Liverpool v Wolves

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's game between Liverpool and Wolves in the Premier League.

More...

Come on Pool, a nice few goals will do nicely thanks ;)

Liverpool 3-0 Wolves

I want Liverpool to win this one... but i dont know honestly.. 2-1 Pool

Looking forward to maybe seeing Gerrard off Torres and Lucas, Meireles in centre mid. Hopefully Aggers really to return at centre-back aswell, that will be a huge boost.

I'm going to say 2-0. Torres to bag atleast 1 for his confidence and I'll be made up.

Liverpool 4 - 0 Wolves

Wolves have not scored in 270 Premier League minutes against us, so I'm confident we'll keep a clean sheet. And with Gerrard & Torres both in the team I feel tonight them alone will be to much for Wolves, let alone the rest of the players.

Hope Aggers gets a start with Carragher in defense.

Liverpool will dominate this game I think. Wolves are looking extremely poor at the moment.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Wolves

The scoreline will not finish as high as it should due to poor finishing.

A simple 2 or 3 nil. Without Doyle (out in jured), Wolves have no one to hurt us.

Our home form is actually very good. 3/4-0.

Liverpool v Wolves line-ups:
Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Torres, Ngog.
Subs: Jones, Agger, Aurelio, Cole, Maxi, Babel, Poulsen.
Wolves: Hennessey, Zubar, Stearman, Berra, Elokobi, Foley, Milijas, Hunt, Jarvis, Ward, Ebanks-Blake.
Subs: Hahnemann, Edwards, Fletcher, David Jones, Bent, Mujangi Bia, Batth.
Referee: Peter Walton (Northamptonshire)

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

So Agger on the bench. Whether that's Roy being an idiot or if he's not fully recovered remains to be seen. And from that, looks like a 4-4-2 with Meireles being played out wide... again *facepalm*

Last edited:
Weird team line up. I hope its not Meireles on the wing. Looks like it might be a 4-3-3 with Gerrard Lucas Meireles. Don't know what to make of it.

Weird team line up. I hope its not Meireles on the wing. Looks like it might be a 4-3-3 with Gerrard Lucas Meireles. Don't know what to make of it.

That could be interesting if that's the case, but I honestly can't see beyond him playing Meireles on the wing. I hope he proves me wrong.

That could be interesting if that's the case, but I honestly can't see beyond him playing Meireles on the wing. I hope he proves me wrong.

If that was the case wheres Kuyt gonna play? Surely not on the left and don't know why he wouldnt play Maxi. Looks like it will definatly be a 4-3-3.

If that was the case wheres Kuyt gonna play? Surely not on the left and don't know why he wouldnt play Maxi. Looks like it will definatly be a 4-3-3.

Perhaps Kuyt would stay on the right, but Meireles may be made to play on the right. Like I said though, I hope I'm wrong!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Liverpool v Wolves team news:
Sam Sheringham reports: "Steven Gerrard returns to the heart of Liverpool's midfield after six weeks out with a hamstring injury. Maxi Rodriguez is the man to step aside with Raul Meireles set to operate from a wide position. Wolves make one change to the side beaten 2-1 at home by Wigan on Boxing Day, with winger Matt Jarvis replacing Dave Edwards."

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

So the BBC reckon it'll be 4-4-2, please be wrong.

Perhaps Kuyt would stay on the right, but Meireles may be made to play on the right. Like I said though, I hope I'm wrong!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Liverpool v Wolves team news:
Sam Sheringham reports: "Steven Gerrard returns to the heart of Liverpool's midfield after six weeks out with a hamstring injury. Maxi Rodriguez is the man to step aside with Raul Meireles set to operate from a wide position. Wolves make one change to the side beaten 2-1 at home by Wigan on Boxing Day, with winger Matt Jarvis replacing Dave Edwards."

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

So the BBC reckon it'll be 4-4-2, please be wrong.

Fingers crossed mate.