

More proven than Hernandez? Hernandez £6M = 20 goals from Mexican leagues. 17 goals in 24 internationals. Don't think so somehow.
Smalling has probably played more games in the EPL than N'Gog. Plus Smalling is English and most of his fee was add-ons/bonuses.

He is an unproven striker. He played for you, but didn't do much - then got dropped so your winger (fair that he's a natural striker, but he's played as a winger since day one at Liverpool) could take his spot and demote him back to the bench.

As I said, it's a mircale Commoli got £7M for him.

More proven than Hernandez? Hernandez £6M = 20 goals from Mexican leagues. 17 goals in 24 internationals. Don't think so somehow.
Smalling has probably played more games in the EPL than N'Gog. Plus Smalling is English and most of his fee was add-ons/bonuses.

He is an unproven striker. He played for you, but didn't do much - then got dropped so your winger (fair that he's a natural striker, but he's played as a winger since day one at Liverpool) could take his spot and demote him back to the bench.

As I said, it's a mircale Commoli got £7M for him.

No he isn't more proven than Hernandez, but a young striker who for about a season and a half was direct back up for one of the most lethal players on the planet at the time in Torres. He filled in when he could and scored goals when he played. Yes he is proven. Is he worth £7m? No. Worth about £4/5m.

You're point about Smalling being English, what's your point?

Who?

No he isn't more proven than Hernandez, but a young striker who for about a season and a half was direct back up for one of the most lethal players on the planet at the time in Torres. He filled in when he could and scored goals when he played. Yes he is proven. Is he worth £7m? No. Worth about £4/5m.

English, homegrown, extra taxes.. You shouldn't be asking that question. English player = What he is worth + 5 to 10 Million..

N'Gog unproven - Kuyt = Striker turned winger re-turned Striker.

He's English, therefore overpriced. I thought everyone knew this already...

Henderson isn't worth a total £20M. Carroll isn't worth a total £35M. Rooney wasn't worth £27M. Rio wasn't worth near enough £30M. Ashley Young isn't worth £16M (especially with one year left on his contract!), same with Downing (minus the contract).

Henderson isn't worth a total £20M. Carroll isn't worth a total £35M. Rooney wasn't worth £27M. Rio wasn't worth near enough £30M. Ashley Young isn't worth £16M (especially with one year left on his contract!), same with Downing (minus the contract).

Kuyt=returned striker when injuries to our strikers. Kuyt plays great wherever.

Ah. Kuyt was not used as a winger from day one. He was used a striker but it didn't really work out. Rafa moved him out wide as a winger and he has been very, very good. He isn't a 're-turned striker', he only plays there when others are out through injury.

N'gog is proven, he has scored in very important matches, and played well for the majority of his appearances.

Last edited:

But what's that got anything to do with N'gog being unproven?

Excuse me? How's Torres? How's your hunt for a manager going? How's your hunt for any new players going? Has Roman finally decided to loosen the purse strings again all of a sudden?

Do one.

How do Chelsea come in to this?

I did just go on a rant, deleted it though because this thread is about Henderson's proposed move to Liverpool and not a Chelsea vs Liverpool thread.

Ah. Kuyt was not used as a winger from day one. He was used a striker but it didn't really work out. Rafa moved him out wide as a winger and he has been very, very good. He hasn't a 're-turned striker', he only plays there when others are out through injury.

N'gog is proven, he has scored in very important matches, and played well for the majority of his starts.

Don't remember him playing up front when he first joined but I'll take your word for it. I don't really remember tbh. I wouldn't say N'Gog is proven, but that's my opinion. My initial point is that he isn't worth anywhere near the £15M *Paul* mentioned and it's a miracle that he is going for £7M. Also, that he's not as proven as Hernandez.

N'gog's scored some big goals, vs United, Arsenal etc.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Don't remember him playing up front when he first joined but I'll take your word for it. I don't really remember tbh. I wouldn't say N'Gog is proven, but that's my opinion. My initial point is that he isn't worth anywhere near the £15M *Paul* mentioned and it's a miracle that he is going for £7M. Also, that he's not as proven as Hernandez.

Kuyt played his whole first season up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.