Liverpool owner to spend 'wisely'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 4K
assuming im still play the way Roy is? i would be putting feelers out to Bilbao's Llorente; tall, strong, intelligent, very good in the air; the kind of player to compliment Torres, as well as being a much needed morale boosting compatriot the National team

Was talking about this at lunch, would be a good signing. But the question is how much would we be looking at for a World Cup winner?

Ok, who could you get who is a proven Prem goal scorer, for under £10m?

Roque Santa Cruz, John Carew, Peter Crouch?

Rather take a risk on someone like Huntelaar though, not proven in the Prem but I am sure he could be a good signing.

Rather take a risk on someone like Huntelaar though, not proven in the Prem but I am sure he could be a good signing.

Wouldnt take the first two, doubt Crouch would return due to the lack of football last time. And for Klaas I wanted him, but Shalke got in first.

Was talking about this at lunch, would be a good signing. But the question is how much would we be looking at for a World Cup winner?
depends on how much he wanted to come here, maybe £14-17million, but thats the kind of money you guys need to be spending on 4-5 quality players over the next season or two, with 1-2 arriving in january

I know he is getting on but Miroslav Klose could be a short term signing to help Liverpool out upfront.

These owners are 'business' men so are here yo make money and I think that we will buy a quality player who comes from asia and an american player who is well known in America as the people over there do not follow teams so much as tey follow certain players so by buying these players more Liverpool fans will start to show and shirt sales will go up.
An example of this happenng now is Man Utd's Park Ji Sung as he is idolized in Korea and by United signing him they got thousands more fans and shirt sales rocketed in Korea. Another is Beckham's transfer to Madrid within a week madrid recieved more than what they paid for beckham back in shirt sales alone.

You really love him don't you.:D
yes :D, but i do think he could do a job for yous, when he plays for ireland he just boot the ball to him so he can knock it down to keane, he wins every time (H) so if yous continue to play route 1 he would be a great signing imo

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

These owners are 'business' men so are here yo make money and I think that we will buy a quality player who comes from asia and an american player who is well known in America as the people over there do not follow teams so much as tey follow certain players so by buying these players more Liverpool fans will start to show and shirt sales will go up.
An example of this happenng now is Man Utd's Park Ji Sung as he is idolized in Korea and by United signing him they got thousands more fans and shirt sales rocketed in Korea. Another is Beckham's transfer to Madrid within a week madrid recieved more than what they paid for beckham back in shirt sales alone.
park i not at untied to sell shirts he is a quality player

I like Santa Cruz, not given a fair go at City with their infinite amount of strikers. 8 million would do iy.

Santa Cruz would be a gamble. But would he be worth it? I'd rather play N'Gog imo.

Santa Cruz would be a gamble. But would he be worth it? I'd rather play N'Gog imo.

Are you ok? Who would prefer Ngog over Santa Cruz. Dont get me wrong i think ngog has a good future but santa cruz is better.

Are you ok? Who would prefer Ngog over Santa Cruz. Dont get me wrong i think ngog has a good future but santa cruz is better.

Santa Cruz is one of the worst players in the Premiership. How he keeps getting signed and played baffles me.

Come to think of it I just think we need a better midfielder. We are pretty much backed up in the Striker positions. I'd like to see 2 defensive midfielders and 2 attacking midfielders.

They should just go for someone proven in the premiership, someone like Jermaine Defoe, he'll score in the prem if he gets the service, not worth the risk on someone like Huntelaar.

Hope Pellegrini comes in - or if not, someone else decent with La Liga savvy.... that way we'll hopefully see some quality Spaniards arriving, & a bit of Tikky-Takky football at Anfield would actually be worth paying to see.

Surely even the NESV suits can see that the manager & a lot of the squad are not up to standard ? Results don't lie.

Last edited:
Back