Liverpool v Everton match thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 156
  • Views Views 10K
Well I have to hold my hands up. I remember saying Gerrard was a shadow of his former self. I was wrong.

Look forward to seeing him play like that for England.

Probably yeah. To be honest, this could be Davids last term in charge at Goodison and wants the FA Cup real bad. And to be honest I can't blame him-he's deserves some form of trophy success. There's a reason he still hasn't opened his FA Cup Runners Up medal.

And to be fair-we still have a good chance to win it

Indeed, thats probably what he is thinking, the club has a real chance here, they are gonna roughly finish where they are in the league anyway. So why not also show some ambtion?

Indeed, thats probably what he is thinking, the club has a real chance here, they are gonna roughly finish where they are in the league anyway. So why not also show some ambtion?

Yup. I would absolutely kill to have that trophy in the cabinet. He deserves at least that much for all he's done for us.

We made Gerrard look good. He won't get much poorer defences to play against for the remainder of the season. Makes me sick to the teeth loosing these derbies, Moyes through it away with a dreadful team selection and it showed. No fight at all.

Bragging rights lost. School should be fun tomorrow.

Not sure if I agree tbh. Liverpools performance simply cannot be faulted tonight. They simply outclassed us-simple as.

I can't sit back and just compliment Liverpool, if Moyes would of had the balls to get at Liverpool could of been a different story. Our midfield was anonymous and our defence was shocking.
Credit Liverpool for taking advantage but they were there for the taking. We just sat back and let them play.

The day that man Steven Gerrard retires is the day i'll weap like a schoolgirl XD

Really happy with how we played, Gerrard getting back to his best, Suarez being his usual threatening self (two assists I believe), Carroll, despite not getting on the scoresheet contributed really well to the team tonight, Kelly definitely deserved a goal for his performance, Enrique and Spearing dependable and never put a foot wrong. Carragher never tested at all really.

Not the most important derby ever, but one of our best performances this season no doubt.

I can't sit back and just compliment Liverpool, if Moyes would of had the balls to get at Liverpool could of been a different story. Our midfield was anonymous and our defence was shocking.
Credit Liverpool for taking advantage but they were there for the taking. We just sat back and let them play.

I do agree with the bit about the defending in parts. How Kelly was allowed to get that shot in is beyond me.

Get at them with what? The players that were shattered from Spurs? you clamoured for him to go 4-4-2 and he did.

Pienaar gave Kelly too much space by coming inside, but then not tracking him back when the ball was lost

I'm not even going to contemplate checking out various Everton forums. The anti-Moyes brigade will be lapping this one up big time.

To be fair I think his plan was to get at us, that's why he started with two upfront. They never got any service though, it looked like we were playing against Baines and 10 other stationary objects at times.

I do agree with the bit about the defending in parts. How Kelly was allowed to get that shot in is beyond me.

Exactly. He was allowed to gallop up and down whenever he wanted to the whole match, we had no answer. The big mistake too was to drop Heitinga who was arguably our MOM against Spurs, really proved his worth in the last few months.

Based on tonight's performance alone, you wouldn't have guessed that Andy Carroll had been as poor as he has. Look brilliant against us.

To be fair I think his plan was to get at us, that's why he started with two upfront. They never got any service though, it looked like we were playing against Baines and 10 other stationary objects at times.

Sums it up really. Threats tonight were indeed Baines, and at times Pienaar. Apart from that, nothing else really.

Still, there's points still up for grabs and an FA Cup run to come. Time to dust down, get back up and get back to work again. Well done Liverpool.

Get at them with what? The players that were shattered from Spurs? you clamoured for him to go 4-4-2 and he did.

Pienaar gave Kelly too much space by coming inside, but then not tracking him back when the ball was lost

I never once asked for 2 up top. I know we haven't got the quality to play that. To start 3 players who are just back from injury was a disgrace.. in the process of dropping our best defender of recent months. Cahill, has scored most goals against Liverpool than any other Evertonian post-war, didn't get a minute. A player with fight like Cahill was required, not a sissy in the form of Anichebe who goes down so easily.

Shattered or not, no excuses for that selection. He could of thrown a few of the younger lads on with a bit of heart and speed about them.

Back