Liverpool v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
Have to remember as well no offence to Liverpool , But when lamps has been at Chelsea he's had better players around him than Gerrard , Gerrard sometimes carries Liverpool , and most of lampards goals are deflections although hes a good player id rather have gerrard anyday. Back on topic the leagues over its chelseas there is no way wigan is gonna hold chelsea at stamford , i can see chelsea winning by 4 or 5 goals , always next year eh.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Best midfielder in england ,. is Ryan Giggs by a mile.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sorry to laugh, but your post really did make me laugh. Like Gerrard is a top player, but in honestly, the best english midfielder in england?? Dont over-rate Stevie-G, as a Chelsea fan I naturally think Lampard is better (21 goals, 12+ assists in league alone)

What of Milner?
Ashley Young?
Garreth Barry?

All better than Stevie G unfortunately, maybe not Young but he is young so I put him there

I'm sure if you ask anyone in the world if they' rather have Gerrard than Milner, Young, or Barry then they would pick Stevie. Lampard scores deflections or tap ins and isn't even club captain.

I'm sure if you ask anyone in the world if they' rather have Gerrard than Milner, Young, or Barry then they would pick Stevie. Lampard scores deflections or tap ins and isn't even club captain.
thats such a fallacy, they worked out something like 17 percent of his goals are deflected. and dont tell me the other 83 percent are tap ins. and club captain has got nothing to do with anything. rooney isnt club captain yet he is englands best player. capello doenst trust gerrard to keep possesion why do you think he plays out on the left? given gerrard poor season there a lot of people say he should be in the squad but shouldnt start.

fact: lampard milner barry are all in form, gerrard isnt.

thats such a fallacy, they worked out something like 17 percent of his goals are deflected. and dont tell me the other 83 percent are tap ins. and club captain has got nothing to do with anything. rooney isnt club captain yet he is englands best player. capello doenst trust gerrard to keep possesion why do you think he plays out on the left? given gerrard poor season there a lot of people say he should be in the squad but shouldnt start.

fact: lampard milner barry are all in form, gerrard isnt.

Form = Temporary

Class = PERMANENT

Form = Temporary

Class = PERMANENT
thats why he'd be in the squad but not the side. trotting out a cliche doesnt give you a watertight case for including him. lampard milner barry, class players and on form ( see what i did there?) lennon class player coming back to form

Gerrard will be in the squad.Unless he's injured,then he still may be. No need to argue about it.He will.
Also, is Barry on form? 0_o Also, Gerrard dosen't play LW so the Milner bit is redundant.

Gerrard will be in the squad.Unless he's injured,then he still may be. No need to argue about it.He will.
Also, is Barry on form? 0_o Also, Gerrard dosen't play LW so the Milner bit is redundant.
the 23 or the 11?

Have to remember as well no offence to Liverpool , But when lamps has been at Chelsea he's had better players around him than Gerrard , Gerrard sometimes carries Liverpool , and most of lampards goals are deflections although hes a good player id rather have gerrard anyday. Back on topic the leagues over its chelseas there is no way wigan is gonna hold chelsea at stamford , i can see chelsea winning by 4 or 5 goals , always next year eh.

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Lampard has scored 201 league goals in his career. Are you seriously saying that 101 of those were deflections?
And also, Giggs isn't even the best at United, let alone the league.
Gerrard, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Fletcher, Fabregas, Zhirkov, Joe Cole, Mascherano, Arshavin, Diaby, Nasri, Fellaini, Milner, Lennon, Palacios, Modric....

gerrard lined up on the left in our last game, he just ended up drifting into the space rooney occupied, milner came on and did more damage in 17 minutes than gerrard had managed in the previous 73

Last edited:
Lampard has scored 201 league goals in his career. Are you seriously saying that 101 of those were deflections?
And also, Giggs isn't even the best at United, let alone the league.
Gerrard, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Fletcher, Fabregas, Zhirkov, Joe Cole, Mascherano, Arshavin, Diaby, Nasri, Fellaini, Milner, Lennon, Palacios, Modric....

gerrard- As Class is permanent, Giggs oozed class for 20 years, going by form there is only one winner.
Essien- i dont know who he is. How many seasons he has remained Injury free out of total seasons at Chelsea.? Yes when not injured he is one of the best but thats a big If.
Malouda- Are you serious. Yes he is in form that clouds the 2 and half **** years he had?
Zhirkov- Playing too much FM is not that good when analysing players.
Joe Cole- Not better than Giggs simples.
Mascherano- DM i dont know why he is in the list.
Arshavin- Half good season nothing more.
Diaby, Nasri- Not worth a comment.
Lennon- Had a brilliant start to the season but then injured. So only half season he is brilliant.

This is delusion mate. If you think all of them are better than Giggs you should watch more United games.

to be honest robsonutting and sunilvk7, its hard to compare a lot of those players since the dont all play the same position.

p.s sunilvk7, if you dont know who essien is you need to watch a LOT more football. he is arguably the best player of his role in the world, only players to match him is are de rossi, and cambiasso

I feel super bad for starting this, and wrecking the original topic, Im sorry lads

So, I was impressed with that Ayala kid in the game yesterday, I flew over for the game and It was enjoyable. Anelka yet again under performed strengthening my belief he should be aced.

to be honest robsonutting and sunilvk7, its hard to compare a lot of those players since the dont all play the same position.

p.s sunilvk7, if you dont know who essien is you need to watch a LOT more football. he is arguably the best player of his role in the world, only players to match him is are de rossi, and cambiasso

Lol you think i dont know who Essien is. I have said when fit he is one of the best in the world. That makes sense i guess(A)

I can't believe some people are saying Gareth Barry and James Milner are better than Gerrard just becuase he's had an off season.
Barry is easily one of the most over-rated players in the prem and why on earth Benitez wanted to get rid of Alonso to buy Barry i'll never know, and as for Milner, yes he's brilliant, thats why a lot of people see him as a long-term replacement for Gerrard, for England and for Liverpool maybe (i can dream can't i? ;))

But just because Gerrards been poor this season, doesn't mean every tom, **** and harry is better than him.
Also imo, Lampard and Gerrard are different players, Gerrards more box to box and Lampard is more of an attacking mid. But thats just my opinion, i'm sure people will disagree but thats what footballs about isn't it? Debate!

This thread is Liverpool vs Chelsea, not best English midfielder. (Because we all know it's Gerrard)

Stay on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is Liverpool vs Chelsea, not best English midfielder. (Because we all know it's Gerrard)

Stay on topic.

I loved your comment. :P

Chelsea have won the league now. Unlucky United, you won't take over the record for another 12 months :P

how many seasons does lampard have to out score and out assist gerrard to prove his greatness???

Cjacko-- Just leave it please, why do you even care that a bunch of people you have never meet and never will, actually think about lampard?

how many seasons does lampard have to out score and out assist gerrard to prove his greatness???

I've just put the topic back on-topic, please don't put it off. But in response, I guess he's won more European Cups then Lampost. He also came through the Liverpool Youth Academy to become captain of his club.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

LOL!!!

He's too old, he only plays every other match, and he's just.. too old?

gerrard- As Class is permanent, Giggs oozed class for 20 years, going by form there is only one winner.
Essien- i dont know who he is. How many seasons he has remained Injury free out of total seasons at Chelsea.? Yes when not injured he is one of the best but thats a big If.
Malouda- Are you serious. Yes he is in form that clouds the 2 and half **** years he had?
Zhirkov- Playing too much FM is not that good when analysing players.
Joe Cole- Not better than Giggs simples.
Mascherano- DM i dont know why he is in the list.
Arshavin- Half good season nothing more.
Diaby, Nasri- Not worth a comment.
Lennon- Had a brilliant start to the season but then injured. So only half season he is brilliant.

This is delusion mate. If you think all of them are better than Giggs you should watch more United games.

On the Mascherano thing - he said best midfielder. DM - defensive MIDFIELDER.
And what Giggs has done over 20 years is great, I have to say, but saying he's better than all of those now? No ******* chance.

Back