Liverpool v Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmonkey

Reaction score
Barclays Premier League
Venue: Anfield Date: Monday, 11 April Kick-off: 2000 BST
Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and full match commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside 95.8 FM, 1485 MW and DAB and on BBC Radio Manchester 95.1FM and DAB; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles
TEAM NEWS
Liverpool are without injured defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson, while captain Steven Gerrard has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
Fabio Aurelio and Jonjo Shelvey are back in training but lack fitness, while David Ngog returned from injury in a reserve match on Monday.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini reported no new injury concerns following the win against Sunderland.
City are again without injured duo Jerome Boateng and Micah Richards.
Liverpool:
Doubtful: Aurelio & Shelvey (both fitness)
Injured: Agger (knee), Gerrard (groin), Johnson & Kelly (both hamstring)
Man City
Injured/unavailable: Boateng (knee), Given (shoulder), Richards (hamstring), K Toure (suspended)

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Its going to be a tough match for liverpool with 4 key players injured!

Hoping for a win,but with our recent games i think it could be a lucky draw,too many important players injured atm ,only if suarez pulls of some of his magic tonight (H)

Apparently John Flanagan is starting. Going to be hard with so many key injuries and not much squad depth but I'm gonna go with 2-2 Tevez, Tevez, Suarez, Kuyt

Apparently John Flanagan is starting. Going to be hard with so many key injuries and not much squad depth but I'm gonna go with 2-2 Tevez, Tevez, Suarez, Kuyt
would be nice to blood some more of the young ones in, we have some good prospects at the club, and this season is prety much a write off anyway, so there is nothing to lose,

Hoping/Beging/Praying for a Liverpool win tonight. 3 Points behind City as it stands to for them to lose would be fantastic.

Agreed. Doesn't look like Pool have too much to lose/ gain now so they may as well play some of the young players. Hopefully Shelvey will get some game time before the end of the season.

Going for 1-0 City, with Liverpool to edge the game but City to be strong at the back. With one of the big boys for City scoring from a set piece.

I'm going to have to go for a Desmond. Tevez and Suarez scoring two each.
Liverpool have nothing to lose so I wouldn't be surprised if we had 11 debutants tonight. :)

We have got something to lose/gain and thats the game lol. Don't want to get beat at home by City an we want to finish the season strong and get as many points as possible. Not in any other competition so why not?

Not just going to play loads of youngsters for the fun out it. If they play it will because they deserve to play and because of the injuries at the back

I am quite pessimistic about our chances, hope we scrape it though.

I can see anything except a Liverpool win tbh. No Johnson or Kelly in defence meaning a back four of Carra-Skrtel-Kryigakos-Aurelio is likely with no pace at all and Tevez/Balotelli/Silva/Johnson tearing us to shreds probably. No Gerrard either...

Not at all looking forward to this one, 1-1 or 2-1 City.

if mancini takes the shackles off again i can easily see a city win here

1-3 city

I think Mancini will go out and attack. Liverpool have injury problems but everyone knows that anything can happen at Anfield. Like the game against United :D

But i can see us getting 3 points but also losing.

A win and we could finish 3rd.

Last edited:
if mancini takes the shackles off again i can easily see a city win here

1-3 city

Likewise, our back line with no pace at all will be so sooo deep and with Carra lumping it to Carroll all the time, I'll be stunned if we get something tbh

Man City team:

Hart, Kolarov, Boyata, Lescott, Kompany, Barry, Y Toure, Milner, A Johnson, Tevez, Dzeko

LFC: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Spearing, Lucas, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll

LFC: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Spearing, Lucas, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll

Good to see Flanagan giving a game. Line up I'm hoping for:

Reina
Flanagan - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio
Lucas
Meireles - Spearing
Kuyt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Suarez
Carroll​

Or even 3 strikers. However, it looks like Meireles will be pushed onto the left wing again :S

Glad Boyata's playing to be honest. Could exploit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.