Liverpool vs Sparta Prague

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
After a terribly dour draw in the first leg of this last 32 encounter last week, Liverpool will be hoping to erase all memories of that with a victory over Sparta Prague at a packed Anfield.

Liverpool have dropped the ticket prices for this encounter in a bid to fill their stadium, particularly as the earlier-than-usual starting time may also affect the desirability of this contest.

The opening 90 minutes of this two-leg tie was about as dull as it gets as Liverpool produced virtually nothing of attacking intent while Prague looked equally as bad, as well as rusty after not playing for two months due to their winter break.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish knows that the Anfield crowd will not accept a performance as poor as last week's as Liverpool go in search of a piece of silverware that would help to erase memories of their disastrous start to the season.

However, Liverpool will be facing a side with nothing to lose and everything to prove. It remains to be seen if Prague can get a priceless away goal but Dalglish is unlikely to be taking them too lightly after last week's match showed that Prague are extremely difficult to break down.

Key Match-up: Raul Meireles v Kamil Vacek: With Steven Gerrard likely to still be absent, Meireles will be expected to inspire and lead Liverpool's attacking play from midfield. Vacek will do the same for Prague and the winner of their duel could have a huge bearing on the end result.

Form Guide: Liverpool are unbeaten in their last six matches, including the first leg last week, while Prague are also unbeaten in their last six - even if the Czech winter break means that spans back to October.

Odds: Liverpool 4/11, Prague 17/2, Draw 7/2

Thoughts?

Liverpool 3 - 0 Sparta Prague

Being at home and having our 12th man there I think we'll be too much for Sparta! I don't think we'll be caused to many problems and we'll win pretty easy.

Hoping a few youngsters get a game.

Liverpool 2-0 Sparta Prague.

2-0 win.

Out of college at 5, gonna have to jump on the train from Central to Kirkdale & jog to anfield; hope to make the kick-off!

Sparta to surprise early with a goal in first 10 minutes (6)

Reina
Carragher - Skrtel - Agger
Kelly ------------------------------ Aurelio
Lucas - Spearing - Maxi
Meireles
Kuyt​

Total guess at the starting 11?

3-0 to Liverpool !

Meireles will score :wub:

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Reina
Lucas - Spearing - Maxi
Meireles
Kuyt​

No Suarez ?

3-0 to Liverpool !

Meireles will score :wub:

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

No Suarez ?

Ineligable in Europe. :(
Reina
Lucas - Spearing - Maxi
Meireles
Kuyt​

Spearing's still injured?

Reina
Lucas - Spearing - Maxi
Meireles
Kuyt​

Lucas where Spearing is.
N'Gog where Kuyt Is.
Kuyt where Lucas was.

Also, I don't see what people see in Maxi, I think he's useless.

0-1.

Matejovsky to score another wondergoal at Anfield.

:D

Lucas where Spearing is.
N'Gog where Kuyt Is.
Kuyt where Lucas was.

Also, I don't see what people see in Maxi, I think he's useless.

He's alright, decent team player. Can see him leaving in the summer though. Spearing is back, reckon Kenny may give him 45 minutes.

It's a bit stupid that he's cup-tied.. he played for Ajax in the champions league, not the europa. ¬¬

We should be playing Pacheco in place of Maxi, the kid might not have the experience but i believe he can at least cause problems to defences of teams like Sparta.

Jovanovic in place for N'gog, N'gog wont even get passed that **** repka, jova will kill him