Liverpool vs Chelsea 7/11/10

Torres had the beating of the centre backs today. Terry was poor, all he seemed to do was hit long balls up to the strikers and constantly whinge at the ref and foul players (Sometimes with his elbow)

Terry's a tough player and likes to rough players up everyone knows that. We seemed out of ideas from the off and he looked more dangerous when he started carrying the ball on runs upfield himself.

jacko i told you that gerrard would boss mikel wasnt dismissing him but gerrard was always gonna have him, like i said before the game, that midfield match up was always in liverpools favour

Terry's a tough player and likes to rough players up everyone knows that. We seemed out of ideas from the off and he looked more dangerous when he started carrying the ball on runs upfield himself.

So he's allowed to elbow Kuyt in the eye inside the penalty box, and jump through Torres because he's a "Tough player" ?:S

jacko i told you that gerrard would boss mikel wasnt dismissing him but gerrard was always gonna have him, like i said before the game, that midfield match up was always in liverpools favour

Like i said i feard if Essien didn't start and i was right. Mikel marks space not players if anything it was Ramires job to try and pick up the runs of Gerrard and he couldn't do it he was to busy passing the ****** ball to Gerrard. Honestly i didn't come on here before kick-off because i saw the line-up and i wasen't confident at all.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

So he's allowed to elbow Kuyt in the eye inside the penalty box, and jump through Torres because he's a "Tough player" ?:S

No but he isen't the only player to play in that manner, he just gets more highlighted because people don't like the lad. Refs know how Terry plays his game so if anything Webb should have been on top of it shouldn't he.

Our midfield was incredibly odd today i thought, As occasionally there was no real shape to it, Mereiles would often drift inside, as would Maxi, and whenever either did, it always seemed be Kuyt covering them. Torres got the goals, but Kuyt and Lucas were two of the best players on the pitch and it's about time Lucas got the credit he deserves.

On the note of Mikel, the only other midfielder i've seen have Gerrard in his back pocket for 90 minutes aside from Essien is Anderson...

a team with pacy strikers will dominate chelsea's backline and torres proved that today

Our midfield was incredibly odd today i thought, As occasionally there was no real shape to it, Mereiles would often drift inside, as would Maxi, and whenever either did, it always seemed be Kuyt covering them. Torres got the goals, but Kuyt and Lucas were two of the best players on the pitch and it's about time Lucas got the credit he deserves.

On the note of Mikel, the only other midfielder i've seen have Gerrard in his back pocket for 90 minutes aside from Essien is Anderson...

100% agree.

your midfield was based on movement, that was your best chance of winning, if gerrard got picked up lucas and meireles were intelligent enough to exploit the space.

a team with pacy strikers will dominate chelsea's backline and torres proved that today

Not necessarily mate, Liverpool arn't the only side with a quick striker we have played in the last year or so. If we started with Bosingwa it would have been better as he is quicker than Ivanovic, yes Terry lacks pace but Alex is no Slouch. Like i said we missed Essien hugely today he would have kept Gerrard ocupied and stopped some of the service into Torres.

Not necessarily mate, Liverpool arn't the only side with a quick striker we have played in the last year or so. If we started with Bosingwa it would have been better as he is quicker than Ivanovic, yes Terry lacks pace but Alex is no Slouch. Like i said we missed Essien hugely today he would have kept Gerrard ocupied and stopped some of the service into Torres.

Agree with the point about essien, you looked a different team today without him

Chelsea's midfield 3 was pretty weak today and I wasn't surprised at the result. Ramires & Zhirkov aren't really proven in the premiership and Mikel certainly isn't Essien.

I don't think Chelsea's backline have a big weakness. Only let in 5 in the premiership...

Agree with the point about essien, you looked a different team today without him

definatly mate, i know people can make the point "but you didn't have him last season and you dont ok". But i think we have got so used to playing with him this season he is 2nd in the minutes played by a outfield Chelsea player this season only to Mikel. Like i said deserved win but im confident we can pick up 6 points from our next 2 games and Utd next 2 games are away to City and Villa so we could even be on here come next Sunday and Chelsea could be a maximum of 8points clear of Utd.

definatly mate, i know people can make the point "but you didn't have him last season and you dont ok". But i think we have got so used to playing with him this season he is 2nd in the minutes played by a outfield Chelsea player this season only to Mikel. Like i said deserved win but im confident we can pick up 6 points from our next 2 games and Utd next 2 games are away to City and Villa so we could even be on here come next Sunday and Chelsea could be a maximum of 8points clear of Utd.
highly unlikely that you will be 8 points clear.

CJACKO, missing Essien excuse is very lame. You are not one man team. You claim that you are the best team in the league as you are the champions, but last season we played without our first choice CB pairing and harldy anyone mentioned that till now. Even this season every team have got injury concerns, if anything Chelsea are most lucky in that part.

No excuses, highlights showed that we just didn't turn up. If Torres keeps up his form he will destroy teams single-handedly :S Dirk Kuyt's pass for the first goal was amazing :( Still top of the table though :)

Last edited:
I thought Liverpool would turn it around, and now they are.

Unbeaten in 5 games with 4 wins says a lot about how the new owners are having a positive impact on the club. This result is an excellent one for Liverpool and it was great to finally see Torres at his outstanding best.

This is seriously making me doubt Chelsea's title credentials and I think it is anyone's game this year.

No excuses, highlights showed that we just didn't turn up. If Torres keeps up his form he will destroy teams single-handedly :S Joe Cole's pass for the first goal was amazing, we never should have let him go :( Still top of the table though :)

Cole was injured.

No excuses, highlights showed that we just didn't turn up. If Torres keeps up his form he will destroy teams single-handedly :S Joe Cole's pass for the first goal was amazing, we never should have let him go :( Still top of the table though :)

* Dirk Kuyt:)

Back