ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
View attachment 229824 v View attachment 229825

Liverpool v Everton

Anfield

KO: 20:00

Referee: Phil Dowd

Everton travel to Anfield Liverpool FC for the 217th meeting between the clubs, and like all previous derbies, promises to be a great one with hopefully, a tremondous atmosphere created by both sets of fans. Even though Liverpool have won the Carling Cup, they are on a current run of poor form, suffering their 3rd straight loss in the Premier League, at the hands of Sunderland at the weekend, and find themselves looking over their shoulders with both Sunderland and Everton only 2 points behind. However, they are very much within a shout for the FA Cup, currently to play Stoke in the quarter finals. A win would still keep them just about within touching distance of Arsenal, and keep their Champions League dream alive.

On the other hand, Everton are on a fine run of form, having defeated Tottenham 1-0, despite being outplayed in the second half. They have also claimed the scalps of Manchester City and Chelsea along the way. And right now, they are 4 points better off compared to this time last season. And they are currently enjoying an unbeated run of 7 games now, and also in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, with a match against Sunderland to play.

A win for Everton would see them leapfrog Liverpool in the table, and Moyes will be very keen to win the match to secure the local bragging rights on the day he celebrates being in charge of Everton for 10 years. Liverpool will be desperate to win the match, as it could be a springboard for the rest of the season. But as we have always seen, in a Derby match, the form book can go flying out the window.

Team news

Gerrard could return to the starting line-up, after Liverpools talisman return to first team action against Sunderland following his recovery from the hamstring injury. Glen Johnson will be assessed prior to kick-off, and Daniel Agger is still out following his rib injury. Andy Carroll and Steward Downing could also feature.

Steven Piennar could return to the starting eleven, following his ineligibility to play against Tottenham on Saturday. Jack Rodwell and Phil Jagielka could also return, after they recovered from their injuries-however Darren Gibson still hasn't recovered from his knee injury.

Possible staring elevens

Liverpool:
Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Kuyt, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez

Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic

I have a feeling this is going to end up being a 1-1. It's going to be edgy, and I can see a few hefty challenges flying in too. Hopefully it will be a well officiated game because lets face it-it's going to be a cauldron in there. And hopefully the fans will behave themselves too.

When was the last time Everton won against Liverpool in the league? (Sorry if it is mentioned in OP).

When was the last time Everton won against Liverpool in the league? (Sorry if it is mentioned in OP).

When was the last time Everton won at Anfield? Must have been back in the 80's? :P

But Moyes hasn't won at Anfield yet, and just found out it's been 13 years since we've won at Anfield :S

I seriously hope for at least a draw! I'll be damned if we let Everton go above us in the league! -.-

I seriously hope for at least a draw! I'll be damned if we let Everton go above us in the league! -.-

Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kuyt/Bellamy buggers up our night lol

So ****** far back I cannot remember lol

With our current form this is probably your best chance in a while! I will actually drive to Kenny's house and punch him in the face if we let you go above us in the league. (;

Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kuyt/Bellamy buggers up our night lol

Or Carroll... He scored against you the last time aswell. That must've hurt lol.

With our current form this is probably your best chance in a while! I will actually drive to Kenny's house and punch him in the face if we let you go above us in the league. (;

Lol. Well it's okay to be generous and let us go above you guys once in a while :).

To be honest it's going to be a night where the form book could just get slung out the window. I can see it being tight at first, then at some point it's just going to explode into a **** of an ending

When was the last time Everton won at Anfield? Must have been back in the 80's? :P

No, just a league game. Home or away. I think Ajt got it right, maybe. Last I remember is 3-0 win for Everton some 5 years back.

Edit: Checked the fixtures list, Everton won 2-0 in 2010-11 season.

Last time they won at Anfield was at 1999. Gerrard was sent off.

Last edited:
Going to predict a 1-1 draw. Dirk Kuyt to give Liverpool the lead only for Jelavic to earn Everton a point :)

No, just a league game. Home or away. I think Ajt got it right, maybe. Last I remember is 3-0 win for Everton some 5 years back.

Edit: Checked the fixtures list, Everton won 2-0 in 2010-11 season.

Last time they won at Anfield was at 1999. Gerrard was sent off.

Okay, bit off there. Call myself a fan lol. Favourite one for me though was Goslings goal in the cup a while back. Went completely mental then lol

Okay, bit off there. Call myself a fan lol. Favourite one for me though was Goslings goal in the cup a while back. Went completely mental then lol

Yeah I remember that goal too. Then Gosling was hyped way too much. Should have stayed at Everton.

Maybe we will see at least 1 red after all Merseyside derby is a red card galore lol.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton - Although, we'll be pretty lucky if we even score one.

Back