Liverpool: So, Whose Fault Is It?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 13K
Well yes, but obviously not Capello. When Rijkaard was at Barca he often let his star players take over, hence the likes of Ronaldinho declined and became overweight. Barca's results eventually suffered even after some quality signings.

Thats why O'Neil fits the bill for me. Although i don't think Hodgson should be sacked.

Thats why O'Neil fits the bill for me. Although i don't think Hodgson should be sacked.

Of course you don't, your a rival fan, you like seeing us suffer. However, like themadsheep and the other posters with a bit of intelligance, you should try to look at things from a Liverpool fans point of view. If we stick with Hodgson, chances are after January we will be in a relegation scrap. Bring in someone like Pellegrini and I am sure he will be able to improve results, play better football, and bring in some good players.

O'Neill, just no.

Wait a sec. Pool fans are bashing Hodgson for long-ball tactics (justifed, I'll admit), so they want to replace him with... Martin "Hoof-it" O'Neill? Please. Much as I still love MON, you need a specific set of players to play his game, namely speedy, tricky wingers (nope) a big target man (not really) and a solid defence (yes...ish).

Of course you don't, your a rival fan, you like seeing us suffer. However, like themadsheep and the other posters with a bit of intelligance, you should try to look at things from a Liverpool fans point of view. If we stick with Hodgson, chances are after January we will be in a relegation scrap. Bring in someone like Pellegrini and I am sure he will be able to improve results, play better football, and bring in some good players.

O'Neill, just no.

Yes i do like seeing Pool stuggle but i am looking at it from a footballing point of view. It took Hodgson a while to impliment his tactics and methods at Fulham and its the same for Pool im sure.

Wait a sec. Pool fans are bashing Hodgson for long-ball tactics (justifed, I'll admit), so they want to replace him with... Martin "Hoof-it" O'Neill? Please. Much as I still love MON, you need a specific set of players to play his game, namely speedy, tricky wingers (nope) a big target man (not really) and a solid defence (yes...ish).

I don't want O'Neill, I am not sure who does, he'd be a poor appointment.

The people suggesting O'Neil are non-Liverpool fans. Mainly CJACKO. ;)
We all know the football he plays, and get the feeling he's a ****.

Rumours from Twitter saying Frank Riijkard has resigned

Rumours from Turkish media on Twitter say he is set to become the new Liverpool manager.

Can i ask this, O Neill left because he was fed up of Lerner not giving him money to spend yes? Would he really want to go to Liverpool with new American owners who havent said they will spend loads on the club?

Btw if O Neills reason for leaving Villa is wrong please correct me because id love to know :)

Yes i do like seeing Pool stuggle but i am looking at it from a footballing point of view. It took Hodgson a while to impliment his tactics and methods at Fulham and its the same for Pool im sure.

No it never. He saved Fulham from relegation in his first few games. His tactics just don't suit Liverpool, end of. It isn't the team that has to adjust to his tactics, his tactics need to adjust to the team.

The people suggesting O'Neil are non-Liverpool fans. Mainly CJACKO.
wink.gif

We all know the football he plays, and get the feeling he's a ****.

Glad to hear it. And yeah, he's a bit of a ****, but he makes up for it in touchline war dances. :P

no its not, as has been explained about 100 times. liverpool dont have the players to pull off his style of football. they dont have the wingers, or the targetman forward. liverpool are a side built for short passing football on the ground. If you are looking at it from a footballing point of view then i question you knowledge of tactics

Bring in someone like Pellegrini and I am sure he will be able to improve results, play better football, and bring in some good players.

He would be a great choice to lead Liverpool, providing his style of play and working methods transeferred to the EPL without any major problems. And if yous don't get him, I hope we do -- when Harry retires, gets sacked or leaves us for England.

So does this mean that Rafa was playing the wrong style last season or not??? Whats the excuse for last season??

Sorry to disillusion you mate, but a lot of us don't. He's a workhorse is all. He's supposed to be a forward, but wasn't doing the biz so RB stuck him out wide when he found out that Pennant couldn't play football.

He can't score, can't pass & can't tackle well enough to excell in any position. His 1st touch is abysmal for an international forward, which is why he's also stuck out on the wing for Holland. He has big heart & makes a nuisance of himself to the opposition, but thats about it.

Biggest load of **** ive ever heard. He can't score? Hes chipped in with 52 goals for Liverpool from outwide and a lot of them have been extremely important goals. He also scored 83 goals for Feyenoord.... Think that speaks for itself to be honest.

Also he gives 100% every game for Liverpool an also supports Johnson in defense (which he desperately needs) and who cares if he can't tackle lol hes a striker who has been turned into a winger, what do you expect? He still closes people down all the time an put people under pressure which is very effective.

Can't even be bothered listing his qualities because any proper Liverpool fan knows hes just what we need at the moment.

(Also I'll admit that he isnt the most technical player in the world but he is still quality and his mental and physical qualities make up completely for that)

He would be a great choice to lead Liverpool, providing his style of play and working methods transeferred to the EPL without any major problems. And if yous don't get him, I hope we do -- when Harry retires, gets sacked or leaves us for England.

Indeed. If he could adjust to England and learn the language pretty quickly, he could be a very good choice.

I have to say Madsheep for a Man Utd fan you speak alot of sense, The main issues i see is that
1. We dont have the who Players can pull off roys tactics
2. Service to Torres and Ngog has been bad unless we play poor Europa teams
3. Players are lacking confidence
4 Roy has decided to not go and attack because he dosnt want to lose but hasnt set the stall out to defend at all costs. leaving us in a state of limbo if you get what i mean.

no its not, as has been explained about 100 times. liverpool dont have the players to pull off his style of football. they dont have the wingers, or the targetman forward. liverpool are a side built for short passing football on the ground. If you are looking at it from a footballing point of view then i question you knowledge of tactics

Agreed. Lofting it long and letting a big man battle for it is still an effective tactic, even for bigger teams (see Spain with Llorente), but you need the right players for the job. If we take the example of MON at Villa, for example, purely because I spent so long watching it and know it inside out, long balls worked reasonably well. We had Carew/Heskey battling for it upfront, using their physical presence to muscle defenders away and their height to win headers. Two wingers, generally Downing and Young, used their pace and crossing ability to whip it in for the big man.

With Liverpool, this wouldn't work. Whilst Torres is quite proficient in the air, he's not going to push defenders of, say, Ivanovic's stature off the ball. However, it's more to do with the wingers on hand. Liverpool's set of Jovanovic (quick, no end product), Kuyt (hard-worker, doesn't have the final ball or the pace), Babel (see Jovanovic, also more a striker) and Rodriguez (seems to have lost his penetrative attacking ability. Not much of a crosser either) are all unsuited to the job at hand, which means that Hodgson's method of play is nigh impossible.

So does this mean that Rafa was playing the wrong style last season or not??? Whats the excuse for last season??

No, despite a poor showing, we played decent football, not this route 1 bollocks. There is no excuse, what's the excuse for being 19th in the Premier League?

Indeed. If he could adjust to England and learn the language pretty quickly, he could be a very good choice.

Certainly my first choice, followed by the current Valencia manager, then Riijkard, but right now I'd prefer pretty much anyone over Hodgson.

No, despite a poor showing, we played decent football, not this route 1 bollocks. There is no excuse, what's the excuse for being 19th in the Premier League?

Surely the way to play football is to win at all cost. This is the main reason Arsenal have been unsuccessful for 6 years.

Back