Liverpool's next manager?

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Just a thought, with Rafa looking to be on his way out, who do you think will take up the managers seat at Anfield? Who do you Liverpool fans want to take your club forward?

I have a sneak feeling that Roy Hodgson will be the guy to take up the challenge.

What about you guys?

There seems to be a lot of noise about Martin O'Neill in newsfeeds -- probably just BS -- wouldn't be suprised if Dalglish took it short term. If the owners are looking to sell, can't see the sense in appointing anyone long term.

I really do not know. Names will be flying about this summer, with Hodgson as a favourite but I don't see him leaving Fulham for Liverpool in the current difference in the state of both clubs. I just hope Liverpool get a solid manager who gets them back where they belong; in the top four. Seeing a club with this much history and such a big fanbase going down the pan would be horrible.

jesus! he's not even left yet lmao!
i mean, it could just be paper talk or nothing at all, the press love to get on Rafa's back.

Though, if he goes, i'm hoping this is a minor detail in a takeover of the club,
y'know, the new owners don't wanna be the bad guys and sack Rafa as their first move but maybe i've been dreaming too much!

Kenny for now until we get rid of the two parasites at the helm, then appoint a top class manager.

Erm... I could see Hodgson, O'Neill or Dalglish.

Not too sure but O'Neill would be the most likely for me.

Kenny for now until we get rid of the two parasites at the helm, then appoint a top class manager.
You make it sound all so easy, but it won't be. Who wants to buy Liverpool in the state it's in, and furthermore who wants to manage a team that could lose it's two world class players to help finances and then probably get barely any money to replace them with players not even half as good?

You make it sound all so easy, but it won't be. Who wants to buy Liverpool in the state it's in, and furthermore who wants to manage a team that could lose it's two world class players to help finances and then probably get barely any money to replace them with players not even half as good?
Kenny :wub::wub::wub:

Agreed.

They will have a very hard time finding a buyer and I can't see it happening until next year. A lot of managers would love to manage Liverpool but I can see the owner's being a big put off.

You could end up hiring someone unknown like on someone's story. XD

Martin O neil looks a probability and Roy Hodgson has shown this season that he can get results even with a dismal transfer budget

If (when) Benitez gets the boot and (if) Gerrard, Masch, Torres etc were to leave and major chunks of debt were relieved, I think Liverpool would garner plenty of interest from investors. Even though they have never won the Premier Division (in it's current format) Liverpool remain one of the biggest, most famous and most loved clubs throughout the world. If I had the money, I'd buy Liverpool before a lot of other clubs as their history and potential are immense. The may not be as successful as in years gone by, but they are still up there with Manchester United in terms of global fame.

your bestb hope as manager in the state ur in is john barnes lol he will do a good job ur in unofficial administration ne way

to the guy above, i applaud your spelling and grammar (A)

and Ride The Walrus - are you crazy? Kenny's been out of management for something like 15 years, a lot's changed since he was successfull, plus, why would he take over the a club and probably fail in the fans expectations and damage his reputation with said fans...

your bestb hope as manager in the state ur in is john barnes lol he will do a good job ur in unofficial administration ne way
Ha, we're a more consistent club. When these troubles are over, you will have to scathe more players like Beckford. Tata (A)

Kenny's been out of it for a while, but he would jump at the chance imo

Of the names mentioned, Hodgson is a good candicate. He has done wonders with Fulham, they aren't pretty but he is very effective with a small budget and seems to get more out of under achieving players. But he has said a few times he is happy at Fulham, he has little troubles there with no interference from above etc.

O'Neill is unhappy about not having finances at Aston Villa, despite often spending obscene amounts on average players. So other than the History of Liverpool I doubt there is much to tempt him, especially if Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres depart.

Kenny Dalglish would be the easiest option, isn't he already involved in some capacity with the club? He would appease the fans as he is a cult hero, but Newcstle tried that with Keegan and well he wasn't quite in tune with the modern game I think (although the board signing players behind his back wasn't right).

I think in the current state of Liverpool. Debts, fueding owners, top players considering their future and no big money to invest in new squad men....who would honestly risk it?

Back