Liverpool vs. Bolton Wanderers - 1/1/11 15:00

CalumE5

Luis Suarez!
Reaction score
Liverpool go into this match in desperate need of a win over the over-performing Bolton today. With speculation over Roy Hodgson's future continuing, with many sources saying that the owners are looking for a replacement already, the result may not affect his chances, but it will be very important to Liverpool fans to help get their season back on course!

Starting line-ups:
Liverpool
25 Reina
02 G Johnson
05 Agger
06 Aurelio
37 Skrtel
04 Raul Meireles
17 Maxi
21 Lucas
09 Torres
18 Kuyt
24 Ngog

Substitutes
01 Jones, 16 Kyrgiakos, 34 Kelly, 08 Gerrard, 10 Cole, 28 C Poulsen, 19 Babel

Bolton
22 Jaaskelainen
05 Cahill
12 Knight
18 Ricketts
25 Alonso
06 Muamba
07 Taylor
16 Davies
09 Elmander
14 Davies
19 Moreno

Substitutes
01 Bogdan, 10 Petrov, 17 Klasnic, 20 Blake​

LIVERPOOL v BOLTON TEAM NEWS
David Ornstein reports: "Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson makes three changes from Wednesday's defeat by Wolves, the most prominent seeing captain Steven Gerrard - described by his manager as "extremely tired" after returning from injury in midweek - drop to the bench. Elsewhere, Daniel Agger comes in for Sotirios Kyrgiakos at centre-back and Fabio Aurelio gets his first league start of the season in place of left-back Paul Konchesky. For Bolton there are two alterations from Wednesday's loss at Chelsea - Mark Davies deputising for Stuart Holden in central midfield and Marcos Alonso replacing suspended left-back Paul Robinson. Meanwhile, Trotters boss Owen Coyle travelled with a squad of 15 players - so names only four of a possible seven substitutes. "

Last edited:
Just lol at Hodgson. Job rides on 3 points today, so you leave out your captain.

What a legend.

Also, why do Bolton only have 4 subs?

Looks like a 4-4-2 for Liverpool, with Aurelio starting instead of Konchesky!!! Hodgson with a good decision for a change? Gerrard only starting on the bench with Meireles and Lucas in centre mid, while Kuyt and Maxi should occupy the wings for liverpool.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Just lol at Hodgson. Job rides on 3 points today, so you leave out your captain.

What a legend.

I wondered that, I got it from the BBC site, it looks like a lot of their players are unavailable so maybe that's all they've got.

Konchesky is not on the starting line-up,not on the bench also..:S

how can Bolton only play 4 subs, 1 GK and 3 ATT they will be screwed if any of there defenders get injured, surely they must have some youth team defenders who they can put on the bench.

Editing the OP now with Team News. Bolton only travelled with 15 players apparently. Seems very strange!

What a legend.

It's actually very good from Hodgson to leave Gerrard out imo.
Mereiles - Lucas midfield partnership has worked better than a midfield partnership with Gerrard in it this season

Konchesky is injured (I think). Gerrard is only just back from injury and played a full 90 minutes a few days ago. Don't get to excited, they're forced changes by the looks of things.

It's actually very good from Hodgson to leave Gerrard out imo.
Mereiles - Lucas midfield partnership has worked better than a midfield partnership with Gerrard in it this season

But when your job is riding on the result, surely you want your best/most influential players on the pitch?

But when your job is riding on the result, surely you want your best/most influential players on the pitch?

His job isn't riding on the result.
He's gone as soon as the board find a capable replacement.

Gerrard was clearly struggling with cramp towards the end of the Wolves games. How would an unfit Gerrard be any use?

Bolton have not won at Anfield for more than 40 years? (Forgot exact count)
and also they haven't scored since 2003. Saw this in forum.

So today is the day for one more record?

Gerrard was clearly struggling with cramp towards the end of the Wolves games. How would an unfit Gerrard be any use?

I didn't watch the Wolves game. I wouldn't know that would I..

gerrard got injured after wolves game and was extremely tired after 3 months out... obviously he left him out cus he had too... stop being so stupid the lot of ya

Has anyone got a stream for this? Thanks :)