I've got the English, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese leagues loaded and I'm currently managing Andorinha in the Portuguese Second Division North. Needless to say I've got nonexistent funds and very few unattached players are willing to join me in my unholy quest or at least that was the case until I found Grêmio Anápolis, a team from what I guess must be the Second Division somewhere in Brazil where most of the players are at least fringe Premier League material and youngsters en route to semi-greatness and they're all super duper delighted to join my team.

Which makes me think this is probably considered one of those à lá Reunion LLM no-nos right? I mean, I didn't load any of the Brazilian Leagues but.. I don't know, what do you all purists reckon? Cause I must admit it's getting very tempting right now.

I've got the English, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese leagues loaded and I'm currently managing Andorinha in the Portuguese Second Division North. Needless to say I've got nonexistent funds and very few unattached players are willing to join me in my unholy quest or at least that was the case until I found Grêmio Anápolis, a team from what I guess must be the Second Division somewhere in Brazil where most of the players are at least fringe Premier League material and youngsters en route to semi-greatness and they're all super duper delighted to join my team.

Which makes me think this is probably considered one of those à lá Reunion LLM no-nos right? I mean, I didn't load any of the Brazilian Leagues but.. I don't know, what do you all purists reckon? Cause I must admit it's getting very tempting right now.

Ultimately it's down to you how you play the game. The Reunion thing is frowned upon because its clear that IRL they aren't actually particularly good footballers, and everyone loaded them purely as an exploit.

I see no reason why buying some young Brazilians for a Portuguese team should be considered cheating. I imagine players from Brazils lower leagues move to smaller Portuguese teams quite often IRL anyway.

hey ive been playin FM since FM06 and ive always played in the lower leagues because, to me, it makes the game more interesting and realistic, ive only recently heard of LLM, but anyway wat i want to know is what exactly is the 'no reunion players' rule??

if ive not been following this rule itl feel like im cheatin lol

if anyone cud explain it to me id be grateful

cheers :)

hey ive been playin FM since FM06 and ive always played in the lower leagues because, to me, it makes the game more interesting and realistic, ive only recently heard of LLM, but anyway wat i want to know is what exactly is the 'no reunion players' rule??

if ive not been following this rule itl feel like im cheatin lol

if anyone cud explain it to me id be grateful

cheers :)

Reunion isn't renowned as being a hotbed of footballing talent in real life.

But on FM, if you were to load all players from Reunion, you would find there are quite a few players who are not only willing to come to any club, even clubs as low as tier 9 and 10, but who also will play for almost no wages.

Combine that fact with their statistical ability; most of them are good enough for league 2 and some even league 1, and they all hold French passports meaning no work permits.

All in all most people regard it as a bit of an exploit to gain a very unfair advantage.

o rite rite, naw ive never done that, that really would feel like cheatin lol

cheers jake

I am new to the Football Manager series so have been facing some issues while learning the game but my major issue right now is being unable to hire an Assistant Coach. I was hired by Grimsby Town in the Blue Square Bet Premier league and am about to start my first full season with them.

So the board has allowed me 11 coaches to hire and I currently have 6, along with the right to hire 1 AC which I don't have at the moment. I am also under my allowed budget by about $150,000 (sorry for the $ values but I am from the States).

When I offer someone the job as AC they always ask for $45,000 for one season but the board only lets me offer as much as $41,500 and the people I interview won't budge from their $45,000 amount even if they have no experience as a coach or AC so I am stuck. When I go to talk to the board about adding more finances they won't allow it and I can only ask to add another Physio even though I don't need any of those and I have plenty of open coaching positions available. Any ideas on what I can do to hire an AC?

I am new to the Football Manager series so have been facing some issues while learning the game but my major issue right now is being unable to hire an Assistant Coach. I was hired by Grimsby Town in the Blue Square Bet Premier league and am about to start my first full season with them.

So the board has allowed me 11 coaches to hire and I currently have 6, along with the right to hire 1 AC which I don't have at the moment. I am also under my allowed budget by about $150,000 (sorry for the $ values but I am from the States).

When I offer someone the job as AC they always ask for $45,000 for one season but the board only lets me offer as much as $41,500 and the people I interview won't budge from their $45,000 amount even if they have no experience as a coach or AC so I am stuck. When I go to talk to the board about adding more finances they won't allow it and I can only ask to add another Physio even though I don't need any of those and I have plenty of open coaching positions available. Any ideas on what I can do to hire an AC?

You could try offering one of your current coaches the job as your assistant.

You could try offering one of your current coaches the job as your assistant.

Thanks for the input Jake. It took a bit of negotiating, which fell apart with the first coach I tried to promote, but I eventually got my Youth Coach/Player to take the job which works out since they were going to retire after the season anyway.

Hi I am currently playing as Blyth Spartans 6 games into the season. I had a good start to the season in the pre-season and winning my first three games now I have lost three games in a row anyway I could make my teams form/morale pick up? I have been going angry or telling them they have been embarrassing after I have lost is that a good idea?(only if its a game I should have one though) I know its still early days but maybe It's my tactics? I'm playing a 4-4-2 Is there any other tactics someone recommends :p

Don't tell me to sign anyone as I'm trying to see how far I can get relying on the players that were at the squad when I arrived an bringing up younger players.

Thanks for any help :)

It's early in the season mate, make sure the tactic is on Match Preperation, and that you have a back-up plan if you start losing :). Also try and encourage your team :)

Can anybody give me any general tactical advice for the lower leagues?

Keep it simple mate, don't go around confusing your players, and giving them complex things that they can't do, ie. More Direct passing with centre mid's passing stat around 2. Keep it simple, buy well, have a few back-up tactics, and enjoy the save :)

ARRRGGHHH STRESS!! My team is so so so inconsistant!

Im playing as Cambridge. I took them over in October in about 19th place and now find myself in 17th.

I play a 442 away and a 4312 at home (with the one being a right winger on inside forward)

Standard defence, with a ball playing defender as he has the stats for it.
Midfield is either a flat 4 with two wingers or as above, with a ball winner in defense and a central mid on support
Forwards. I have two amazing forwards. One is set to target man as hes perfect for it and the other is a complete forward because that is exactly what he is.

Rigid mentality with roaming. All others standard apart from my home tatic being attacking.

Here is what is really annoying me; I tweak my tatic and win 3-4 games in a row before losing 3-4 in a row then finding the correct tweak and doing the same all over again.

Why can't I find any consistency?

Edit:
I forgot to say that I have a very strong team. My central def is a little weak. I have Robbie ****** Savage in midfield!

Last edited:
hi, i'm planning to start unemployed..but i have only few leagues in mind..

i have indonesia to pick which is my country, and south korea for asia..

and i want to add more leagues..so it will be more interesting...i hope

so can anyone suggest me more leagues to pick..

i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong place to ask..

i'm still new in this forum btw..

cheers

Last edited:
Im about to start a BSS game to attempt to take a nothing team to be prem side (typical ambition) i typically sell/release all players, i dont know what team to chose (any advice would be helpful) also i allready have a formation that works but i have allways found it difficult to find players for this formation any lower then L2

my formation is
RB/CB/CB/LB (all my defenders have to be able to tackle/head/mark/jump to a decent level)
DM(basicly a defender that can pref pass)
RM/LM (typical wingers decent drib skillls and crossing though if they have pace im not to fussed about crossing)
AMC (pretty much a forward who can pass)
ST/ST (drib skills is the priority must have decent finishing and a decent pace)
any tips would be helpfull :)

i expect this is in the wrong place but i wasnt sure where else to put it this is also my first propper LLM save on FM11

I cannot find a good formation for my Dover.

I've scraped 1 win and then lost 5-1. My defence and GK are poor and my attack isn't lethal either.

anything I can do?

i need help!!! just won back to back promotions with wrexham from BSP to league 2 and now im in league one. my tactic has been succesful in the previous division but now i find myself rock bottom of league 1 after 13 games :( anybody got any tips they can give me? im relatively new to LLM so please any advice will be taken on board :D