Liverpool owner to spend 'wisely'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 4K
Regarding Liverpool, I have no great insights but I don't see the new owners splashing out for a big time manager. Famous managers are overpriced and an inefficient use of resources. One thing you will definitely see from the new group is smart moves, wise spending. They do throw cash around but rarely on overpriced assets.

Regarding Dzeko, obviously Wolfsburg is making a big attempt to keep him by making a strong team that can compete. Any FM player has to appreciate their purchases of Diego and Kjaer. If that trio of players is as strong in real life as it is in the game going forward they might be able to play well enough to convince Dzeko to stay.

Regarding Liverpool, I have no great insights but I don't see the new owners splashing out for a big time manager. Famous managers are overpriced and an inefficient use of resources. One thing you will definitely see from the new group is smart moves, wise spending. They do throw cash around but rarely on overpriced assets.

Regarding Dzeko, obviously Wolfsburg is making a big attempt to keep him by making a strong team that can compete. Any FM player has to appreciate their purchases of Diego and Kjaer. If that trio of players is as strong in real life as it is in the game going forward they might be able to play well enough to convince Dzeko to stay.

I highly doubt we're even interested in Dzeko. From what I've seen he seems a good player, sort of in the Huntelaar mode, I'd quite like Darren Bent.

I highly doubt we're even interested in Dzeko. From what I've seen he seems a good player, sort of in the Huntelaar mode, I'd quite like Darren Bent.

Dzeko is more of a Berbatov type player, although he works slightly harder. Huntelaar is more of a clinical finisher. Regarding Darren Bent, he's too similar to Torres and isn't good enough in my opinion. There are many better options, Lisandro Lopez maybe?

Bent not good enough!!!! Im sorry but at the moment he is proberly the in the top 3 best finishers in the PL.

Bent not good enough!!!! Im sorry but at the moment he is proberly the in the top 3 best finishers in the PL.

Yeah he is great at Sunderland, you think he'd shine at Liverpool?

I think he can play either with or without Torres. He is quite a stocky lad and would take some pressure off Pool. No i don't think he would be the best player i actually think they should come back in for Carlton Cole.

I don't think you have the right to be picky, considering where you lie in the table, and the way the team has been playing.

LOL, these past few days have been almost like being at LFCTV forums. I love it.

@ Dunc - You may be right in that aspect. But at the same time, look where "not being picky" got us. If we buy more players like Poulsen and Konchesky, we'll surely slip further down(actually, if we slip any more down, we'd be in the Coca-Cola League). So in reality, we do have to be picky or it's curtains for us.

@ Dunc - You may be right in that aspect. But at the same time, look where "not being picky" got us. If we buy more players like Poulsen and Konchesky, we'll surely slip further down(actually, if we slip any more down, we'd be in the Coca-Cola League). So in reality, we do have to be picky or it's curtains for us.

Yet you have signed Cole and Meireles, so I struggle to see how you can blame your position on the signing of two players, one of who doesn't play every game. Your position is based on the performance of the whole team, and your 'star' players have not been performing, and without them performing, your team is average, at best.

You need to build a better core squad of players, while Liverpool fans seem to be casting off the idea of signing players like Bent, would you rather have N'gog playing that Bent, if/when Torres is injured? I don't really know who else you have been linked with to be honest, but with the reality being that your 'squad' is far from being competative in the top 4 of the league, selling players like Masch and having Lucas/Poulsen as back up/replacements. I highly doubt that when Pool sold Masch, Poulsen was their 1st choice replacement. Sure, Meireles has joined, and Lucas can play in that position, but in reality neither are holding midfielders. Both like to get forward, something that was not part of Maschs game, and something Liverpool are missing. Rather than spending money on a player like Poulsen, they could have gone for a younger player with some potential, who they could have moulded to fit the liverpool style of play, although I see why this couldn't be done with the people in charge at the time.

With the new influx of money, I personally belive Liverpool need to invest in a squad, rather than a few 'Big Names'. Bent would be a good player to have along side Torres, or a back up if playing a lone striker formation. I also think, as stated above, they need a DMC who is actually a DMC, and not a AMC that has been converted to play something that isn't natural to their game. They have back up at keeper, with Brad Jones, he's good enough for a back up. I think the defence has a good amount of cover, seeing some of the youngsters coming through the ranks, along with Wilson. You have some good young strikers coming through aswell, but none of yet are prem standard, by far, hence the need for someone to come in, like Bent, who can back up Torres, as N'gog is far from being a 'good' enough replacement for Torres, if Liverpool FC actually have the ambition to match that of the fans.

I think center mid is covered, with Gerrard/Lucas/Meireles/Spearing, but the wings are lacking. Personally, I am not a great fan of Kuyt, everyone says he 'runs around alot' and 'puts his hear on his sleeve', great, I can see the appeal, but at the same time, would you not rather a flair player on the wings, who can beat a player and send in a cross? I suppose you need some sort of defensive winger on the right, as Johnson is prone to getting forward and losing the ball, so I suppose you could use him on the right. Maxi is a good player, not great, but hes ok. Jovanovic I haven't seen much of, but seems an alright player. Cole needs to get his act together and actually start playing the kind of football we saw him play at Chelsea, he also needs to decide if he has the legs to be a winger, or play as a deep lying striker / playmaker. Babel needs to sort his act out aswell, he needs to buckle down and actually do some ******* work, to get into the team to start with. Also in a similar situation to Cole in not knowing if he is a winger or a striker. Pool could really do with bringing in some younger wingers into the team, I am sure they have some good youth prospects at the club, but I haven't ever seen them used in the 1st team. They need some more flair players on the wings, who can actually make or break a game, rather than just be work horses, being a player like Torres, who is quite good in the air, the game is made twice as hard if you don't get the service.

Anyway, thats just my opinion on Liverpool atm. Rather than go in splashing money around, they need to spend it wisely on improving the squad.

Btw, if any of this is really stupid/retarded, it's late, alright! ;)

Poulson - CL experience, UEFA Cup winner formerly of Sevilla and Juve.

Konchesky - Played his whole career in the Premier League.

These players are pretty good and shouldn't be making you relegation candidates, they've performed no worst than some of your better players who've been competing for top four the past few seasons.

I don't see how the signing of Bent could benefit us. We would be paying £10 Million+ for him, we could sign better players for that. Don't think he would be that good for us, look at him at Spurs..

I don't see how the signing of Bent could benefit us. We would be paying £10 Million+ for him, we could sign better players for that. Don't think he would be that good for us, look at him at Spurs..

Ok, who could you get who is a proven Prem goal scorer, for under £10m?

These players are pretty good and shouldn't be making you relegation candidates, they've performed no worst than some of your better players who've been competing for top four the past few seasons.

Poulsen and Konchesky have undoubtedly been our worst players this season. Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Kuyt have all been, as good as they normally are. Torres is our only star player who is really off-form.

Poulsen and Konchesky have undoubtedly been our worst players this season. Gerrard, Reina, Agger, Kuyt have all been, as good as they normally are. Torres is our only star player who is really off-form.

If they had all been good as in normal form, surely you wouldn't be 19th?

As Ben's said. Poulsen has been our worst player so far, undoubtably. Yet Roy continues to pick him, and calls him a 'key first team player', when he is just incompetent. Trust me.

Konchesky's not been as poor, but still pretty poor.

Ok, who could you get who is a proven Prem goal scorer, for under £10m?
the thing with bent is that he similar to torres in the kind of supply he likes, not much point in aiming for him if you're not gonna play that way, and its not like they have someone to head knockdowns to him.

the thing with bent is that he similar to torres in the kind of supply he likes, not much point in aiming for him if you're not gonna play that way, and its not like they have someone to head knockdowns to him.

Same question applies. Who would you sign?

Same question applies. Who would you sign?
assuming im still play the way Roy is? i would be putting feelers out to Bilbao's Llorente; tall, strong, intelligent, very good in the air; the kind of player to compliment Torres, as well as being a much needed morale boosting compatriot the National team

Back