Liverpool - Rising From The Ashes

Luarez

Reaction score
View attachment 251198

Rising From The Ashes

Liverpool is one of the most successful,supported and illustrious clubs in England, what sets this club apart from any other in England is it's passionate fanbase and glorious history.The club's most successful period came in the 70's and 80's were 4 out of their 5 European Cup triumphs were accomplished in 1977, 1978, 1981, and 1984, arguably there greatest moment came in 2005 under the management of Rafa Benitez when he led them to one of the greatest comebacks ever seen as they came back from a 3 goal deficit against A.C. Milan and claimed their fifth and most recent European Cup success.Although the club have recently hit harder times, the trophy success has dried up and to the fans disappointment Liverpool have failed to capture a League Title in 23 years.My aim is clear and ambitious, it's to bring Liverpool back to where they belong and soon enough we will be Rising From The Ashes...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Beginnings...

View attachment 251920

It's not going to be easy, I had a realistic aim in my head for the upcoming season but I've forced to change it.I had the idea that in my first season I would push for a Champions League spot, but the board had other ideas, they believe that the club should be challenging for the title.

My worries are furthered due to a lack of money made available to us in terms of transfers, the squad has obvious quality in some parts but has a obvious need for added depth which is impossible with the transfer budget offered.

I was starting to have second thoughts about the task at hand, but this club deserves better and I will not fail it and it's passionate fans.
My first task was to assess the squad at my disposal, I needed to identify weaknesses as well as it's strengths.
It became obvious to me that this squad has obvious quality in some parts however it lacks the depth to challenge the likes of Manchester United and their noisy neighbors.
I desperately need some money to enhance the squad, and this is only achievable through the selling of some "deadwood".

View attachment 251213

I have identified some key players at the club who will pivotal in my quest to restore past glories at this wonderful club.

Luis Suarez - Creativity,Trickery, and ample amounts of energy are the reasons behind his obvious class, his constant movement makes him a defenders worst nightmare. I hope to utilize him in the best way possible as I believe it will be vital in my bid for success.

Steven Gerrard - Arguably the best player to wear the Liverbird upon his chest, His passion for the club is undoubted and his skills are unmatched he's often been called the complete midfielder and it's easy to see why.Gaining his trust is imperative and I must use him in the most effective way.

Pepe Reina - Easily one of the best keeper in the world, his uncanny ability to start attacks from the back with his amazing distributing skills makes him a vital part of the team.

View attachment 251490

View attachment 251491

View attachment 251492
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed my first post, I will strive to make this story a success and will try my best to update daily.Any advice concerning the way in which this story is written is welcome, I would also like to ask for advice regarding transfers as I seem to be struggling. Thanks for reading :)

**Updates**

Last edited:
Nice mate, looks like it will be interesting to see how you get this team back to the top, im looking forward to seeing how you get on, good luck :)!

and what postions you looking to improve? and i just started my own story with FC Twente, hope you check it out!

Nice mate, looks like it will be interesting to see how you get this team back to the top, im looking forward to seeing how you get on, good luck :)!

and what postions you looking to improve? and i just started my own story with FC Twente, hope you check it out!

I'll be answering your question in the next post, I don't have much of a transfer budget so it looks like I'm going to have to do a little bit of selling, thanks for the feedback :)

The story looks really good and interesting so far, I'll be following.
Also if you want some advice on signings you should try and pick up Eriksen for 9m if you can raise the funds.

And maybe Clint Dempsey as back up.

Last edited:
Another player whO you should look into is Belhanda he is pretty underrated on this game in terms of shortlists but he turns out good! Only 20 years old as well. One downside us he might cost more than you are willing t spend. This player might be a regen but I'm not sure so don't hold me to my word. I dud find him first season anyway he is called cotton 17 years of age so if your looking for a long term save a definite (if e isn't a regen) according to my scout similar ability to gerrard in the future. Hope this helps.
RICH

Another player whO you should look into is Belhanda he is pretty underrated on this game in terms of shortlists but he turns out good! Only 20 years old as well. One downside us he might cost more than you are willing t spend. This player might be a regen but I'm not sure so don't hold me to my word. I dud find him first season anyway he is called cotton 17 years of age so if your looking for a long term save a definite (if e isn't a regen) according to my scout similar ability to gerrard in the future. Hope this helps.
RICH
Thanks for the feedback :)

Wheeling and Dealing...

View attachment 251474

It was clear this was going to be a huge task, our budget forced us to sell,sell,sell in order to raise funds.
It was a struggle and I found it hard at first, but I know feel that I've done a good job and the squad is looking good but not perfect.
Hopefully my signings can start to put some foundations into place for what's going to be a huge task as I strive to put Liverpool back on their perch.

Lets start with the outgoing transfers.

View attachment 251473

Brad Jones - He was expendable, the fee wasn't the best but neither is the player.

John Flannagan - Loaned out for much needed experience, I have adequate cover at right-back and his playing time would have been limited.

Danny Wilson - I was very happy with this deal, Loaned out for the same reasons as Flanno and a 1m loan fee was a good bonus.

Maxi Rodriguez - It was a toss-up between him and Dirk Kuyt, I eventually decided on maxi because I felt Kuyt offered more versatility. The fee received is great considering his age.

Jack Robinson - This deal was done purely on the basis that I was in need of money to improve the first team, looking back I should have pushed a little more on the fee.

Suso - Doesn't seem to have great potential, the fee is a little low but he was expendable.

Conor Coady - Not much to say about this deal, he was simply loaned out for experience.

Total amount received = £12.5m

Here are the players I decided to buy

View attachment 251475

Ola John - Promising young player brought in as back-up after selling Maxi, I have an option to buy him for 2m at any time, hopefully he put in some good performances and impress me.

Sime Vrsalijko - Great young prospect, he provides great back-up for johnson and maybe will take his place if he improves as he should.

Tom Huddlestone - Awesome passes of the ball and physically strong, he was also bought in mind of the tactic I will be using in the upcoming season and I will reveal it in the next post.

Total Amount Spent = £15.75m

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Season Struggles...

View attachment 251481

I started the Pre-Season in high hopes and hoped to gain insight into how our players play and what tactics will suit the team best, However my high hopes were soon shattered.
The matches we played in showed just how much work is needed to bring us back to the top, we looked weak in every position and struggled to win.
Although the Pre-Season looks poor I feel it is vital to learn from the mistakes made, the best manager will always learn from their mistakes and come back stronger.

View attachment 251478
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, In my next post I will discuss my tactics and formation, I will also cover the first few games of the season.
Hope you enjoyed my post :)

**Updates**

Last edited:
Nice update again mate, to be honest you could have done better with the signings but it will be interesting to see how you get on throughout the season

Nice update again mate, to be honest you could have done better with the signings but it will be interesting to see how you get on throughout the season
To be honest I struggled with finding transfer targets who were better than I already had, and once again thanks for the feedback, I hope you carry on following my story :)

I will update again probably after the Euro games tonight :)

Like the story so far, what tactics are you going to use?

You'll see in the next post I do, I've been looking at few tactics and maybe one of the people's usernames posting on this story may give you an idea.

New Philosophies...

View attachment 251716

I've watched Barcelona for years now under Guardiola and I've always been intrigued by the way they play football, it's basically possession based football while it's great to watch and it looks easy it's far from it.
Due to my intrigue and fascination for this wonderful way of playing the beautiful game, I've decided to attempt and instill this way of playing into the my team.

So here's the formation I will be playing, admittedly I did take the tactic from Raikan007 it's called Short and Sweet.

View attachment 251717

As you can see the tactic is a 4-2-3-1 which is unorthodox for Tiki-Taka, players are encouraged to keep the ball while always looking for that killer pass.
The passing stats it produces are incredible, it makes the team play beautiful football but like every tactic it does have it's downside, this tactics downside being that it's considerably harder to score as your team's build up is relatively slower but if you have the players capable of using this tactic the effects are devastating e.g. Barcelona and Spain

Here's an example of what this tactic produces...

View attachment 251718

As you can see the amount of passes is crazy,I believe the team completed well over 400 passes and it becomes even more impressive when you take away the completed passes and you see the extreme accuracy in which the ball is passed...

View attachment 251719

This shows how little the ball is given away bearing in mind the game is played for an Hour an a Half, This tactic is brilliant and I would highly recommend it although it does take some time for the players to become used to the new way of playing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Start Of Something Big?

View attachment 251722

August 2012

After our Pre-Season struggles I wasn't expecting anything big from these first few games, however It did help as my first few fixtures didn't look too challenging and I was quietly optimistic of achieving a perfect start...

Norwich vs Liverpool (13/8/2011) ​ Barclay's Premier League

So my first competitive game as Liverpool Manager was against newly-promoted Norwich, I expected this game to be a little bit easier but Suarez as I highlighted in my first post is a key player for us and he certainly proved it here by banging in two great goals.

View attachment 251697

Norwich 1 - 2 Liverpool (Suarez (2) , B. Johnson )

Liverpool vs Swansea (21/8/2011) Barclay's Premier League

Well looking at the fixtures I was quietly optimistic about two wins and a good start , but I found myself very nervous when then took the lead through a bad mistake by Pepe Reina, but luckily Dirk Kuyt was on hand to rescue the three points for us.

View attachment 251701

Liverpool 2 - 1 Swansea ( Kuyt (2) , Graham)

Liverpool vs Preston (24/8/2011) League Cup 2nd Round

I saw this game as an opportunity to experiment with my team selection, I give some of the younger players a run out to gain some experience but they didn't perform and the more experienced players of the squad had to rescue us.
Dirk Kuyt once proved again how important he can be for the team with two more great goals.

View attachment 251710

Liverpool 3 - 0 Preston ( Dirk Kuyt (2) , Suarez)

Stoke vs Liverpool (29/8/2011) Barclays Premier League

I expected a tough game away to Stoke, I knew they were going to be hard to break down and I was right, it was a disappointing result also made worse by the broken leg suffered by Glen Johnson which rules him out for up to five or six months, however there was some positives as I was impressed with the way in which we kept possession for long amounts of time and this clearly showed how our passing philosophy was starting to get somewhere with the team.

View attachment 251715
Stoke 0 - 0 Liverpool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super 7's and Player Of The Month!

A little feature I would like to add to this story is the Super 7's, this is where I identify the players who have achieved an Average match rating of 7.00 or over which is my books is acceptable.

So here are the players who I believe have had a respectable start to the season...

View attachment 251720

Average match rating is not the only thing I considered when making my decision, I also took notice of when the goals/tackles/saves were made or even how they reacted when going a goal down.

The player of the month for August is Dirk Kuyt

View attachment 251721

Also here's the league table...

View attachment 251831

Thanks for reading, this seemed to take an age to write but hopefully it's worth it and some people enjoy it.
As always feedback is welcome :)

Last edited:
The only thing I would have been against was selling Robinson. You didn't get much but I don't think you should have sold him full stop. As someone on a long term Liverpool save, I can tell you that other than regens, he is now the best left back in the world.

The only thing I would have been against was selling Robinson. You didn't get much but I don't think you should have sold him full stop. As someone on a long term Liverpool save, I can tell you that other than regens, he is now the best left back in the world.
Seem's like a mistake on my part then, I haven't really done many long term save's so I wasn't really aware of his potential , anyway thanks for the feedback :)

Last edited: