Liverpool vs Chelsea 7/11/10

Not necessarily mate, Liverpool arn't the only side with a quick striker we have played in the last year or so. If we started with Bosingwa it would have been better as he is quicker than Ivanovic, yes Terry lacks pace but Alex is no Slouch. Like i said we missed Essien hugely today he would have kept Gerrard ocupied and stopped some of the service into Torres.

Broadly, there are two types of strikers. Small pacey ones and big strong ones. Most definitely pacey ones will cause the most damage to Chelsea's defence.

CJACKO, missing Essien excuse is very lame. You are not one man team. You claim that you are the best team in the league as you are the champions, but last season we played without our first choice CB pairing and harldy anyone mentioned that till now. Even this season every team have got injury concerns, if anything Chelsea are most lucky in that part.

I said we have got to used to having Essien in the side and thats a dangerous thing. I don't see how losing Lampard for the most of this season is counted as lucky.

Broadly, there are two types of strikers. Small pacey ones and big strong ones. Most definitely pacey ones will cause the most damage to Chelsea's defence.

I wouldn't agree with that because in recent times strikers such as Kevin Davies, Kevin Doyle and Emile Heskey have given us a harder time than strikers such as Agbonlahor and Kenwyne Jones.

Watching the match again, I've got to say, John Terry's challenge on both Torres and Kuyt were terrible. How the yellow card managed to stay in Webb's pocket, I'll never know.

I said we have got to used to having Essien in the side and thats a dangerous thing. I don't see how losing Lampard for the most of this season is counted as lucky.

I wouldn't agree with that because in recent times strikers such as Kevin Davies, Kevin Doyle and Emile Heskey have given us a harder time than strikers such as Agbonlahor and Kenwyne Jones.

Coz you are the least affected side among top teams due to injuries.

We have half the squad with virus plus Rooney out for so long, Rio missing start of the season.

Arsenal missed RVP, Fabregas, In that terms Chelsea are lucky.

Coz you are the least affected side among top teams due to injuries.

We have half the squad with virus plus Rooney out for so long, Rio missing start of the season.

Arsenal missed RVP, Fabregas, In that terms Chelsea are lucky.

Well our top scorer last season Drogba has only played 10 games this season and the last 4 of them being unwell and our 2nd top scorer last season Lampard has only made 4 appearences, so in my eyes that isen't lucky.

Here's a semi pre-match analysis from Goal.com.
Here are some notable quotes from it -
Goalkeeper Pepe Reina and striker Fernando Torres stand out as the two other star players alongside Gerrard but even with all three on form, Liverpool are simply in no condition to stop Chelsea.
John Obi Mikel will man-mark Gerrard and look to starve him of possession, John Terry will rough up Torres, frustrate the Spaniard into a sulk Reds fans have seen all too often this season.
Yeah, he sure did, but for all the wrong reasons.

Didier Drogba will have too much power for Martin Skrtel
But the very fact the Reds captain had to bail out his team-mates in such a fashion shows exactly the state Liverpool are in at the moment – and Chelsea will prove it again this weekend.
Yep. They sure did. LOL.

Well our top scorer last season Drogba has only played 10 games this season and the last 4 of them being unwell and our 2nd top scorer last season Lampard has only made 4 appearences, so in my eyes that isen't lucky.

Only 10? FFS, he missed 1 game then. Lampard is the only injury concern you have/had.

Only 10? FFS, he missed 1 game then. Lampard is the only injury concern you have/had.

Like i said he has been unwell for the last 3-4 games. And losing Lampard is a massive blow, im pretty sure if Lampard hadn't have been injured this season we would have scored more goals thats how big of a player he is for Chelsea scoring and creating goals.

Injuries is an awful excuse. Kyrgi and Johnson were both due to play but had to pull out on the day of the game...

Injuries is an awful excuse. Kyrgi and Johnson were both due to play but had to pull out on the day of the game...

I agree with you mate because many times ive seen Chelsea fans including myself have told Arsenal fans that the Van persie and fabregas etc missing isnt an excuse so us Chelsea fans cant use lampard, essien and Drogba for the first half missing as an excuse.

Im not using injurys as an excuse. Im just saying as soon as i saw Essien was out i wasen't confident.

you're very quick to say no excuses to other sides, the same can be said of you. spurs liverpool united arsenal have all had worse injury problems than you. at thend of the day its always about the squad and never just the first xi, and your replacements didnt step it up enough

The fact that you've used Kenwyne Jones as an example of a "small, pacey striker" kinda destroys all credibility to your argument.

Terry and Alex are both supremely accomplished aerial defenders. However Terry has the turning circle of a tank and about the same amount of grace. Alex, whilst a marginally better technician and athlete, hardly corners like a housefly. Same is true for Ivanovic. The only reason Heskey gave you a problem this year was because Agbonlahor was out. The opposite is true for the other two examples - Davies and Doyle are both their sides' standout premier strikers, and to drop them against Chelsea would be stupid. Given two strikers of relatively similar ability - take Agbonlahor and Carew, for example - you'd pick Agbonlahor because his strengths play to the weaknesses of the Chelsea defence.

Last edited:
you're very quick to say no excuses to other sides, the same can be said of you. spurs liverpool united arsenal have all had worse injury problems than you. at thend of the day its always about the squad and never just the first xi, and your replacements didnt step it up enough

Im not blaiming injurys they deserved to won the game full stop. All im saying is that we would have been better suited if Essien was fit and playing.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

The fact that you've used Kenwyne Jones as an example of a "small, pacey striker" kinda destroys all credibility to your argument.

Terry and Alex are both supremely accomplished aerial defenders. However Terry has the turning circle of a tank and about the same amount of grace. Alex, whilst a marginally better technician and athlete, hardly corners like a housefly. Same is true for Ivanovic. The only reason Heskey gave you a problem this year was because Agbonlahor was out. The opposite is true for the other two examples - Davies and Doyle are both their sides' standout premier strikers, and to drop them against Chelsea would be stupid. Given two strikers of relatively similar ability - take Agbonlahor and Carew, for example - you'd pick Agbonlahor because his strengths play to the weaknesses of the Chelsea defence.

I added Jones later on and put him at the wrong place in my quote. I would rather play against Agbonlahor than Carew or Heskey. Heskey has always gave us problems wherever he has played. And Wolves could have dropped Doyle for a quicker lad Ebanks Blake if they felt this surely???

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

1 man team? ;)

lol:P. Nah but Pool are stronger with Stevie G in the side because he is such a sensational footballer. Ok Essien dosen't have the same influence but he makes our team stronger and more fluid without a dout.

if your going to use injuries and out of form players for an excuse then i might as use rooneys injury and poor form as an excuse for man utd being second not first

Back