Liverpool owner to spend 'wisely'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool's new owner John Henry warns he will not throw money at the club in a bid to solve their problems.

More...

All im going to say is:

Dont get carried away Liverpool fans as most chairmans say this. It wouldnt suprise me if he was the same as all of the american chairmans "a failure" for example: Randy Lerner, Glazier Family, Hicks & Gillet etc.

Jesus dude.. calm down, this guy is actually trying to help liverpool.. you can't be expecting the best so soon, I hope he doesn't just throw money to Hodgson, but I hope he'll be able to give him a realistic amount to bring in some good new players.

Players don't come cheep these days so i wouldn't expect any major signings at all.

The wisest money will be paying Hodgson off.

All im going to say is:

Dont get carried away Liverpool fans as most chairmans say this. It wouldnt suprise me if he was the same as all of the american chairmans "a failure" for example: Randy Lerner, Glazier Family, Hicks & Gillet etc.
I would not call Randy Lerner a failure.

I wouldn't trust Hodgson with a fiver. Who's next? Simon Davies for 6 million?

I think you could do with signing a second striker to play with Torres, get him some confidence back and not rely souly on him and Gerrard to get your goals.

wouldnt give hodgson steam of my **** hed probably buy someone like ricardo fuller
:'(

Don't give Hodgson any money, he will sign the Fulham team and a load of **** Scandinavians. Bring in a new manager, Pellegrini possibly, and give him a decent amount of money for January.

Don't give Hodgson any money, he will sign the Fulham team and a load of **** Scandinavians. Bring in a new manager, Pellegrini possibly, and give him a decent amount of money for January.

Or the current Valencia manager. He's doing a great job, doubt he'd join us though.

Give him enough for Doyle, Dunne and Enrique then Liverpool will be sorted :)

Out: Hodson
In: Pellegerini

Pellegrini, give him money, and with that he will know who to sign, just look at villareal with him

Good in one sense because we cant get into any crazy debt but really bad in another because we need to improve the squad. First move should be getting rid of Hodgson and bringing in Pellegrini or Rijkaard.

Back