Liverpool - Everton 16/1/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm curious. Looked red from were I was sitting.
A red and a penalty would have been outrageously harsh for that. What basis was that a red? Wasn't denying a goalscoring opportunity, was a pretty stupid challenge actually seeing as he didn't even have control of the ball..

At least the owner was here today, he got to see with his own eyes how badly we need to bring in two or three quality players. After Agger went off ill our defence fell apart.. It was embarrassing at times. Everton didn't deserve a point and honestly I'd say Kenny should be much more pleased about his teams performance as a whole than Moyes can be.

3 games, 2 defeats and a home draw. The comments i made are the same comments i made before he even took charge of a game. Its called a prediction that seems to be proving both me and Scott right as much as it may pain you and many others.

I don't understand if we are ever supposed to actually take you seriously or not...

At least the owner was here today, he got to see with his own eyes how badly we need to bring in two or three quality players. After Agger went off ill our defence fell apart.. It was embarrassing at times. Everton didn't deserve a point and honestly I'd say Kenny should be much more pleased about his teams performance as a whole than Moyes can be.

I don't understand if we are ever supposed to actually take you seriously or not...
How did we not deserve a point? You dominated first half and didn't take your chances, we dominated second and did.

How did we not deserve a point? You dominated first half and didn't take your chances, we dominated second and did.

Well if Agger had stayed on the pitch I honestly couldn't see us conceding, I mean Everton had no attacking threat at all in the first half but due to some poor defending you managed to take the lead... And then lose it again.

Studies show that when teams change manager half was through the season their next 5-6 games show a slight improvement but then return back to more of the same.

Im just saying i said that i didn't think much would improve and its the reason i thought Dalglish shouldnt take over because at the moment he is rememberd as "King" and even people who don't support Liverpool know his as King Kenny. But if results stay like this he wont be known as King Kenny he will be rememberd for this time at Liverpool especially by opponent fans and the harsh media and its not fair on him.

Well if Agger had stayed on the pitch I honestly couldn't see us conceding, I mean Everton had no attacking threat at all in the first half but due to some poor defending you managed to take the lead... And then lose it again.
You've got serious problems if one CB makes that much difference. We didn't have much attacking threat in the first half no, but came out with a point to prove in the second half and did just that. Not to mention the fact that we had Beckford and Anichebe up front, and you had two world cup finalists up top, but we still looked more threatening second half. Without that stupid bit of keeping from Howard you didn't look like scoring at all in the second half.. Fair point.

Things have hardly changed under Kenny?

.. Hence the reason we looked 10x better than under Woy today. We passed the ball rather than hit it as hard and long as possible hoping Torres can somehow salvage it. Onto the game...

First half we were fantastic and should have been more than one up. We pushed them back whenever they had possession and looked fairly comfortable ourselves. Torres looked bright and our midfield was actually very solid. I was worried when Agger went off at half time, it was inefitable that the defensive line was going to have to drop back slightly due to the fact we never had any centre-backs that are comfortable enough on the ball to take it into the midfield.

Second half, the inefitability happened and we looked more and more shaky with the ball at the back. Johnson was shaky, as were both centre-backs (Martin Kelly may be our best defender). Was very impressed with our work rate and determination, Kuyt, Meireles, Maxi were brilliant closing down and putting Everton under pressure. The two goals took away our momentum and we paid for missed chances, Everton pressurised us from then on to be honest. We never threatened until the penalty which saved us a point, good finish from Kuyt, who played very well.

Overall, pleased with the point, a very good derby match although had a few things gone our way we could have definitely won.

Studies show that when teams change manager half was through the season their next 5-6 games show a slight improvement but then return back to more of the same.

Im just saying i said that i didn't think much would improve and its the reason i thought Dalglish shouldnt take over because at the moment he is rememberd as "King" and even people who don't support Liverpool know his as King Kenny. But if results stay like this he wont be known as King Kenny he will be rememberd for this time at Liverpool especially by opponent fans and the harsh media and its not fair on him.

Fair enough for having a predication or whatever but you cannot judge Liveperpool for three massive reasons.

1) You haven't watched the games, meaning you don't know whether Liverpool have actually improved, just judging this purely on results.
2) Nobody here expected a miracle.. We know it was going to be tough and that King Kenny couldn't just magically save us and make us win, that would be naive and stupid.
3) It's been three games! Judge him at the end of the season, then you can say "I told you so" or whatever it is you so desperately want to prove..

That's a load of bollocks. He is a legend of the game and always will be. He won the league with Blackburn, who Woy got relegated soon after, he isn't that bad a manager.

But surely it dosen't matter if performances improve if you dont get results. Would you be happy with that because i don't know any fan that would be. Just because performances are improving it dosen't mean the results will come.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

That's a load of bollocks. He is a legend of the game and always will be. He won the league with Blackburn, who Woy got relegated soon after, he isn't that bad a manager.

Im not saying hes a bad manager am i?? Im saying i believe this Liverpool side is bad and i can't see what he can do to improve the side thats all.

But surely it dosen't matter if performances improve if you dont get results. Would you be happy with that because i don't know any fan that would be. Just because performances are improving it dosen't mean the results will come.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Im not saying hes a bad manager am i?? Im saying i believe this Liverpool side is bad and i can't see what he can do to improve the side thats all.
you're missing the point, better performances are more likely to lead to reults than **** ones

Motivation, proper football, respectable press conferences. He's already improved the side...

we're all getting off topic again, this isnt just about liverpool seasons

we're all getting off topic again, this isnt just about liverpool seasons

This. It is a match thread tbf, we all know CJACKO's opinion on Liverpool, we're not gonna change it. :)

Motivation, proper football, respectable press conferences. He's already improved the side...

You forgot no clean sheets in 3 games whilst conceding 5 goals... You wont improve if you cant keep clean sheets you know.

You forgot no clean sheets in 3 games whilst conceding 5 goals... You wont improve if you cant keep clean sheets you know.

Most of the goals have been from individual errors, not mentioning a woeful refereeing decision...

Not even Kenny can make the pool defence any better without investment. The majority of the Liverpool defenders are ****

Most of the goals have been from individual errors, not mentioning a woeful refereeing decision...

Lets have the age old debate then, Managers or Players fault? Under Woy you lot blamed the manager for the players mistakes, so i would of thought it be the same unnder Kenny.

Lets have the age old debate then, Managers or Players fault? Under Woy you lot blamed the manager for the players mistakes, so i would of thought it be the same unnder Kenny.

Well, if you actually watched Liverpool games you'd notice the difference in performance and brand of football. What mistakes did the players make under Woy (I presume you mean individual errors)?

Well, if you actually watched Liverpool games you'd notice the difference in performance and brand of football. What mistakes did the players make under Woy (I presume you mean individual errors)?

Many Mistakes.. You trying to say there wasn't one mistake under Woy? XD

I watched liverpool last week and all i saw was a team that didnt know what to do when there captain got sent off and a goalie keep them in the game. Midweek they defended awfully and today again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back