Liverpool sack Benitez

Just rumours at the moment.

If he goes to Inter he could possibly take Torres with him?

Inter wouldn't fork up that cash would they? And would the yanks in charge let him go? Would rather see Gerrard at Madrid than Torres at Inter.

Well seeing as Milito & Maicon are likely to follow Mourinho to Madrid that could free up some money.
Not 7+ M which might just tempt a bit. But it's been said they're not going to sell Steven or Fernando. So we're not looking to sell, so no cut price.

Zebedee...

you seem to know quite a lot about Liverpool (behind the scenes stuff). Could you tell me if there's been any word on the Gerrard to Real Madrid rumours. I'm only asking becasue there seems to be a lot of noise coming from Madrid's end today -- or is it just media hype?

I'm hearing that it's looking like a high probability that he's gone after the World Cup. Seems like the board have moved against Rafa now because Rafa's demand was that the owners honour the promise that all moneys raised by player sales would be reinvested back into the squad. This has not happened for the past two seasons. It is exceptionally unlikely to happen this summer with a new manager who has neither the loyalty or support of the fans like Rafa does and who will be specifically chosen for his willingness to work under the financial constraints imposed by Hicks and Gillett.

edit: Oh, and contrary to what Purslow is spinning to the press, don't expect Torres or Mascherano to hang about either. Torres will be with us for a year more at most. Mash will be off this summer if someone comes in.

You're witnessing the death of Liverpool FC. Enjoy it. We'll not come back from this for a very, very, very long time.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that it's looking like a high probability that he's gone after the World Cup. Seems like the board have moved against Rafa now because Rafa's demand was that the owners honour the promise that all moneys raised by player sales would be reinvested back into the squad. This has not happened for the past two seasons. It is exceptionally unlikely to happen this summer with a new manager who has neither the loyalty or support of the fans like Rafa does and who will be specifically chosen for his willingness to work under the financial constraints imposed by Hicks and Gillett.
Ah, ****...

of topic but wow 25 members viewing the one thread:O

Thanks for the info. I must say, though I'm not a Liverpool fan, it is disgusting what is currently happening at your club. Liverpool (like Manchester United) are not just football clubs, they are national institutions. I can only hope that both clubs eventually find their way back into the hands of someone who treasures them, before it's too late.

Not 7+ M which might just tempt a bit. But it's been said they're not going to sell Steven or Fernando. So we're not looking to sell, so no cut price.

You can never be too sure of something in the world of football. Nothing is certain and things can change overnight.

You talk like Inter are in a financial position similar to your's when I should imagine they would have generated money from winning the League, Champions League, and League Cup. On top of that, Mourinho will probably be sniffing around to reunite players with him at Madrid. L'pool may say they're not going to sell, but things change. Remember when Henry had that interview and said 100% he would be at Arsenal the following season. Look what happened.

Aparently Torres and Benitez have had a massive falling out,
so couldn't see him following Rafa to Inter if thats where he ends up...

I dunno if i'd like to see Rafa go or not,
i mean who'd replace him!?

Aparently Torres and Benitez have had a massive falling out,
so couldn't see him following Rafa to Inter if thats where he ends up...

I dunno if i'd like to see Rafa go or not,
i mean who'd replace him!?
Hope for Guus Hiddink, Hodgson perhaps.

You can never be too sure of something in the world of football. Nothing is certain and things can change overnight.

You talk like Inter are in a financial position similar to your's when I should imagine they would have generated money from winning the League, Champions League, and League Cup. On top of that, Mourinho will probably be sniffing around to reunite players with him at Madrid. L'pool may say they're not going to sell, but things change. Remember when Henry had that interview and said 100% he would be at Arsenal the following season. Look what happened.
Yes, but they get less from their domestic leagues and competitions because of the country they're in.

Hiddink has just taken the turkey job, so unlikely, mark hughes is more realistic

Some serious goings on with the countries top supported clubs at the moment.

Im sure if things went too far, there will be some nutty foreigner willing to save it.

Why? Hughes will bring financial stability, like he did it blackburn dont mention city, it was a whole different issue, hes a good attacking manager, took blackburn who had a very ordinary team, to the UEFA Cup finals

Why? Hughes will bring financial stability, like he did it blackburn dont mention city, it was a whole different issue, hes a good attacking manager, took blackburn who had a very ordinary team, to the UEFA Cup finals
How exactly is he going to bring financial stability?:S

roy hodgson. well respected, incredibly knowledgable, can work with financial restraints

Back