Liverpool - Doing things the hard way.

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jones*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
people should lighten up, whats the point in having this section if we cant even debate. I think people should stop saying "this is gonna happen or people are gonna ***** and argue" it hasn't happened yet, when it does close the thread, I don't see the point in just posting comments saying how the OP shouldnt have posted this.

Personally I was shocked that Liverpool lost to Wigan yesterday, and they deserved to lose. I was very sure they would get 4th spot but the closer we get to the end of the season more holes are appearing in Rafa's "guarantee". Liverpool are not a bad team, I honestly dont think Man Utd's squad is much stronger it is just that they have the confidence, the work ethic and the mental state that is required to win trophies. Liverpool lost a couple of key players yes (Xabi Alonso, Arbeloa) and yeah Xabi Alonso is top class, it was bad man management that lead to the lad wanting to go to Madrid and I'm sure Rafa knows that.

Rafa has made mistakes, mainly in the transfer market. Why he splashed out on an injured player I have no idea, especially seing as they lost a key player in that position during the summer but it would be ludicrous if he got the sacked, I mean who is going to come in and do a better job?

Liverpool are in turmoil right now that cannot be denied and unless their players show some more drive and passion then I am beginning to believe they will not get into the top 4. Rafa needs to evoke a reaction out of his players and it seems he is struggling to do that.

Benayoun, Torres, and Gerrard all played against Wigan and usually when those 3 play Liverpool are very good but they were totally unimginative the other night. its worrying that they lost the game in the manner they did with those 3 players all fit (well relatively).

I still think Liverpool are very well equipped to finish in the top 4 it just remains to be seen if the players show hunger or drive to succeed. it doesn't get much better with the fact gerrard is probably going to get a ban for his "v" gesture during the wigan game.

Xabi wanted to leave and he got 30million. thats a good price for him

Personally iwouldn't have sold him, £30m for the best playmaker in the world (apart form xavi who will never leave) is not a good price for me. If I were Xabi I'd regret it, sooner or later Madrid are gonna get too big for their own shoes and buy too many world class players and before you know it he'll be a rotary player.

i personally wud like to see benitez play 442
reina​
g. johnson carragher d. agger aurelio(always injured)

gerrard (had his best season on the right) mascherano aquilani maxi
torres babel​

thanks deano, i agree with your point about debate. I mean, even the chelsea fan wasn't too harsh! :P

Found an interesting Thread about the same thing on this Liverpool forum, may interest a few of you - http://www.offsideref.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=59702&view=unread#unread

Personally iwouldn't have sold him, £30m for the best playmaker in the world (apart form xavi who will never leave) is not a good price for me. If I were Xabi I'd regret it, sooner or later Madrid are gonna get too big for their own shoes and buy too many world class players and before you know it he'll be a rotary player.

You didn't really have a choice, Rafa tried offloading Xabi to Juve the season before so no wonder he wanted to leave, its every Spanish players dream to play for Real Madrid, Liverpool had no choice but to let him go in the end really and they needed the money.

Found an interesting Thread about the same thing on this Liverpool forum, may interest a few of you - http://www.offsideref.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=59702&view=unread#unread

You didn't really have a choice, Rafa tried offloading Xabi to Juve the season before so no wonder he wanted to leave, its every Spanish players dream to play for Real Madrid, Liverpool had no choice but to let him go in the end really and they needed the money.

every spanish players dream to play for madrid? Even a basque? I'm sure he'd rather have gone to barca but still...

every spanish players dream to play for madrid? Even a basque? I'm sure he'd rather have gone to barca but still...

Yes, maybe I was a bit over the top in that statement but Xabi many Spanish players would find it hard to turn down when Real come calling, I doubt he would of rather gone to Barca when Xavi and Iniesta play the same role.

i know what your saying mate :D just thought i'd be picky,
just read that link you posted.
I agree with it all completely and definately wouldn't mind seeing Laurent Blanc at anfield :P

id take some liverpool players at city,
Obv not reina because we have given who i think is better
Id take agger, glen johnson, torres, gerrard, skrtel, maxi and id love benayoun as hes class imo, id replace some of our players with the liverpool team, i used to say 2 man team also but when you take your head out of your own **** you will realise that liverpool have some good players, some guy said on ssn the other day that man city were a one man team, wanted to kill him, apparently tevez is our only good player and we rely on him for everything
You don't want Maxi or Skrtel mate ;)
Personally, i can think of Given and Tevez whom i like (off top of my head)

You can't blame the owners entirely,at the end of the day this squad is good enough to finish in the top 4.FACT.They're all on a good wage?FACT.They're not performing?FACT

Walrus do you ever have anything positive to say?

Walrus do you ever have anything positive to say?

Whos to say his not telling the truth lets face it its only majority bindipper fans that are actually biased i beleve the sooner you face your a hasbeen club the better.

Whos to say his not telling the truth lets face it its only majority bindipper fans that are actually biased i beleve the sooner you face your a hasbeen club the better.

What did he just say?

You're what, 12?

Behave, the sooner you realise you will be in a worse position when Abramovic goes the better.

What did he just say?

Just to translate for people who don't speak gibberish: 'Who's to say he's not telling the truth? Let's face it, the majority of Liverpool fans are biased. I believe that the sooner you face that you're a has-been club, the better.'

Just to translate for people who don't speak gibberish: 'Who's to say he's not telling the truth? Let's face it, the majority of Liverpool fans are biased. I believe that the sooner you face that you're a has-been club, the better.'

thanks mate.

Just for the record.. Cjacko. if there one has-been club around it is chelsea. all you 30+ aging stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back