Liverpool vs Sparta Prague

I think you were watching the game in your head. Similar to all of the games of Lucas people seem to have seen over the past two seasons. See the bad, ignore the good.

I saw a guy whose finishing was ****, who completely robbed Joe Cole of an opportunity, and who was hardly a threat, being dispossesed with relative ease.

Today's game proved we were missing a striker, Kuyt lost his scoring ability the day he came to Liverpool, he's so used to chasing the ball out wide and creating chances he's forgotten how to be a forward, and N'gog, well... He really didn't prove why he should be at the club today.

With Saurez and/or Carroll in the team I could have seen it being 4 or 5 - 0, Liverpool didn't deserve to lose, like somebody were saying, Sparta Prague were abysmal at best and were lucky not to go home embaressed.

We played bad but not awful, sparta prague played worse so by that logic the team that deserved to win was us even if we werent at out best

Just got back from the game. Not the best of games, but we played okay. Some good moves but a couple of bad performances from Poulsen & Ngog over-saw that.

Slight relief when kuyt scored, i couldn't be bothered staying for another half an hour even if the match did start at 6pm!

Anyone see the crazy captain of Sparta mouthing of to the kop? I was on the other side so couldn't see what went on.

Today's game proved we were missing a striker, Kuyt lost his scoring ability the day he came to Liverpool, he's so used to chasing the ball out wide and creating chances he's forgotten how to be a forward, and N'gog, well... He really didn't prove why he should be at the club today.

With Saurez and/or Carroll in the team I could have seen it being 4 or 5 - 0, Liverpool didn't deserve to lose, like somebody were saying, Sparta Prague were abysmal at best and were lucky not to go home embaressed.
this was a game itching for that partnership, or at the very least, one of them playing

Anyone see the crazy captain of Sparta mouthing of to the kop? I was on the other side so couldn't see what went on.

Repka used to play for West ham, The kop appealed for a Penalty and repka turnt and tol then to stfu. well thats how the commentators reported it.

Repka an Carroll would of been a battle and a half haha.

A one sided battle(6)

Repka is poor, he's obviously captain on reputation not any actual footballing merit, from the two legs I've seen of him he's just an old, slow thug. Kinda like what Carragher would be if he had no footballing ability.

Repka used to play for West ham, The kop appealed for a Penalty and repka turnt and tol then to stfu. well thats how the commentators reported it.

Handball appeal, so he waved at the crowd, the crowd replied '****, ****, ****, ****'.

Did Vaclav Kadlec play, and if he did does he seem too have the potential like he does in FM?

Who was it that was greedy and hit a shot straight at the keeper instead of letting cole hit it?

A one sided battle(6)

Repka is poor, he's obviously captain on reputation not any actual footballing merit, from the two legs I've seen of him he's just an old, slow thug. Kinda like what Carragher would be if he had no footballing ability.

I thought Repka was fairly impressive. Granted he's slow, but he made a few crucial tackles and blocks, and marshalled N'Gog pretty well. Didn't get pushed around at all either.

Who was it that was greedy and hit a shot straight at the keeper instead of letting cole hit it?

That was the N'gog. Poor game today. I really do see SOME potential in him. He's not as bad as people think he is. His movement is good and he gets in the right positions, just needs to keep him composure. He's young, he's got time I think. He's not the next best thing but he's definitely not as bad as people say he is.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

That seems to be the way in lots of countries now to be honest, the good old solid tackle is going out the window

What about Carra's yellow ? Then 2 minutes after that some Sparta player wrapped their arm round ... can't remember player ... head and never got a booking. Shocking game by ref imo. Never let the game flow at all.

imo, Ngog was right to take the shot at the end as it seemed that cole had taken a heavy touch and he wouldnt have been able to have taken the shot. let alone score. If you look at it closely the ball was just getting away from him

That was the N'gog. Poor game today. I really do see SOME potential in him. He's not as bad as people think he is. His movement is good and he gets in the right positions, just needs to keep him composure. He's young, he's got time I think. He's not the next best thing but he's definitely not as bad as people say he is.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

What about Carra's yellow ? Then 2 minutes after that some Sparta player wrapped their arm round ... can't remember player ... head and never got a booking. Shocking game by ref imo. Never let the game flow at all.

Indeed very poor refereeing, kept blowing up every 30 seconds, and handing out yellow cards like tic-tac's.

soooo, i take it Pacheco didn't play?

ffs. Kenny's showing faith in every other youngster except Danny Pacheco, maybe he's not as good as we think? :/

Poulsen, Ngog, Lucas, were pretty poor today
Good to see Cole get 90, things can only get better with Caroll and Gerrard coming back, another clean sheet aswell :)