Liverpool - Rising From The Ashes

Last edited:
Hahaha, I love the tactic obviously also the Super 7's is a nice touch.

Hahaha, I love the tactic obviously also the Super 7's is a nice touch.
The Super 7's is not actually my idea but I think it's a nice little feature to add, and I found it kind of ironic that you were following the post XD

I know I found it quite funny when you revealed the tactic you were looking to use :L

Next update will be after the Euro games tonight, anyway I'm off now to go to my exam :(

Nice update again mate and i'm still following with interest.

Cautious Optimism...

September 2011
Last month was a good month for the team and I was hoping to carry our form into the second month of the season, and to be honest the team impressed me in many different ways.
This month was all about seeing how consistent the team is and also to see how our Tiki-Taka style of play is progressing on the players, Let's see whether we can keep our unbeaten record going...

Liverpool vs Bolton 11/9/2011

So the first game of September was against lowly Bolton, I expected this game to be an easy win but it far from it as they had me worried and had plenty of chances to take the game away from us.
To my relief last months best player Dirk Kuyt popped up with a 90th minute winner to send me jumping for joy as we snatched the three points away from them
:D

View attachment 251876

Sunderland
vs Liverpool 17/9/2011

I saw game as more of challenge than the Bolton match, away to Sunderland is never an easy game and I expected it to be a little more tighter than it turned out to be.
A bullet header from the brute that is Martin Skrtel turned out to be the highlight of the game...

View attachment 251878

Liverpool vs Chelsea20/9/2011

This game was definitely the game that presented the biggest test of our season so far, although the game was in the League Cup I believed it was still important as I could see how we compared to one of the best teams in the league.
The result of this game was to say the least disappointing as we played so well and dominated possession even though we were a man down due to Vrsalijko getting a stupid red card, however this game gave me valuable experience and reminded me that there is still some work to do...

View attachment 251880

Liverpoolvs West Brom25/9/2011

After a disappointing result against Chelsea our next game saw the visit of West Brom to Anfield, If we are even daring to think about challenging for the title games like this are a must win.
The team did not disappoint despite the lack of goals I was still impressed with the performance, mainly because of the amazing way we kept possession with 83% of the play being controlled by us...

View attachment 251884

This month turned out to be superb and showed that we can compete, however we will remain cautiously optimistic as we haven't met any of the top four in the league as of yet.
Here's the league table, we see ourselves taking 16 out of a possible 18 points and are level on points with Spurs who lead the table on goal difference...

View attachment 251885

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super 7's And Player Of The Month!

After a great month of performances in the league I was expecting a large number of my players to feature in the Super 7's for this month, However there wasn't as many as I expected and it maybe suggests to me that the team was being pulled through by a few key players nevertheless here are the this months Super 7's...

View attachment 251888

Due to our impressive form during this month I found it hard to find out a standout player for this month, however due to the fact that we didn't score many goals this month to a defender...

The Player of the month for September is Jose Enrique

View attachment 251890

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, this was a great month and I thoroughly enjoyed writing this update for you.
As always feedback on how can I improve this story is appreciated :)

**Updates**

Last edited:
I read both updates and there really good, you seem to be doing a good job so far and it will be interesting to see how you do against some bigger opposition.
KIU!

I read both updates and there really good, you seem to be doing a good job so far and it will be interesting to see how you do against some bigger opposition.
KIU!
Hopefully I can do well against the big teams, as long as I have some people following I will carry on!

Looking good so far mate, liking the super sevens thing as well, it's a nice touch :)

I'm going to go and play some FM now, next update will be tommorow :)

Enjoying reading your story, looking forward to more updates.

When are your key league matches against the big teams in the fixture list, are they all clumped together or spread out?

Battling with the Giants...

View attachment 252122

August 2011

Liverpool vs Wolves 3/10/11

This game was the calm before the storm, basically it was by far the easiest game of the month before we started facing some very big teams.
I saw it as an easy game and one that we should really be winning, I was very happy with the end result as we dominated in every aspect of the game however the game was slightly marred by another injury for Steven Gerrard

View attachment 252125

Spurs vs Liverpool 16/10/2011

This game was the start of a three game run which was going to be a stern test for my squad as it included the likes of Spurs, Man City and Chelsea.
This game was a top of the table clash and I was praying for a win as it would see us leapfrog them to the top of the table, however it didn't turn out perfectly but I was content with the end result...

View attachment 252126

Liverpool vs Man City 22/10/11

A game against arguably the strongest squad in the league was always going to be a big challenge, however I felt we had a chance of getting something positive from the game.
It looked as if we were going to suffer our first loss of the season until Stewart Downing smashed in a 93rd minute equalizer which I was very happy with
grin.gif

View attachment 252127

Chelsea vs Liverpool 29/10/11

I was very nervous about this game against Chelsea as they had inflicted a defeat on us earlier in the League Cup, it was also once again at Stamford Bridge which is infamous for being a hard place to get a win at.
However we found ourselves matching Chelsea stat for stat and we created many clear cut chances but did we get a famous victory at the Bridge and end a run of two games without a win...

View attachment 252130

This month left with mixed emotions, we failed to even get one win against some of our main rivals however we maintained our unbeaten run in the Premier League and we also claimed a great win over Wolves.
This months results leave us with 22 points from a possible 30, I'm sorry I forgot to get a screenshot of the league table this time but next month we will have one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super 7's And Player Of The Month

The Super 7's look's quite bare this month,however we did play Spurs, Chelsea and Man City who are all top quality opposition.

Here are this months Super 7's

View attachment 252134

This month's decision was too my relief a lot more easier than the previous two, the player in the spotlight provided with late minute equalizers and he also scored his first brace during October.

The Player Of The Month for October is... Stewart Downing
View attachment 252135
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, as always feedback is greatly appreciated and also maybe drop a like or rating on this post
smile.gif

I would also like to ask your opinion on using Club Badges instead of just their plain names when i'm doing the monthly results??

**Updates**

Last edited:
Enjoying reading your story, looking forward to more updates.

When are your key league matches against the big teams in the fixture list, are they all clumped together or spread out?

They look a bit more spread out now after that horrible run of games :)