Liverpool post loss as debts rise

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 5K
seriously mate a load of smook. really really why should we belive your word for chelseas accounts??

You don't have to. You can order your club's accounts from Companies House for a quid or you can read about it in the papers from people like David Conn. It's not like I'm making **** up to make you lot look bad - those are the facts.

The only one of the 'big four' which has a sensible financial outlook is Arsenal. They're about £500 million in debt but have a nice new stadium which is paying it down at a good rate. Of course, they're not able to both have a competitive squad in terms of quality and size plus spend lots in the transfer market but once their debts are clear, they should be an absolute powerhouse financially.

this why people keep telling you that you're in fantasyland. someone breaks it down for you and you dismiss it.

not dismissing it at all mate. untill his roman abramovic's personal accountant for chelsea then i will belive every word he says. at the moment its all talk.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

You don't have to. You can order your club's accounts from Companies House for a quid or you can read about it in the papers from people like David Conn. It's not like I'm making **** up to make you lot look bad - those are the facts.

The only one of the 'big four' which has a sensible financial outlook is Arsenal. They're about £500 million in debt but have a nice new stadium which is paying it down at a good rate. Of course, they're not able to both have a competitive squad in terms of quality and size plus spend lots in the transfer market but once their debts are clear, they should be an absolute powerhouse financially.

but surely if you dont win titles like a club like arsenal in the long run you will lose money??

not dismissing it at all mate. untill his roman abramovic's personal accountant for chelsea then i will belive every word he says. at the moment its all talk.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

but surely if you dont win titles like a club like arsenal in the long run you will lose money??

People exaggerate this sometimes. Just because we are Arsenal doesnt mean its a disaster not to win a trophy for 5 years. Weve been through worse, with better players.

On a side note, Arsenal have been competing and challenging for the title, against Chelsea and United, every year without spending half as much as Chelsea did to build their squad. You cant buy class. Or history.

not cos they're not relying on the pitch success to bank roll the club as far as im aware (something united is doing though)

People exaggerate this sometimes. Just because we are Arsenal doesnt mean its a disaster not to win a trophy for 5 years. Weve been through worse, with better players.

im afraid you got to move with the times.top players want to join clubs that are winning things and that dominate.

im afraid you got to move with the times.top players want to join clubs that are winning things and that dominate.

In a couple of years, Terry and Lampard and Drogba and Cech and Anelka are gonna start wrinkling, and Cesc and RVP and Nasri and Walcott and Ramsey and Wilshere and all our hot prospects are going to flourish even more. Wake up.

this is the standing problem of football, the gamble for success. but at what cost?

In a couple of years, Terry and Lampard and Drogba and Cech and Anelka are gonna start wrinkling, and Cesc and RVP and Nasri and Walcott and Ramsey and Wilshere and all our hot prospects are going to flourish even more. Wake up.

why cant terry,drogba,lamps and anleka go on for aslong as players like giggs,scholes,neville etc??? and as for cech the mans only 28 and for a keeper thats quite young.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

this is the standing problem of football, the gamble for success. but at what cost?

i agree with ya mate. but thats football now days.

why cant terry,drogba,lamps and anleka go on for aslong as players like giggs,scholes,neville etc??? and as for cech the mans only 28 and for a keeper thats quite young.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

They can, but over 32 things it very unlikely that each one of them is going to retain their stamina, injuries can start kicking in as well the players slowing down and losing strength. I cant predict what the players will be like in a few years, but look at your average squag age and surely things are not looking too good for you in the coming decade.

and it needs changing. but real change wont happen until one of the top teams goes down the tube. i just hope its not us

They can, but over 32 things it very unlikely that each one of them is going to retain their stamina, injuries can start kicking in as well the players slowing down and losing strength. I cant predict what the players will be like in a few years, but look at your average squad age and surely things are not looking too good for you in the coming decade.

and it needs changing. but real change wont happen until one of the top teams goes down the tube. i just hope its not us

i agree mate, and i belive it will be liverpool honestly.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

They can, but over 32 things it very unlikely that each one of them is going to retain their stamina, injuries can start kicking in as well the players slowing down and losing strength. I cant predict what the players will be like in a few years, but look at your average squad age and surely things are not looking too good for you in the coming decade.

we have decent youth players and i belive our age of our squad has been the main factor in us doing the double over liverpool, arsenal and man utd this season.

your double over us mainly because of referee **** decisions

oh comeon stop being bitter and we surely dont have to go over desitions again do we. even majority of utd supporters said we deserved to win so leave it.

thats it for me tonight. this serious discussion has brought me right down. im off to play football manager

The only real difference financially between winning the PL and not winning it is the difference in prize money just for the PL - assuming that you finish in a CL spot anyways. There may be a swing in public recognition which will increase overseas sales too, but for a big old club like Arsenal with an established fan base, as long as they're seen to be challenging and aren't too far away (or play 'sexy football') then the stadium will fill up regardless.

Just on Arsenal - there's a reason why vultures are gathering around the club and considering bidding for it. It's ripe for the sort of takeover which Manchester United and Liverpool have had. If it happens, then all that financial prudence over the past five years goes to waste as someone will be coming in and will probably milk them dry.

The amount of money it costs to challenge for the PL from even a CL position is dwarfed by the cost of assembling and maintaining a squad to do it. It's cost close to a billion pounds of additional funding for Chelsea to have its current cycle of success with its existing squad over the past seven years.

Last edited:
look all im saying is i couldnt care less what happens to liverpool, man utd or anyone else for that reason

oh how typically chelsea of you.
i bet you'd feel great if you won the league year after year challenging the likes of city because the two biggest clubs in England had gone down the ******* financially. I'm sure you'd be dead proud.

In all honesty, i think some Chelsea fans envy the history of clubs like Liverpool and United, especially when people have only really started talking about Chelsea in the same breath as United and Liverpool from 04/05. Also, the think I find most funny is, that Chelsea have all these millions and yet still have one of the oldest squads in the league. The likes of Drogba and Lampard will be gone in 3-4 years, then what are you going to do?
People should just realise that if Wengers still there, Arsenal are probably going to rule English football for some time to come in 4 or 5 years/

I just wish CJACKO11 would stop taking every single thread into an argument tbh. :$

lol @ the forum 'pundits' turning this thread into a fail

on topic: sadly it would be a loss for english football if liverpool were to do a pompey. i would be tempted to lol though XD

Arsenal fill out there 60,000 stadium every match, they have a very young squad that doesnt get paid golden blocks every 2-3 seconds, Arsenal also havent spent loads on transfers in the last few seasons. Arsenal are in a great position, and are doing better then chelsea financially.

Seriously Jacko, your fighting a lost battle. I appreciate the patriotism but youve got to admit, Chelsea arent debt-free in the slightest.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

oh comeon stop being bitter and we surely dont have to go over desitions again do we. even majority of utd supporters said we deserved to win so leave it.

Plus the fact we literally rolled over for you as we had nothing to go for, and had just seen our captain give away a goal.

Back