Liverpool owner to spend 'wisely'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 4K
no need for another foreign manager.. perhaps O'Neil.. but I still think Hodgson's a good manager. Perhaps Henry will offer United 80 Million and 400k a week for Rooney..

no need for another foreign manager.. perhaps O'Neil.. but I still think Hodgson's a good manager. Perhaps Henry will offer United 80 Million and 400k a week for Rooney..

O'Neill is foreign. As well as useless.

See this is what i mean writting off O'Neill, high expectations. Pool could do alot worse than O'Neill.

Pellegrini might be a good choice but i gotta admit that i miss Benitez :P

8:26pm UK, Monday October 18, 2010
Hazel Baker, Sky News Online
The chairman of Liverpool football club is to step down after the sale of the club is completed, Sky's City editor Mark Kleinman has exclusively revealed.

Martin Broughton (R) will leave after the club is sold to John Henry (L)
Martin Broughton is leaving to become the chairman of a new firm called Sports Investment Partners.
The company will be run by Mr Broughton's son Michael and will plough hundreds of millions of pounds into sport-related businesses.
"The fact that Broughton plans to step down as chairman of Liverpool after a short transition period (possibly of as little as several weeks) will surprise few people," Kleinman said.
"However, the details of his involvement in his next major venture will be of interest to the City and beyond."

The move comes after Liverpool's chairman last week secured a £300m takeover of the club after a legal battle with current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
Mr Broughton was greeted with cheers from hundreds of fans who had gathered outside court on Wednesday to hear the decision that would determine the future of their beloved club.
Chants of "We love you Martin," broke out when the chairman stepped out of the court having seemingly won the rights to sell the club.

------------------------------------------------------

Now that's a shame, although expected I suppose.

We need a good foreign manager with experience in the spanish game imo. aka. Pellegrini.
He did amazing with villareal and knows how to get his teams playing football. something i havent seen liverpool do yet. The 'spanish way' of football is much easier on the eye and more effective.

dzeko would be a wise buy ;)

Agree but Wolfsburg don't have to sell and if City couldnt buy him then Liverpool wont be able too. I would say Carlton Cole would be a easy target.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

They have history so.....

Exacly my point mate.

Not at the moment i don't think they could.
they are a huge club with troubles, but with a new and very strong financial background. they are a great project for any manager. pellegrini would fit in perfectly for one. if you spent less time belittling them you'd notice that. i have no love for liverpool, but i dont dismiss who they are or what they are capable of

Last edited:
Agree but Wolfsburg don't have to sell and if City couldnt buy him then Liverpool wont be able too. I would say Carlton Cole would be a easy target.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Exacly my point mate.

hmmm... good point actully, they were wanting sumthing like 25million were they ?

but isnt his contract running out soon or did he get it renewed ?

8:26pm UK, Monday October 18, 2010
Hazel Baker, Sky News Online
The chairman of Liverpool football club is to step down after the sale of the club is completed, Sky's City editor Mark Kleinman has exclusively revealed.

Martin Broughton (R) will leave after the club is sold to John Henry (L)
Martin Broughton is leaving to become the chairman of a new firm called Sports Investment Partners.
The company will be run by Mr Broughton's son Michael and will plough hundreds of millions of pounds into sport-related businesses.
"The fact that Broughton plans to step down as chairman of Liverpool after a short transition period (possibly of as little as several weeks) will surprise few people," Kleinman said.
"However, the details of his involvement in his next major venture will be of interest to the City and beyond."

The move comes after Liverpool's chairman last week secured a £300m takeover of the club after a legal battle with current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
Mr Broughton was greeted with cheers from hundreds of fans who had gathered outside court on Wednesday to hear the decision that would determine the future of their beloved club.
Chants of "We love you Martin," broke out when the chairman stepped out of the court having seemingly won the rights to sell the club.

------------------------------------------------------

Now that's a shame, although expected I suppose.

Now Martin you know what to do with those 100s of millions you want to plough into Sports investments. Invest in Liverpool and state your money is to be used to buy new players :P

hmmm... good point actully, they were wanting sumthing like 25million were they ?

but isnt his contract running out soon or did he get it renewed ?

Im pretty sure it got re-newed, they have a big financial backer in Volswagan so they can keep big players.

Back