• Replies Replies 399
  • Views Views 22K

Who Will Win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you hear this?Decent team apart from Skrtlie

Lad on RAWK who's not been wrong (bar late fitness tests being failed). Hodgson names his team well in advance so it's been kicking about for a couple of days now but was reconfirmed earlier as there was doubt over Skrtel. (Rafa used to name just an hour before so leaks from dressing room came a lot later :D)

Surely if Torres can be fit for this match RVP and Cesc should also be fit lol. Unless they got injured again after the world cup..

Some Match Facts For You :)

Head-to-head
• This is the 173rd time Liverpool and Arsenal have met. Liverpool lead by 68 wins to 60, with 44 draws.
• Liverpool have won only three of their last 18 Premier League games against Arsenal.
• Liverpool v Arsenal has produced five hat-tricks in Premier League history, more than any other fixture.

Liverpool
• If Liverpool win, it will be their 2000th victory in league football.
• Liverpool have won just two of their last seven opening-day fixtures. Last season they began with a 2-1 loss at Tottenham.
• If Liverpool win on Sunday, Roy Hodgson will become the first Reds manager since 1892 to win his first three games in charge. Liverpool have already beaten Rabotnicki home and away in a Europa League qualifier.

Arsenal
• Arsenal have won eight of their last nine opening fixtures in the Premier League.
• Arsenal scored more goals from outside the box (19) than any other team in the Premier League last season, nearly twice as many as any other side.
• Arsenal won more offside decisions than any other club in the Premier League last season (138).

Personally, i think it's Wengers fault that Fabregas and RVP need these fitness tests; they only came back for pre-season training like a week ago didn't they? :S

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger; Mascherano, Gerrard; Kuyt, Cole, Jovanovic; Ngog

Arsenal: Almunia; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Clichy; Eboue, Nasri, Diaby, Wilshere, Arshavin; Chamakh

1521: LIVERPOOL v ARSENAL:
Breaking team news:
Manuel Almunia and Jack Wilshere do indeed start for Arsenal, as do Marouane Chamakh and Liverpool nemesis Andrey Arshavin. No place in the starting XI, then, for Robin van Persie or Cesc Fabregas.

Fabregas' hasn't even travelled.... that makes me feel better :D
however; arshavin starts for arsenal and n'gog is upfront for us! :'(

looking foward to watching this game involving two pretend teams ;)

i joke lol should be a good watch! hoping for a 3-3 so we as fans get to see some goals and as a United fan, two rivals for the title drop points after City and Spurs already doing so.

Easy,
Arsenal 2 - 0 Liverpool
Debut goal for Chamakh

Easy,
Arsenal 2 - 0 Liverpool
Debut goal for Chamakh

explain why it will be easy?

Arsenal arent the "great" side they once was, Liverpool have a new manager and new players who will be eager to impress.

Hopefully Arshavin will bag another four goals, that game remains one of the greatest Ive ever watched.

Liverpool Starting 11

Reina

Johnson
Carragher
Skrtel
Agger

Mascherano
Gerrard
Kuyt
Jovanovic

J Cole

Ngog

Arsenal Starting 11

Almunia

Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy

Eboue
Nasri
Diaby

Wilshere
Chamakh
Arshavin

So happy.. found a channel on the TV in Egypt that I can watch the game on!!

Although, I'm going to have to grin and bare the Arabic commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back