Liverpool Sign Huge Kit Deal - Warrior to replace Adidas

chris22

Reaction score
The full article from The Times

Liverpool have secured the biggest kit deal in English football history, the £25 million-
a-year contract with Boston-based Warrior Sports more than doubling the Anfield club’s present agreement with adidas.
The Times understands that Warrior, a subsidiary of New Balance, will take over production of Liverpool kits in time for the 2012-13 season. Adidas, which launched a new away kit last week as part of its £12 million-a-year contract with the club, had the chance to match the offer but was not prepared to meet the American company’s price.
The link between Liverpool and Warrior is believed to be a long-term relationship and outstrips the £23.3 million per year that Nike pays Manchester United, the previous British record.
John W. Henry, the Liverpool owner, has insisted since taking over at Anfield in October that the club would only spend money that it generates. With Liverpool unlikely to qualify for the Champions League this season, some had questioned their ability to compete in the transfer market.
However, the agreement with a brand better known in the lacrosse world would appear to have solved the short-term cashflow problems caused by failure to qualify for Europe’s premier club tournament.
Sources inside Anfield have been increasingly bullish about their summer spending power and Kenny Dalglish is likely to have a considerable war chest when the transfer window opens.
Although the Liverpool caretaker manager believes that the crop of youngsters emerging from the academy has the potential to continue making a positive impression on his squad, he maintains that investment is necessary during the close season if the club are to become competitive again.
“It’s important that there is room for development for players, but it’s also important you don’t use it as an excuse not to spend money and not improve what you’ve already got,” Dalglish said.
“Age does not determine their ability to play. So if we’re convinced we have young players who are maybe better than what’s available, then we’ll keep our younger players.
“But that does not say we don’t want to improve as a football club. We do need to leave some path open if we do think there are players who can come in. If they develop then fine, if they don’t, we’ve got a problem. But if you buy a player in and he doesn’t produce, you’ve got a bigger problem.”
According to PR Marketing, a German market research company, Liverpool are the fourth-biggest replica kit seller in football, behind United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. About 900,000 shirts are sold annually and, in the adidas stable, only Real sell more jerseys. Liverpool’s defection has come as a huge blow to the manufacturer.
Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owner, has in recent months become increasingly close to Jim Davis, the chairman of New Balance. This month New Balance, previously best known for its running shoes, announced a multiyear partnership with the Boston Red Sox, who share the same owner as Liverpool. Along with a kit deal, New Balance is thought to have paid in the region of $1 million (about £600,000) for a 70-foot illuminated logo inside Fenway Park, the home of the Red Sox.
United’s groundbreaking 13-year deal with Nike expires in 2015 and the Old Trafford club will expect an even bigger cheque when the time comes to negotiate with kit manufacturers.

Got to laugh at this to be honest its though they are bragging that the got more money for shirt sponsors than United

if true very good for finances,but addidas is my favorite brand :S

don't believe this tbh, considering i've also seen it in the Daily Fail.

Also can't see Adidas not going as high as they need to considering we're the 4th biggest selling shirt in the world.

Fork me, 25 mil a year. That's a huge chunk o'cash. Never heard of Warrior Sports though.

Got to laugh at this to be honest its though they are bragging that the got more money for shirt sponsors than United

What the ****? How are they bragging at all? Who said anything about United and why are you bringing them into it? Liverpool have just secured the biggest kit deal in English history, it has nothing to do with United at all. Stop trolling.

Fork me, 25 mil a year. That's a huge chunk o'cash. Never heard of Warrior Sports though.

What the ****? How are they bragging at all? Who said anything about United and why are you bringing them into it? Liverpool have just secured the biggest kit deal in English history, it has nothing to do with United at all. Stop trolling.
Yeah, it was just the writer of the article that pointed it out.

They mention in the article about having a bigger sponsor then United. But they prob don't know about United's other sponsors that bring in 40million+ as well as the soon to be 19th Premier league title.
But I digress.
This is a good deal for Liverpool if it's true. Means they can still buy players 4x their valve.

They mention in the article about having a bigger sponsor then United. But they prob don't know about United's other sponsors that bring in 40million+ as well as the soon to be 19th Premier league title.
But I digress.
This is a good deal for Liverpool if it's true. Means they can still buy players 4x their valve.

They do have a bigger sponsor than United, kit sponsor anyway, where else does it mention about Liverpools other sponsors? Oh thats right. They don't.

I understand it's hard to get to grips that Liverpool have something better than you, but seriously, grow up. No need to turn this into another Man United v Liverpool thread, it's ******* boring, infact, if anyone tries to, I will infract you. No warning, because, I am a ****.

They do have a bigger sponsor than United, kit sponsor anyway, where else does it mention about Liverpools other sponsors? Oh thats right. They don't.

I understand it's hard to get to grips that Liverpool have something better than you, but seriously, grow up. No need to turn this into another Man United v Liverpool thread, it's ******* boring, infact, if anyone tries to, I will infract you. No warning, because, I am a ****.

And you tell me to grow up jesus.

Man after my own heart, Dunc

Excellent deal for liverpool, particularly important given Dalglish's comments about needing to spend this summer

Read this earlier.. £25M a year is crazy money, but the American links obviously working for them in this case.

Never heard of Warrior Sports, here's their logo though. Imagine it on a Liverpool shirt if you can...

Warrior_logo_web.jpg

Should infract yourself. Trying to start an argument with your little "blah blah we have something better than you you cant take it".

Good business from both sides here. Warrior pay £25m a year for worldwide advertising for a brand that's little known outside of NA, opening a huge potential market for them.

Should infract yourself. Trying to start an argument with your little "blah blah we have something better than you you cant take it".

Pipe down or move on. Pretty simple

Apart from I am not a Liverpool fan?

Liverpool are making more money on their kit deal than you, why does it even matter to United fans how much money they are making?

¬_¬ Some people on this forum make me want to harm self.
Anyway, good deal. Links with American businesses paying off already.

in my first post i dident mean how the fans are bragging i meant that the articles always find a way of bringing united into it

Apart from I am not a Liverpool fan?

Liverpool are making more money on their kit deal than you, why does it even matter to United fans how much money they are making?

It doesnt, unless you are that insecure about it. Long overdue im, this is why they fell so far behind in the first place, lack of marketing and commercial profile