Liverpool v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
Do you think any owners of a so-called blue ribbon club in La Liga / Serie A / Bundesliga or the Premiership would tolerate finishing 7th & no silverware in... how long is it now ?
Like him or loathe him, RB IS going this close-season - one way or another

I had my doubts about Ancellotti, whether he could challenge in theEPL. He has proven me wrong, he has adapted greatly. No longer does he only go for one goal, perfer this Chelsea's style.

No, it's been a poor, poor league this year. Chelsea are not an amazing side. They are merely the best of a very average bunch this year. Man Utd squad is no way good enough. Chelsea have the best squad but as we all know they are very old. I don't even need to bother with Liverpool or Arsenal. It correlates with the performance in the Champions League.

Chelsea have been the best team this year and they do have the best squad in England but they have been a far cry from a "great" team in my opinion.

i was having a conversation with someone earlier,
and the way we saw it was.
the 'pretenders' or whatever you wanna call em, (city, spurs etc.) strengthened whereas the big four did nothing, so in effect have gone backwards.

Me too - at Parma & AC Milan they thought he was too cautious. Maybe coming to these shores has gotten rid of his Catanacccio mind-set. He has got a good squad to work with though.

I'm loving your avatar by the way, Irish Scouse - truly hypnotic & hilarious in equal measure. Respect

When gerrard played the back pass for united but it just proves again how overrated Gerrard is

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Good result for Chelsea, gone to Anfield and Old Trafford and won this season, pretty impressive if you ask me.

the way Liverpool have played this year that isn't exactly hard and man u haven't done much better either

the thing is Liverpool do have a good squad, that is maybe lacking in a couple of positions (Left back and Forward mainly). they still had it in them to finish higher. Man United have a very average squad on paper that just seems to work together somehow. the manager is the only one who can be blamed.

No mate. Man United's squad is better than Liverpools. No doubt about that however I do believe that they both need strengthening. The positions you said for Liverpool are correct but I think United are crying out for a playmaker. The middle of the park for them is extremely ordinary. They also need to get rid of Carrick, mainly a laugh when he plays.

No mate. Man United's squad is better than Liverpools. No doubt about that however I do believe that they both need strengthening. The positions you said for Liverpool are correct but I think United are crying out for a playmaker. The middle of the park for them is extremely ordinary. They also need to get rid of Carrick, mainly a laugh when he plays.

i can't see it, Liverpool have a better midfield, and better keeper. Man United's defense (when fully fit) is better. and they're equal in attack. if Torres hadn't been injured so long (or an adequate replacement) there wouldn't be much between them.

When gerrard played the back pass for united but it just proves again how overrated Gerrard is

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

the way Liverpool have played this year that isn't exactly hard and man u haven't done much better either

One mistake and you can't call someone over-rated, also you're a United fan so obviously you'll say he's overrated. gerrard has had a poor season, but how can you say he's overrated? Have you watched football in the last 10 years?

Lol, this is first time he has made such a mistake in a long time. Smacks of a upset united fan to me...

Who wants to bet there'll be some conspiracy on a newspaper saying gerrard done it on purpose?

the thing is Liverpool do have a good squad, that is maybe lacking in a couple of positions (Left back and Forward mainly). they still had it in them to finish higher. Man United have a very average squad on paper that just seems to work together somehow. the manager is the only one who can be blamed.

Maybe the reason our squad peforms much better than you would expect it to is because you severely underrate it ?:P

Anyway this thread is not about united , was nice to see liverpool actually trying to win just too bad gerrard had to be such an epic fail.¬_¬

i can't see it, Liverpool have a better midfield, and better keeper. Man United's defense (when fully fit) is better. and they're equal in attack. if Torres hadn't been injured so long (or an adequate replacement) there wouldn't be much between them.

Look - LFC have but 4 class players now:

Reina: An international-class keeper
Mascherano: Potentially world-class, if a bit mouthy, holding midfielder,
Stevie G: 'Nuff said
El Nino: Who wouldn't want him in their side ?Alas, injury-prone

The rest of a painfully inadequate squad are at best average & at worst misfits.

PS; Carra is getting past it now sadly & our current England right back has all the defensive qualities of a true winger ie: not a lot

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Gerrrard is a good player

Utd are 2nd in the ****** league, your acting like we are struggling for 4th or something.

Who wants to bet there'll be some conspiracy on a newspaper saying gerrard done it on purpose?

I ****** hope not.

Did anyone see Fergie interview before the game, they were trying to get him to say gerrard did it on puropse, but he wasnt playing that game with them.

Oh my god, are you actually serious? Because someone makes a mistake all of a sudden he's terrible at the game and nowhere near the best midfielder in england? Are you actually serious?

Its like saying;
Ronaldo is so overrated cos this one time he fell over doing a trick!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzDgwt3YiC0&feature=related"]YouTube- CHRISTIANO RONALDO FALL =][/ame]

I'm sorry, but what you said is quite stupid.

did anyone notice liverpools sponsor today ??? i wanna know why for some reason it was writen in chinese or summin

Oh my god, are you actually serious? Because someone makes a mistake all of a sudden he's terrible at the game and nowhere near the best midfielder in england? Are you actually serious?

Its like saying;
Ronaldo is so overrated cos this one time he fell over doing a trick!
YouTube- CHRISTIANO RONALDO FALL =]

I'm sorry, but what you said is quite stupid.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sorry to laugh, but your post really did make me laugh. Like Gerrard is a top player, but in honestly, the best english midfielder in england?? Dont over-rate Stevie-G, as a Chelsea fan I naturally think Lampard is better (21 goals, 12+ assists in league alone)

What of Milner?
Ashley Young?
Garreth Barry?

All better than Stevie G unfortunately, maybe not Young but he is young so I put him there

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Sorry to laugh, but your post really did make me laugh. Like Gerrard is a top player, but in honestly, the best english midfielder in england?? Dont over-rate Stevie-G, as a Chelsea fan I naturally think Lampard is better (21 goals, 12+ assists in league alone)

What of Milner?
Ashley Young?
Garreth Barry?

All better than Stevie G unfortunately, maybe not Young but he is young so I put him there

Are you serious?

young is a winger so why even compare them?

Barry has never been at Gerrard's standard in my opinion

but milner in a few years could be but he's only had one good season,
he has to progress next season to be so :)

and i wont even argue with Lampard thing as you have your blue tinted glasses on :S

Anyways this is a bit off topic

Chelsea fully deserved the win and i hope they get the title :D

Back