Liverpool: So, Whose Fault Is It?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 13K
Surely the way to play football is to win at all cost. This is the main reason Arsenal have been unsuccessful for 6 years.

This is my point. We cannot play long balls, it doesn't work. Got it yet?

This is my point. We cannot play long balls, it doesn't work. Got it yet?

Yes i do but like you said you played on the floor last year and you were poor and finished 7th??

Surely the way to play football is to win at all cost. This is the main reason Arsenal have been unsuccessful for 6 years.
im not even sure what your point. becuase they arent winning with roys style either, infact they are doing a **** sight worse.

Certainly my first choice, followed by the current Valencia manager, then Riijkard, but right now I'd prefer pretty much anyone over Hodgson.

Valencia manager, Unai Emery? Top manager, top of the league atm, despite the troubles and letting Villa and Silva go. Whether Valencia would want to let him go though is debatable.

It's also the reason England produce such a little amount of players of much technical ability. This "win at all costs" mentality is driven into them at a young age, and basically results in getting the ball upfield as quickly as possible, rather than developing technical skills through passing drills and ball retention tactics.

Sorry for the OT, but I hate it when people say that. Teams have a duty to play football the right way as well as for the result.

Yes i do but like you said you played on the floor last year and you were poor and finished 7th??

And now they're playing hoof-ball and in 19th place. Your point is?

Valencia manager, Unai Emery? Top manager, top of the league atm, despite the troubles and letting Villa and Silva go. Whether Valencia would want to let him go though is debatable.

This is said in a friendly manner but Real Madrid are top now lol. ;)

Yup. Done very well where ever he's been, still only young. Of course Valenica wouldn't want him to go, and this is probably more in hope than expectation, but if Henry wants to be a winner, it may be worth forking out compensation to Valencia all regarding Emery wants to join.

Can't even be bothered listing his qualities because any proper Liverpool fan knows hes just what we need at the moment.

Tbf, I would say most neutrals who watch Liverpool (after removing their own clubs brand of tinted glasses from their faces) would agree that Kuyt has been an important member of the Liverpool team for quite a few seasons. I've seen him score important goals against Chelsea and United, and how many times has he come up trumps in Europe when the club's needed a hero? I've lost count tbh. He'll never be a fancy player, but he'll be a very important one for a few years yet.

This is said in a friendly manner but Real Madrid are top now lol. ;)

They were top last time I looked, although just checked and yeah Madrid are now top. But still joint second is pretty impressive. Emery's managerial record speaks for itself and he is still only 38.

It's also the reason England produce such a little amount of players of much technical ability. This "win at all costs" mentality is driven into them at a young age, and basically results in getting the ball upfield as quickly as possible, rather than developing technical skills through passing drills and ball retention tactics.

Sorry for the OT, but I hate it when people say that. Teams have a duty to play football the right way as well as for the result.

And now they're playing hoof-ball and in 19th place. Your point is?

Even Arsenal fans would tell you that they would now rather see them scrap a few wins just to win some silverwere.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

They were top last time I looked, although just checked and yeah Madrid are now top. But still joint second is pretty impressive. Emery's managerial record speaks for itself and he is still only 38.

I will agree with that, he is a brilliant manager

Tbf, I would say most neutrals who watch Liverpool (after removing their own clubs brand of tinted glasses from their faces) would agree that Kuyt has been an important member of the Liverpool team for quite a few seasons. I've seen him score important goals against Chelsea and United, and how many times has he come up trumps in Europe when the club's needed a hero? I've lost count tbh. He'll never be a fancy player, but he'll be a very important one for a few years yet.
totally agree. if he was doing this for united, he would be absoulutely lauded as a player, same with Lucas to a lesser extent

Even Arsenal fans would tell you that they would now rather see them scrap a few wins just to win some silverwere.

Dear god, it's like hitting yourself with a brick.

Just less productive.

another annoying thing is, 7th isn't bad, not for a club with our resources, it's about where we should finish, well 6th maybe but still. also 7th > 19th...

7th is only bad because we finished 2nd the season before (we over achieved if anything!)

LOL just what 24-36 hours after NESV gave him support? I hope this isnt a sign of things to come. Say 1 thing then do another. Anyway its good news i guess Rijkaard will be in for Sundays game?

LOL just what 24-36 hours after NESV gave him support? I hope this isnt a sign of things to come. Say 1 thing then do another. Anyway its good news i guess Rijkaard will be in for Sundays game?

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It's not like it's definite, and it's not like Riijkard will be, if this is true, the next manager perhaps.

Bit nasty if it's true. Wonder how Hodgson will respond if that source is correct.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It's not like it's definite, and it's not like Riijkard will be, if this is true, the next manager perhaps.

Sorry i just got excited. Of course it isnt true until SSN breaks it. A football agent on Twitter says

carriebaird carrie baird

Rijkaard voted out, so G'Saray Board discussing comp & now just buying themselves time, bc if Rjk resigns he doesn't get the firing penalty

Last edited:
Back