Liverpool's next manager?

I bet Liverpool fans wish they had owners like Gold and Sullivan now.

he's leavin with 6million only time will tell who they get but i hope it will be done quick and lets hope they forget the old players like rush,king kenny you only have to look wat happened to keegan wen he came back he wasn't up to it anymore

Nope, we're trying to get him to take 3M and run. If he said no, but was sacked, the 16M would only be paid if he didn't get a job within a year, and interest is high.

I was sure I read today that Liverpool came out and said the 3m figure was a lot of bull?

Our two tumours wanted to replace Benitez with Klinsmann six months after they took over Kris. I'm sure the board will be putting all kinds of names out for the armchair fans to reassure them. But the key criteria will be a man willing to see £127 million worth of talent divested from the playing side (whether in current players' salaries/transfer fees or future transfers/wages or a combination of both) into paying off the part of the RBS debt which isn't secured on the owners' assets. We'll end up with a mediocre manager who'll be a short-term fall guy when Benitez isn't around to blame for why the owners are asset stripping the club.

Not sure when reality will hit some of the numpties who claim to support Liverpool. Perhaps it never will. In honesty, I wish most of them would go support Chelsea or Spurs or Man City rather than pretend that they have any feeling for my club.

Personally, I have a lot of respect for Roy Hodgson. He's polite and is always very respectful towards Liverpool. He's done a lot in his career and should be applauded for going abroad when many English managers don't. But his style of football is the antithesis of what Liverpool have been about for nearly sixty years. Graham Taylor did it in a more entertaining way with Watford back in the 80s and he's also a decent football man who I respect. I wouldn't want him managing us either.

I agree with you completely. The wee German's name might pop back up?

You could end up with Raymond Domenech.

I was sure I read today that Liverpool came out and said the 3m figure was a lot of bull?

£6 million compensation and a gagging clause is what I'm hearing.

I agree with you completely. The wee German's name might pop back up?

After his stint at Bayern, I'd hope that even our dumb board might not be keen any more. Man's the German Glenn Hoddle.

I'm taking bets that the sell-off will start this summer and the board will blame Benitez initially as they already tried to do with their initial leak to Maddock at the Mirror.

Marca reporting already that Gerrard sale will now go through for 30 million as the only obstacle to the deal was Rafa and the only obstacle to the price was Benitez wanting to haggle for more like he did with Alonso.

http://www.marca.com/2010/06/03/fut...9a56a39c955430aa99d6c27b0e56da08&t=1275585567

Silly, silly muppets who wanted him out.

How reliable is marca though really. XD
Weren't they the ones who had the interview with bernd schuster about how ronaldo would fit into the real madrid team and he didn't even end up leaving that summer or was that some other dodgy spanish newspaper.XD

I think maybe hodgson will get it.:$

How reliable is marca though really. XD
Weren't they the ones who had the interview with bernd schuster about how ronaldo would fit into the real madrid team and he didn't even end up leaving that summer or was that some other dodgy spanish newspaper.XD

I think maybe hodgson will get it.:$

They were right about Ronaldo though - the deal to sell him was done that summer even though he moved the one after. ;)

They're reliable as Real Madrid's mouthpiece. If they're reporting it, it's likely that someone in the hierarchy there has told them. How true it is depends on how reliable their source is.

They were right about Ronaldo though - the deal to sell him was done that summer even though he moved the one after. ;)

They're reliable as Real Madrid's mouthpiece. If they're reporting it, it's likely that someone in the hierarchy there has told them. How true it is depends on how reliable their source is.
you think reina would go as well? with rafa gone, mascherano is a dead cert to go, barca are eyeing up torres, and mourhino is virtually pawing at gerrard, it looks like a no brainer imo, but i'd hope im worng

you think reina would go as well? with rafa gone, mascherano is a dead cert to go, barca are eyeing up torres, and mourhino is virtually pawing at gerrard, it looks like a no brainer imo, but i'd hope im worng

Don't know mate. He's one of those players who has just fallen in love with the club, and it's reciprocated by the Kop. Man's already been the most outspoken of the players about the owners being the problem. If he leaves, it'll be because they're getting shut of him and not because he wants to, of that I'm positive.

Marca reporting already that Gerrard sale will now go through for 30 million as the only obstacle to the deal was Rafa and the only obstacle to the price was Benitez wanting to haggle for more like he did with Alonso.

http://www.marca.com/2010/06/03/fut...9a56a39c955430aa99d6c27b0e56da08&t=1275585567

Silly, silly muppets who wanted him out.

Can you really beileve a Spanish Newspaper? it is a Madrid based paper, used to promote Madrid. It has clearly seen a opening to stirr up more trouble. i know you are angry and furious, which i would be, but this paper cant be trusted. It has reported numerous BS stories over the years, Rooney to Madrid, Fabregas to Madrid, it also said they had agreed to sign Ribery( just signed a new long term deal with bayern) and Villa( signed for barca.)

I honestly thought Gerrard would of been off if Rafa stayed, no i am not so sure.

Can you really beileve a Spanish Newspaper? it is a Madrid based paper, used to promote Madrid. It has clearly seen a opening to stirr up more trouble. i know you are angry and furious, which i would be, but this paper cant be trusted. It has reported numerous BS stories over the years, Rooney to Madrid, Fabregas to Madrid, it also said they had agreed to sign Ribery( just signed a new long term deal with bayern) and Villa( signed for barca.)

I honestly thought Gerrard would of been off if Rafa stayed, no i am not so sure.

As I said, Marca are Real Madrid's mouth piece and I'd never trust them during a Madrid presidential election when every player of any note is touted as a signing by the various candidates.

It's not a secret that Madrid are sniffing around Gerrard. What's interesting about that story is the angle they're taking about why it's now more likely to happen this summer.

As I said, Marca are Real Madrid's mouth piece and I'd never trust them during a Madrid presidential election when every player of any note is touted as a signing by the various candidates.

It's not a secret that Madrid are sniffing around Gerrard. What's interesting about that story is the angle they're taking about why it's now more likely to happen this summer.

i just think that angle is rubbish, it was just an oppurtunity to sell a story, only reason there is a hold up with any transfer, is The World Cup, Capello isnt going to let any of his players, discuss a move with any club during the next 5 weeks or so. They why Milner hasnt left yet, Cole has got a club yet and gerrard hasnt sorted his future. Just Paper ****.

i just think that angle is rubbish, it was just an oppurtunity to sell a story, only reason there is a hold up with any transfer, is The World Cup, Capello isnt going to let any of his players, discuss a move with any club during the next 5 weeks or so. They why Milner hasnt left yet, Cole has got a club yet and gerrard hasnt sorted his future. Just Paper ****.

He is quite right Fabio would not allow them to move during the WC at all will kill the dressing room morale and spirit and the player will be thinking more about that than winning the WC

Back