Liverpool v Everton match thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 156
  • Views Views 10K
I reckon Everton might edge this. 2-1, with Baines, Bellamy and Pienaar scoring.

1-0 to everton, liverpool are struggling for goals whole season cant see it changing.

Going with a 1-1 draw. Even though Liverpool are in bad form, they actually played very well against Arsenal and if they produce a similar display and manage to take even one chance, they will at least score. But then again Everton too are on a good run of form. Should make for an interesting game.

I just hope for a good game of football, hopefully involving no theatrics, dives, red cards nor dangerous fouls, and let the better team on this day take the three points. Good luck to Liverpool.

I would also hope for common sense refereeing too. Would prefer to see the match finish with 22 players on the pitch.

I just want a win, even if its ugly.

Im fed up of us dominating matches and finishing awful, 3 points is all that matters, although im going for

1-1, usual Anfield draw

Reina, Kelly, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Caroll, Suarez.

Howard; Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines; Coleman, Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell; Stracqualursi, Anichebe

I'm not sure how I feel about that lineup to be honest..........

[h=6]The full squads then, including the subs.

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Gerrard, Spearing, Downing, Carroll, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Adam, Shelvey, Flanagan

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Fellaini, Pienaar, Stracqualursi, Anichebe. Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Jelavic, Drenthe, Cahill, Neville, Osman.[/h]
According to Everton FC facebook page.

What a ghastly team selection! Really hoping fitness is keeping a few of these boys out and not Moyes resting them for saturday, this derby means everything to us!

IN saying that, Jelavic was on the verge of collapsing on Saturday against spurs after 60 or so minutes, Osman looked very tired at the end too. But why oh why has he dropped Heitinga for Jagielka? Anichebe is another strange choice, im glad it isn't Drenthe or he'd be ripped apart and sent off... although always provides that goal threat. Hope Strac can prove himself, looks like a player that would relish a derby with his work rate.

I don't feel comfortable at all. Still, Moyes is the gaffer not me..........

I don't feel comfortable at all. Still, Moyes is the gaffer not me..........

Exactly. If this comes off tonight, he'll be labelled a genius. However if we get smashed..

I look at the bench and see 5, even 6 players that could be in that starting line up. Little gutted Cahill isn't playing, he's always for a derby and has a great record against Liverpool. Form has been an issue with him though.

Back