Liverpool v Everton match thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 156
  • Views Views 10K
Would be awesome if that happened. I really do miss those days of the Derby Cup Finals. Though I suspect the scoreline would be a bit different ;)

Yeah, would be 2-1, like your last cup final. ;)

I never once asked for 2 up top. I know we haven't got the quality to play that. To start 3 players who are just back from injury was a disgrace.. in the process of dropping our best defender of recent months. Cahill, has scored most goals against Liverpool than any other Evertonian post-war, didn't get a minute. A player with fight like Cahill was required, not a sissy in the form of Anichebe who goes down so easily.

Shattered or not, no excuses for that selection. He could of thrown a few of the younger lads on with a bit of heart and speed about them.

Heart and speed, really? I can see the reasoning behind the selection, the execution just wasnt there.

Cahill was out on his feet last game. clearly wasnt ready, especially with the FA cup match coming.

Heart and speed, really? I can see the reasoning behind the selection, the execution just wasnt there.

Cahill was out on his feet last game. clearly wasnt ready, especially with the FA cup match coming.

They are all paid enough money to play 2 games in 4 days. On derby day, being 'tired' shouldn't be an excuse.

This Sunderland game should be good now, our season is relying on it.

EDIT: I remember fondly a very young Dan Gosling coming on and banging one past Liverpool at a young age. Aswell as Seamus Coleman's debut against Spurs, 2-0 brought on we ended up with a draw due to his brilliance. His fight brought us back into the game.. something we lacked tonight.

Indeed it will be 2-1. Then Moyes finally has a winners medal ;)

I can't help but feel that Moyes wants the FA cup this year so he has something before he leaves [at the end of the season].

They are all paid enough money to play 2 games in 4 days. On derby day, being 'tired' shouldn't be an excuse.

This Sunderland game should be good now, our season is relying on it.

EDIT: I remember fondly a very young Dan Gosling coming on and banging one past Liverpool at a young age. Aswell as Seamus Coleman's debut against Spurs, 2-0 brought on we ended up with a draw due to his brilliance. His fight brought us back into the game.. something we lacked tonight.

Its nothing to do with excuses, its about being physically able to cope with a fired up Liverpool on derby day. Moyes looks as if he chose the FA cup over the game, after weighing it all up.

I can't help but feel that Moyes wants the FA cup this year so he has something before he leaves [at the end of the season].

My feeling exactly. He's having a meeting with Kenwright when the season ends to discuss what the plans for the future. But I do fear the worst. And to be honest, he does have a right to prioritise the cup this time round. He has to leave with something. Would be very harsh if he left with nothing to show for the work he's put in.

Its nothing to do with excuses, its about being physically able to cope with a fired up Liverpool on derby day. Moyes looks as if he chose the FA cup over the game, after weighing it all up.

Well, obviously we're not going to see eye-to-eye. A fired up Liverpool up against a 9 game unbeaten Everton with the assurance that a win would take us above our fierce rivals for the first time since 04/05. How much more motivation do you need!?

I credit Liverpool again on taking advantage of our poor performance and punishing us, showing us.. in truth, who the better side is. I can only hope for our next meeting we are a little more up for it and have added quality.. be it in the FA cup or league enxt year.

My feeling exactly. He's having a meeting with Kenwright when the season ends to discuss what the plans for the future. But I do fear the worst. And to be honest, he does have a right to prioritise the cup this time round. He has to leave with something. Would be very harsh if he left with nothing to show for the work he's put in.

I expect him to leave to be honest, either take some time off, or go to spurs.

Moyes: "If you'd given me a draw against Spurs & Liverpool I'd have said 'that's good'. We have actually taken three points."
very true.

I expect him to leave to be honest, either take some time off, or go to spurs.

Pretty much. If he wants to push the club forward (which he wants) but can't get the financial backing from anywhere and the club can't be sold....be wasting his time hanging around. But he'll leave a **** of a void when he does leave for pastures new.

Pretty much. If he wants to push the club forward (which he wants) but can't get the financial backing from anywhere and the club can't be sold....be wasting his time hanging around. But he'll leave a **** of a void when he does leave for pastures new.

Yep, and i think there are an increasing number of fans who aren't grateful for what he has done. and i think deep down, as much as he loves Everton, he must be starting to think, is it worth staying another year, fighting hard for people who may not appreciate him. I find that both a little sad, and quite bizarre, because i would have him as SAF's successor in a heartbeat.

Delighted with the win. And to round it off Mr Red Stevie gets himself a hat trick.

Brilliant.

Yep, and i think there are an increasing number of fans who aren't grateful for what he has done. and i think deep down, as much as he loves Everton, he must be starting to think, is it worth staying another year, fighting hard for people who may not appreciate him. I find that both a little sad, and quite bizarre, because i would have him as SAF's successor in a heartbeat.

Don't know how he put's up with it. They want attacking football-they get it. Get attacking football and lose-gets it in the neck. Plays to the teams strengths when ravaged by injuries-gets it in the neck. Football too negative blah blah blah. When he leaves, and things start go awry I await their comments with anticipation. If they claim too know as much as they did, they would take into account the bigger picture, and the circumstances in which he's had to make some selection. They should just keep their traps quiet.

If I was him I'd have left a while back. He rarely gets things wrong-and I mean rarely. Probably count the number of times on one hand. I'm so glad the majority of realistic fans outnumber the minority or it may well have been a different story ages ago and we'd be in a much more dangerous situation.

Suarez looks so much more dangerous when he has players around him. Him in a 4-5-1 will never work. 4-4-2, and proven to work. Please keep Carroll in the team for a while, alongside Suarez.

Don't know how he put's up with it. They want attacking football-they get it. Get attacking football and lose-gets it in the neck. Plays to the teams strengths when ravaged by injuries-gets it in the neck. Football too negative blah blah blah. When he leaves, and things start go awry I await their comments with anticipation. If they claim too know as much as they did, they would take into account the bigger picture, and the circumstances in which he's had to make some selection. They should just keep their traps quiet.

If I was him I'd have left a while back. He rarely gets things wrong-and I mean rarely. Probably count the number of times on one hand. I'm so glad the majority of realistic fans outnumber the minority or it may well have been a different story ages ago and we'd be in a much more dangerous situation.

I absolutely agree with you. Moyes has done minor miracles with Everton considering what he has had to work with and If I was him, I would have left for a new club ages ago.

I was rather hoping to see him at QPR to be honest. At least there he will have the some proper financial backing from which I really feel he can push QPR to new heights. I would take him at Chelsea as well although I do not want to **** up his career considering the poisoned chalice the Chelsea post has become.

I think Moyes will one way or another end up at Manchester United and trust me, he deserves that position every bit

Back