Liverpool Vs. Manchester United Sunday 6th 13:30 KO

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 43K

What will the outcome of this match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say that I think that it will be a Liverpool win tomorrow! It will probably be a very intense game but with a defensive partnership of Chris Smalling and Wes Brown, I can only see Luis Suarez getting the better of them and Carroll (if he plays) battering them into submission.
I'm going to go for a 3-1 win for Liverpool, with goals from Suarez and a Gerrard brace for Liverpool and a lone Nani goal.

wish Meirless (sp) was fit, he would have been pivotal in this match considering his form and I hope Croll can make an immediate impact if he starts on the bench, he can easily outmuscle Man Utd's makeshift Central Defence they will be putting up with both Vidic and Ferdinand out of the game

I dont think Liverpool play high line. Do they? Haven't paid much attention to it.

Berbatov hasn't started for few games now and considering he scored hat trick against Liverpool and also won penalty against them, i think Fergie will be tempted to play Berba. Even i want to start with Rooney and Berba and bring Hernandez as a sub. With tired Liverpool defense he can use his pace even more effectively.

Key players for us is Fletcher. He needs to get back to his top form and I'm sure Lucas wont give an inch of space to our CMs.
i wish we had anderson for this game.

I'm assuming that liverpool will push up since they are at home and also to starve scholes of that space, their line is certainly higher than it was under Roy, where it was pretty much in their goal

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

think a lot of people are downplaying Smallings ability here. he has come along a long way this season

I'm assuming that liverpool will push up since they are at home and also to starve scholes of that space, their line is certainly higher than it was under Roy, where it was pretty much in their goal

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

think a lot of people are downplaying Smallings ability here. he has come along a long way this season

but i really will not have full faith in Smalling to handle Suarez and possibly Caroll tbh, still it should be a good battle if Smalling brings his A Game :)

Lol they cant play deeper than what they did under Roy. Yeah Anderson will be a big miss. Unlucky lad, got injured when he finally got a run in. Gutted for him. Missed him in Chelsea game too.

Yeah, it takes time to see what a quality young player Smalling is. United fans have watched every min he has played for us, so we know what a talent he is. But it takes time for others to appreciate his talent.

Thought he would get lot more credit after his performance against City.

but i really will not have full faith in Smalling to handle Suarez and possibly Caroll tbh, still it should be a good battle if Smalling brings his A Game :)
i do, its brown im worried about.

Hoping Carroll does start tommorrow however if he is not quite fit enough we shouldnt risk it. As kenny said we have signed him for 5 seasons not a few games. Hope we can pull off a good victory tommorrow and to the guy who said that the confidence that kenny coming in gave us is wearing off, just think, the chelsea game wasnt won on confidence it was won on f...ing brilliant tactics.

2-0 to liverpool tommorrow and hopefully suarez to score 2 (Forlan did it against us, Suarez could do it for us :D )

Is Evans ruled out of the game? If not i would like to see him starting than Brown as Brown is not even match fit. When was the last time he played a full 90 mins?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

and every right you should be tbh, if Caroll comes on and links up with Suarez it will be tough on Man Utd's defence

I dont think Carroll will start. At best maybe he will some10-20 mins. He has not played for 3 months and he will take time to get back to the form.

Is Evans ruled out of the game? If not i would like to see him starting than Brown as Brown is not even match fit. When was the last time he played a full 90 mins?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I dont think Carroll will start. At best maybe he will some10-20 mins. He has not played for 3 months and he will take time to get back to the form.
evans is out, i'd rather start with O'shea in defence and play rafael wide

evans is out, i'd rather start with O'shea in defence and play rafael wide

Sigh. Same defensive crisis again. At least we have defenders to play in the defense this time. Then Brown will start as CB for sure. O'shea is too soft to play as CB, we need blood and thunder type CB to play alongside Smalling and Brown is not afraid to put his head for any tackle. Slightly worried about his match fitness.

How idiotic was Vida's decision to risk a red card :S

and every right you should be tbh, if Caroll comes on and links up with Suarez it will be tough on Man Utd's defence
everyone is talking about a hypothecial partnership (carroll and suarez havent together played yet), while ignoring the dangers of one thats played rooney - berbatov/hernandez. liverpool are gonna find it tough against whichever way it lines up. i believe hernandez has 9 league goals from 13 shots on target - talk about lethal finishing

everyone is talking about a hypothecial partnership (carroll and suarez havent together played yet), while ignoring the dangers of one thats played rooney - berbatov/hernandez. liverpool are gonna find it tough against whichever way it lines up. i believe hernandez has 9 league goals from 13 shots on target - talk about lethal finishing

To add to this, i dont think Carroll is even match fit to start this match. To be honest I'm not worried much about Carroll. Price tag makes everyone believe he is better than what he is. I'm worried about Suarez and Raul Meireles

I agree it will be a danger especially with hernandez as Carra isnt exactly quick. However your stat doesnt show how lethal a finisher he is. He could have had 100 shots overall and only hit 13 on target. But apart from that, i completely agree, i wonder if he will play berbatov because of what happened at OT

To add to this, i dont think Carroll is even match fit to start this match. To be honest I'm not worried much about Carroll. Price tag makes everyone believe he is better than what he is. I'm worried about Suarez and Raul Meireles
Isn't Meireles unfit for the match? I mean, isn't he injured?

we all new his price tag was way over the limit and we all know his quality as probably the best young english striker in the game, i would be worried if he comes on at any rate

we all new his price tag was way over the limit and we all know his quality as probably the best young english striker in the game, i would be worried if he comes on at any rate
not massively worried, hes not match fit yet for one thing

Back