hufter

Reaction score
Hello this is my first time out on football manager 2010 doing a story a previously done one on 09 with tottenham now i think i should try one this season i will be managing the best football club in the world liverpool fc and i will be trying to win as many trophies as possible hope people follow and could help me out a bit thanks

Benitez Sacked And Broadhurst Handed A Challenge

After 5 years at Liverpool FC Rafael Benitez has finally been shown the door by Liverpool owners Tom Hicks & George Gillette the reason behind his sacking was the row over transfer funds that has been on going ever since the american owners bought the club back in 2007 and never have had a strong friendship with Benitez. Rafa released a statment earlier today saying "I am glad but also sad to leave that famous club behind i have been close to the fans and players of this club since i joined in 2004 the owners where just not giving me enough support to take the club forward so in the end enough was enough and we have mutually terminated my contract good luck to the next manager who comes in i say"

Later that day talks where held with Michael Broadhurst and he has accepted a 2 year contract worth £40,500 a week the owners where slightly concerned at the managerial inexperience of Broadhurst but they wish him the best of luck in his role and claim they will give him as much support as they can. We spoke to Broadhurst earlier this is what he had to say "I am absolutely ecstatic at being appointed as new Liverpool manager it has always been a big dream of mine but i thought there was no chance of it happening i will look to take this high profile club forward and bring as many trophies to the cabinet as i can after 3 seasons without a trophy we owe it to the fans to bring some more silver where to this club i will only be given 2 million to spend in my first transfer window so some players may have to leave in order to me to bring in some players

Last edited:
Pre Season round up and transfers in and out

Pre Season Fixtures And Results

Liverpool 3-0 Liverpool Reserves

Leyton Orient 0-0 Liverpool

Westerlo 1-2 Liverpool

KV Mechelen 0-2 Liverpool

Club Brugge 1-3 Liverpool

Germinal Beerschot 1-2 Liverpool

Middlesbrough 1-3 Liverpool

Transfers Into The Club

Guti - Real Madrid - £2.6 million

Matty Taylor - Bolton - £5.5 million

Transfers Out Of The Club

Fabio Aurelio - Birmingham - £9.5 million

Ryan Babel - Sunderland - £9 million

Lucas - Sunderland - £7.5 million

Comments On Pre Season And Transfers

In all i believe are unbeaten pre season is a really positive note as my reign as manager just begins i really feel i know have an understanding of the players and they have more respect for me now which i have gained over pre season hopefully we take this unbeaten form into the premier league and other competitions and fingers crossed we could be heading into a very productive season for the club although the match against leyton orient finishing 0-0 was a bit of a down note we soon turned that round in the following games.

I am really pleased with the signings of Guti from Real Madrid and Matty Taylor from Bolton. Guti was a great signing for is in my eyes for a pretty cheap price aswell for such a quality player i feel he will bring a very creative aspect to are side and alot of experience to help out the younger lads Guti's Touch and Technique on the ball are second to none and also felt it as a good replacement with Lucas leaving the club to bring in another central midfielder. Matty Taylor was brought in from bolton as cover really down the left hand side with both Ryan Babel and Fabio aurelio leaving the club i thought i needed to bring in some cover for either Emiliano Insua or Albert Riera that was the main factor to my decision to bring him in he has also had alot of experience at Premier League level and can really hit a ball when he gets that left foot swinging. i would of brought more players into the club but because of liverpools debt situation money from transfers was used to pay off the debts of the club so i did not have sufficient funds to do as i desired.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

August Update

Premier League Fixtures & Results

West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool (Maxi Rodriguez 2,Dirk Kuyt 76) M.O.M Maxi Rodriguez
great start to the season hopefully more results like this to come Rodriguez was brilliant this game 1 goal and 1 assist for the Argentine on his debut

Stoke City 0-1 Liverpool ( Jamie Carragher 55) M.O.M Jamie Carragher
2 wins in a row away from home at the start of the season great start for us and with a rare goal scorer in Jamie Carragher makes it alot sweeter only his 3rd goal for the club

Liverpool 4-0 Portsmouth (Dirk Kuyt 13, Guti 54, Fernando Torres 77,78)
M.O.M Fernando Torres 3rd straight win in the league all with clean sheats Guti's 1st goal for the club and fernando's first goals this season proved the better of portsmouth deserved man of the match for torres

Liverpool 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur ( Wilson Palacios 7)
M.O.M Wilson Palacios dissapointing loss at home first defeat as manager for me very scrappy game probably deserved win for Tottenham Though

Champions League Group F
Liverpool
AZ
Rangers
Debrecen

A quite easy group draw for us and we should be looking to qualify as group winners and give ourselves a better chance of an easier knockout tie

Manger of the Month
1st Michael Broadhurst - Liverpool
2nd Alex Ferguson - Manchester United
3rd Roberto Mancini - Manchester city

First time Round i win the manager of the month award :D with my 3 wins and 1 loss very pleased with that hopefully we can take this month as a start to a fantastic season

Last edited:
good transfers in and good results up till tottenham

Good group there.
Got ripped off for Lucas. I'm in my 4th season with 'pool and I sold him for 15mil in the first season.

September Update

Blackburn Rovers 2-2 Liverpool (El Hadji Diouf Pen 39, Steven Reid 79,Dirk Kuyt 32, Sotiris Kyrgiakos 88) M.O.M Sotiris Kyrgiakos we just about managed to salvage a point in the dying embers of this game thanks to the man of the match kyrgiakos popping up off a corner we deserved more than what the score states i felt but 1 point is better than 0

Liverpool 0-4 Chelsea ( Antonio Cassano 45, Didier Drogba 55,90+2, Frank Lampard 77) M.O.M Frank Lampard disgusting performance by us especially at home just completely got played off the park nothing else i can say about that fixture except well played chelsea

Liverpool 2-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers ( Fernando Torres 9, Michael Kightly O.G 54, Christophe Berra 31, Nenad Milijas pen 40)
M.O.M Christophe Berra an average performance and an average result poor month in the league for me 3 games 0 wins very dissapointed with that

Champions League Group F

Liverpool 4-0 AZ (Steven Gerrard 9, Fernando Torres 18,67 Albert Riera 45) M.O.M Fernando Torres Great start to my champions league campaign 4-0 victory over my main rivals in the group great team performance overall

Debrecen 0-4 Liverpool ( Fernando Torres 11,89 Steven Gerrard 53, Glen Johnson 56) M.O.M Fernando Torres Conescutive 4-0 victorys my team is playing with real confidence in the champions league and torres with 4 goals in 2 games speaks for it's self

English League Cup 3rd Round

Bolton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool ( Kevin Davies 13, Dirk Kuyt 37, Fernando Torres 85)M.O.M Ali Al Habsi There keeper being man of the match talks volumes about this game i dominated the match and should of come away with more than 2-1 but glad with progression in the cup and happy with Fernando Torres's goals this month

English League Cup 4th Round Draw

Liverpool vs Stoke City

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Good group there.
Got ripped off for Lucas. I'm in my 4th season with 'pool and I sold him for 15mil in the first season.

wow good that actually i just thought get rid of him haha didnt think could get 15 mil for him

good luck mate nice layout very easy to read
i will be following mate

October Update

Aston Villa 1-1 Liverpool (Curtis Davies 13, Yossi Benayoun 10, Jamie Carragher Sent Off 87)
M.O.M Curtis Davies Very tight game 2 goals in quick succesion then nothing much happened after that except the sending off of jamie carragher with a few minutes to go

Liverpool 2-0 Wigan Athletic (Steven Gerrard 23, Dirk Kuyt 67) M.O.M Steven Gerrard
Finally back to winning ways in the league we where very solid in this game not giving away to much and wigan didnt create many chances and we popped up with the goals at vital points in the game and they could not respond

Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool ( Giuseppe Rossi 34) M.O.M Edwin Van Der Sar
How i never won this game or atleast got a point i will never know if it werent for Van Der Sar it would of been 4/5 -1 to us easily very unlucky in such a huge game against big rivals

Liverpool 3-1 Hull city ( Fernando Torres 61, Steven Gerrard 75, David Ngog 88, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink 2) M.O.M Steven Gerrard
done well here to scrape out a result from being behind all credit to the team for sticking at it and another instrumental performance from the skipper

Champions league Group F

Liverpool 0-0 Rangers M.O.M Steven Whittaker
A very boring goaless draw here very few chances in the game it was a game really that i should of won at home but atleast its not a defeat

English League Cup 4th Round

Liverpool 4-0 Stoke City (Fernando Torres 28,45 Steven Gerrard 34, Dirk Kuyt 46) M.O.M Fernando Torres outstanding performance to finish the game off by half time really was brilliant and to progress yet again in the competition i have really high hopes for the league cup hopefully we will lift it at wembley

English League Cup Qtr Final Draw

Liverpool vs Arsenal

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

good luck mate nice layout very easy to read
i will be following mate

thanks alot mate glad you will follow

Good Luck mate. You should easily get through the group stages of the ECL. I always seem to get really hard teams when I play as Liverpool, its really annoying. Nice layout too :)

November Update

Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool ( Jamie Carragher 79) M.O.M Jamie Carragher i nicked a win here away from home from the most unlikely of scorers Jamie Carragher Thats his 2nd goal this season which has double his tally for all time

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal ( Dirk Kuyt 26, Fernando Torres 45+2,75, Robin Van Persie 69) M.O.M Fernando Torres in what could be said as a warm up game for the League Cup Qtr final tie a brace from star striker Fernando Torres was enough to put arsenal to bed hopefully repeat performance when we meet next month

Burnley 1-2 Liverpool (Steven Thompson 72, Steven Gerrard 51,85) M.O.M Steven Gerrard
A late winner from Steven Gerrard after his earlier goal was cancelled out by Steven Thompson gave us the 3 points at burnley a well need win at the end of a great month in the premier league securing 9 points out of 9

Champions League Group F

Rangers 0-2 Liverpool (Dirk Kuyt 13, Steven Gerrard 22, Javier Mascherano Sent Off 90+1) M.O.M Allan McGregor very good away win here and could of been alot more than 2 the only down side to this match was the sending off of Javier Mascherano in stoppage time at the end of the game

AZ 1-1 Liverpool ( Rasmus Elm 1, Dirk Kuyt 59, Jamie Carragher Sent Off 79) M.O.M Rasmus Elm A good draw away from home in a game we arguably could of lost another red card in a champions league game ment we where down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes and had to hold on for the draw which secured are place in the knockout rounds with 1 game remaining

Very happy at this month 3 wins out of 3 in the premier league has got my league campaign on track again and my 2 results in the champions league have secured me a place in the knockout rounds of the tournament

If you play, 2 upfront, Torres on the left as a 'Complete Forward' and N'Gog on the right as a 'Poacher' they both knock in the goals.

December Update

Liverpool 2-0 Fulham (Maxi Rodriguez 6, Dirk Kuyt 38) M.O.M Pepe Reina another win in the league and another goal for Dirk Kuyt who is on fire at the minute in his partnership uprfront with Fernando Torres maybe fulham should have got something from the game but a man of the match performance from Pepe Reina seen that they never

Liverpool 3-0 Birmingham city (Fernando Torres 17, Dirk Kuyt 49,61) M.O.M Dirk Kuyt another dominated fixture at anfield Dirk Kuyt Cant stop scoring its brilliant he is even outscoring torres and is up there for the golden boot

Everton 0-2 Liverpool (Dirk Kuyt 15, Steven Gerrard 61) M.O.M Dirk Kuyt 4 goals in 3 games for dirk kuyt and 2 consecutive man of the match performances as we have strung together 6 premier league wins in a row and this was a really massive result against our big rivals

Bolton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool ( Gary Cahill 12, Steven Gerrard Pen 25,56) M.O.M Steven Gerrard coming from behind to knotch up my 7th consecutive league win shows real fight within the ranks although with a bit of help from the referee with the penalty decision

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester city (Dirk Kuyt 12) M.O.M Joleon Lescott 24 points out of last 24 absolutly fantastic mr reliable Dirk Kuyt with the only goal of the game to carry on such a marvellous run

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City (Fernando Torres 74) M.O.M Martin Skrtel although we have had to really battle out these victories yet another goal from fernando torres and another 1-0 win takes us to 9 victories in this run

Portsmouth 0-2 Liverpool ( Dirk Kuyt 8, Maxi Rodriguez 16) M.O.M Maxi Rodriguez 1 goal and 1 assist in the man of the match performance another clean sheet are 3rd one consecutively takes us to the top of the table heading into january and means 10 victories in a row

League Standings Top 4 January 1st 2010

1st Liverpool 48 Pts
2nd Manchester United 45 Pts
3rd Arsenal 44 Pts
4th Chelsea 41 Pts

Manager Of The Month

1st Michael Broadhurst
2nd Alex Ferguson
3rd Arsene Wenger

Champions League Group F

Liverpool 4-0 Debrecen (Dirk Kuyt 9,15, Fernando Torres 42, Steven Gerrard 70) M.O.M Dirk Kuyt in this game i jus went out attacking to give the fans a show because i was already guaranteed top spot in my group and the players duely delivered thrasing the away side 4-0

Champions league 1st Knockout Round Draw

Bayern Munich vs Liverpool

Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

English League Cup Qtr Final

Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal (Steven Gerrard 33) M.O.M Glen Johnson when it was needed captain fantastic stepped up to the mark and sealed are passage threw to the semi finals of the cup so close to the final now but with everton and chelsea still in the competition in wont be easy

English League Cup Semi Final Draw

Everton vs Liverpool

Liverpool vs Everton

January Update

Liverpool 0-1 West Ham United (Alessandro Diamanti 90) M.O.M Matthew Upson
Finally my run of wins has come to an end rather unluckily i would say after them knicking a goal in the last minute against the run of play

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool (Jermain Defoe 72, Javier Mascherano 70) M.O.M Javier Mascherano A good point away from home at a top side who are fighting for 4th place this season when Mascherano opened the scoring late on i thought we would hold out for a victory but a quick reply from Defoe seen the game end in a point each

Liverpool 3-1 Blackburn Rovers (Maxi Rodriguez 11 Fernando Torres 32,75, Jason Roberts 51) M.O.M Fernando Torres A comfortable win that got us back on the winning trail with the superb Torres netting 2 goals either side of a Blackburn consulation

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool (Fernando Torres 34) M.O.M George Elokobi
Poor Poor game but Torres got another to make it 3 goals in 2 games to see me lead the table at the end of January

League Standings Top 4

1st Liverpool 55 Pts
2nd Manchester United 54 Pts
3rd Arsenal 51 Pts
4th Chelsea 49 Pts

The English FA Cup 3rd Round

Liverpool 0-1 Manchester United (Giuseppe Rossi 22) M.O.M Edwin Van Der Sar
Another game against Manchester United another man of the match reward for there goalkeeper i dont know what to do to beat these because my players throw everything at them just can't find the net which ment an early exit in the FA Cup

English League Cup Semi Final

1st Leg Goodison Park

Everton 1-1 Liverpool (Joseph Yobo 5 Dirk Kuyt 41) M.O.M Joseph Yobo
after Everton scoring early but Dirk Kuyt pulling a goal back for us before half time i was happy to still be level going into the second leg at anfield and felt we had a really good chance of reaching the final

2nd Leg Anfield

Liverpool 3-2 Everton (Dirk Kuyt 7,38, Fernando Torres 29, James Vaughan 64, Jack Rodwell 70) M.O.M Dirk Kuyt after being 3-0 up at half time i thought it was going to be an easy passage into the final but everton come back strongly in the second half and i thought they where going to take the game to atleast extra time but we managed to hold on and reach the final

English League Cup Final Wembley

Liverpool vs Chelsea

Transfers Players In To The Club

Joan Capdevilla - Villarreal - £6.75 Million

Gabriel Milito - Barcelona - Loan

Martin Petrov - Manchester City - £2.5 Million

Transfers Players Out Of The Club

David Ngog - Bordeaux - £3.3 Million

Zsolt Poloskei - MTK - Terminated Loan

Lauri Dalla Valle - Birmingham - £1.4 Million

Martin Skrtel - West Ham United - £5 Million

Matty Taylor - Fulham - £4 Million

who else went through in your champions league group by the way good signing petrov for £2.5 (bargain)

az went through mate haha sorry i should of done final standings for my group and i know good deal i thought haha especially for the transfer budget i get haha fingers crossed thought if i win a couple of trophies might get better transfer budget next season and bring better quality players in

i dont know mate i think man utd will personally but we will see haha :) follow mate i might finish season tonight i think who knows