• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 399
  • Views Views 22K

Who Will Win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Wilson plays a big part of Liverpool"s season as not playing will damage his Scotland career and he is a huge potential for us
He has great potential, he's looked great for us already, ear-marked for the long term successor for Carra :D

Depends how much improved Liverpool are, I predicted a 2-1 victory for the Gunners in me + my friends league but I havent predicted past that as I dont wanna underestimate Lpool. Going back on my previous predictions

Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool

Chamakh
Gerrard
Arshavin

He has great potential, he's looked great for us already, ear-marked for the long term successor for Carra :D

In all honestly he could be even better than Cara i think thats why Liverpool signed him tbh as Cara's long term replacement

Just watched that youtube vid, Arshavin... what a player. I cannot wait for this match for some reason...

Excitement is creeping in now, can't wait to get to a league match again! Gonna go to bed now, got to be up early, going for a drink etc before the match :D

In all honestly he could be even better than Cara i think thats why Liverpool signed him tbh as Cara's long term replacement

Wilson may be Agger's long term replacement - and even a shorter term one unless Agger stops picking up injuries.

Kelly is probably closer to full first team football at the moment and will (hopefully) be in prime position to replace Carra if Ayala's lack of pace becomes an issue. There's three excellent young centrebacks at the club at the moment.

I'd rate Kelly slightly higher than Wilson at the moment - the future if both of them fulfill their potential - could be a wonderful thing. And we've also got Wisdom and Coady coming up from the youth too.

do you think RVP and Fabregas will play or even be on the bench?

Wenger says they're short on match fitness, they won't start, i think they'll be on the bench, RVP certainly will be because other than him and Vela, we have no fit strikers to replace Chamakh.

0-o Fabregas might not start? Thank god for that :D He owns us normally when he plays, almost as much as Walcott and Arshavin

all go nuts and say liverpool 3 arsenal 5
Liverpool scorers-Gerrard, Joe Cole, Kuyt
Arsenal scorers-Arshavin x3, Chamak, Fabregas (if playing) or Walcot

Calum you say Song is inujred, yet you contradict that by putting him in your squad.

Personally I can't see Arsenal getting a win, with practically no mid fielders and trusting Chamakh up front on his own on his début without the support of Fabregas or Arshavin is probably going to fail. I'm going with 2-0 Liverpool. I would say 1-0 but we are at home so I expect a performance.

Calum you say Song is inujred, yet you contradict that by putting him in your squad.

Plenty of times I've seen injured players make the squad, usually carrying a knock. Schwarzer yesterday, Torres and Gerrard for most of last season, its hardly uncommon.

I'm really nervous for some reason, I don't like this opening fixture, first home game start in like ten years, and it's against Arsenal, garr :/

Personally I can't see Arsenal getting a win, with practically no mid fielders and trusting Chamakh up front on his own on his début without the support of Fabregas or Arshavin is probably going to fail. I'm going with 2-0 Liverpool. I would say 1-0 but we are at home so I expect a performance.

a) Since we don't have many midfielders, Song may well be included in the squad, depending on late fitness tests on him, diaby, and denilson..
b) We've been 'trusting' Chamakh up front on his own all pre-season.. he's done pretty well, scored 3 goals, including one against A.C. Milan in the Emirates Cup, also, he has support from Nasri, Arshavin and Walcott... so i very much hope it doesn't 'fail'...
c) Torres isn't going to be match fit after playing and getting injured in the WC final, and Mascherano isn't happy atm (not that he's going to boycott the game, just that his proposed transfer to Milan might hinder his performance, just as Joleon Lescott's did last season..) I have this one down as a draw, or an Arsenal win, especially with Arshavin's record at Anfield ;) It won't be 2-0 or 0-2, it will be close.

Liverpool team is rumoured to be:

Reina

Johnson. Skrtel. Carra. Agger

Kuyt. Gerrard. Masch. Jovanovic

Cole
Ngog

edit: reason for repost is that Skrtel is still said to be in it.

Last edited:
a) Since we don't have many midfielders, Song may well be included in the squad, depending on late fitness tests on him, diaby, and denilson..
b) We've been 'trusting' Chamakh up front on his own all pre-season.. he's done pretty well, scored 3 goals, including one against A.C. Milan in the Emirates Cup, also, he has support from Nasri, Arshavin and Walcott... so i very much hope it doesn't 'fail'...
c) Torres isn't going to be match fit after playing and getting injured in the WC final, and Mascherano isn't happy atm (not that he's going to boycott the game, just that his proposed transfer to Milan might hinder his performance, just as Joleon Lescott's did last season..) I have this one down as a draw, or an Arsenal win, especially with Arshavin's record at Anfield ;) It won't be 2-0 or 0-2, it will be close.
Torres is in the squad, apparently, and Mascherano loves Liverpool, he just dosen't love England, so I doubt he'll he any less concentrated in his performance if he plays. Also, no one's bidded for him still, so says Hodgson. He's the type of player that will always try his darndest no matter what

Ugh, Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres. 3 players you never want playing against you. Hopefully Torres plays as he did for Spain in the World Cup - assuming he plays.

Ugh, Gerrard, Mascherano and Torres. 3 players you never want playing against you. Hopefully Torres plays as he did for Spain in the World Cup - assuming he plays.
Doubt he'll start (Torres)

Gerrard seems so much better than last season already, he seems to be playing in CM as a complete midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back