Liverpool vs Sparta Prague

Not the best performance but were through. Hopefully Agger and Kelly aren't out too long. Both very important.

Hurry back Carroll :)

Dan Agger is a class centre back. He's also a walking sicknote.

What you on about? 1 was stole off him by N'Gog an the other one was a late minute exhausted chance with loads of pressure.

oh its was from excitement from kuyt's goal so i thought that was joe cole...but that ''exhausted chance with loads of pressure''? that was a sitter and he should scored!

What the **** are people on about undeserved :S

we controlled the game, didnt create that much but it was easy all match near enough..
just because we didnt score shitloads dont mean we didnt deserve to win...
if sparta had won then it woulda been undeserved

Are you gonna tell me you had a good game? Come on, your whole team bar 2 or 3 players (Kelly, Kuyt, maybe Meireles) was well below expectations against a weaker team, playing at home. Cut the bias for a while and take a look at it from the outside.

Are you gonna tell me you had a good game? Come on, your whole team bar 2 or 3 players (Kelly, Kuyt, maybe Meireles) was well below expectations against a weaker team, playing at home. Cut the bias for a while and take a look at it from the outside.

He said it wasn't undeserved, what are you talking about. People say we didn't deserve to go through even though we won. If Sparta went through it would of been them who didn't deserve it.

Just because we don't have a good game doesn't mean it wasn't deserved. On the night (and over the two legs) we were the better side by a long way.

Don't see why everyone's having a moan at N'Gog as well.I thought he had a good game, he held the ball up well, brought others into the game, made some decent runs, got into some good positions, just a shame his finishing let him down.

He said it wasn't undeserved, what are you talking about. People say we didn't deserve to go through even though we won. If Sparta went through it would of been them who didn't deserve it.

Just because we don't have a good game doesn't mean it wasn't deserved. On the night (and over the two legs) we were the better side by a long way.

Don't see why everyone's having a moan at N'Gog as well.I thought he had a good game, he held the ball up well, brought others into the game, made some decent runs, got into some good positions, just a shame his finishing let him down.

There's a difference between winning and playing well. Thus, in my opinion, you didn't deserve to win. I'll repeat myself here, one would hope for more from Liverpool against Sparta.

And about N'Gog... well, I think we were watching different games.

There's a difference between winning and playing well. Thus, in my opinion, you didn't deserve to win. I'll repeat myself here, one would hope for more from Liverpool against Sparta.

Well SOMEbody had to win, and on balance over the tie it was most definitely Liverpool being the more enterprising of the two sides. Therefore, Liverpool deserved their victory.

So if we didn't deserve to win an neither did Sparta should they have just stopped the game and said thats it no one wins will play the game another time?

Maybe you should step back with your biased and realise winning is not always about deserving to win. How many times and you seen United scrape games they didn't deserve to win. Its what good sides do.

Well SOMEbody had to win, and on balance over the tie it was most definitely Liverpool being the more enterprising of the two sides. Therefore, Liverpool deserved their victory.

But hey, this is football, you either win, or you don't. "Deserving" count's for nothing when it comes to results :p
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because we certainly have a different concept of a "deserved" victory.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

So if we didn't deserve to win an neither did Sparta should they have just stopped the game and said thats it no one wins will play the game another time?

Maybe you should step back with your biased and realise winning is not always about deserving to win. How many times and you seen United scrape games they didn't deserve to win. Its what good sides do.

I think my selfquote answers you quite well, but just in case, my opinion is far from being biased, since I couldn't care less about the winner in this match, as I support neither, I just hoped to see a good match and was dissapointed.

There's a difference between winning and playing well.

Yes of course there is, I never said we played well. I just said we were the better team, which we clearly were to anyone watching. I will reiterate one more time for you, just because we were the better team it doesn't mean we played well.

So because we were the better team we therefore deserved to win. We didn't need to play scintillating football to deserve it. All we needed to do was play better than the opponent.

Just because we don't play to expectations it doesn't mean it's undeserved.

I think you were watching the game in your head. Similar to all of the games of Lucas people seem to have seen over the past two seasons. See the bad, ignore the good.

Liverpool scored a goal, won the match and the tie, how is that not deserved? :S

As for Pacheco i fear his time at Anfield has finished, i would expect him to leave in the summer, he needs football to develop but hes just left on the bench when he could be brought on to cause problems. I love having Kenny as the manager but he just dosnt make enough positive subs for me.

Yes of course there is, I never said we played well. I just said we were the better team, which we clearly were to anyone watching. I will reiterate one more time for you, just because we were the better team it doesn't mean we played well.

So because we were the better team we therefore deserved to win. We didn't need to play scintillating football to deserve it. All we needed to do was play better than the opponent.

Just because we don't play to expectations it doesn't mean it's undeserved.

I think you were watching the game in your head. Similar to all of the games of Lucas people seem to have seen over the past two seasons. See the bad, ignore the good.
its sounds so simple, and yet, people cant see this...