Liverpool: So, Whose Fault Is It?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 13K
Wait a sec. Pool fans are bashing Hodgson for long-ball tactics (justifed, I'll admit), so they want to replace him with... Martin "Hoof-it" O'Neill? Please. Much as I still love MON, you need a specific set of players to play his game, namely speedy, tricky wingers (nope) a big target man (not really) and a solid defence (yes...ish).

Spot on amigo

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

So does this mean that Rafa was playing the wrong style last season or not??? Whats the excuse for last season??

Rafa was becoming mental. Plus no Xabi. Plus Torres missed half the season & was 75% fit for the other half. Plus a new right back with no positional sense & couldn't defend. Plus the loss of form of our main man.

Spot on amigo

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Rafa was becoming mental. Plus no Xabi. Plus Torres missed half the season & was 75% fit for the other half. Plus a new right back with no positional sense & couldn't defend. Plus the loss of form of our main man.

He did sign that right back with "no positional sense & couldn't defend"

Biggest load of **** ive ever heard. He can't score? Hes chipped in with 52 goals for Liverpool from outwide and a lot of them have been extremely important goals. He also scored 83 goals for Feyenoord.... Think that speaks for itself to be honest.

Also he gives 100% every game for Liverpool an also supports Johnson in defense (which he desperately needs) and who cares if he can't tackle lol hes a striker who has been turned into a winger, what do you expect? He still closes people down all the time an put people under pressure which is very effective.

Can't even be bothered listing his qualities because any proper Liverpool fan knows hes just what we need at the moment.

(Also I'll admit that he isnt the most technical player in the world but he is still quality and his mental and physical qualities make up completely for that)

That's your opinion which I respect - I just don't happen to agree with it. Try respecting mine.

The fact Johnson supposedly can't defend doesn't mean anything. It wasn't his first job to defend.

This i think is the biggest issue with the team. Tomorrow Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt, Agger, Johnson and Merieles are all not available to play and we have no one good enough to come in and play at their level. Anyway tomorrow will be a good chance for Wilson who was immence for the reserves last night.

Also can someone help me understand, everyone says that Lucas is a bad player hes not a player who can play at Champions League level but he is regularly selected and started in the Brazil team and dosnt look outclassed at that level so i dont understand :S

Last edited:
Back