Lok1to

Reaction score
NEW CONCEPT 3-1-4-2

A MORE DIRECT APPROACH AND WITH THE STRIKERS SCORING LOTS OF GOALS

Well friends i have a christmas present (or not :D) for you. The tactic i´m playing in my current save in Crystal Palace and that i´m enjoying very much, so i believe some of you like 3 defenders formations, so why don´t you give it a go.
Well like i said, i was using this tactic just to enjoy the game and my idea wasn´t to share this, but after receiving a lot of PM asking for this, im going to share with you all. :)
I wasn´t going to create a new thread, but a lot of people were confused about the tactic, sending me PM and they were right, tbh this has nothing to do with GUARDIOLA CONCEPT, so with a new thread is more easy for those who felt confused.
The idea is the same, help someone or give ideas to those who want to tweak it ! Peace and ggs

HCQQTFP.png

OxABQlR.png

V0pH2Oh.png

I use this OI´s, but it might work without them, tbh i didn´t try that ! :p

Look at the colors
Pé Mais Fraco = Weaker Foot

HINTS

• Inside the game, in the tactic description, there are some ideas about how to use it.
  • Train a lot of Def. Positioning, Team Cohesion and Attacking Movement.
  • In individual training, train the players for the roles they are playing.
  • Quick CB and WINGERS ( try to have the two kinds of wingers, defending and attacking)
  • DON´T FORGET TO BE DYNAMIC and try to have an happy squad
  • Change between ATTACK (sometimes i use high tempo), COUNTER (to maintain a lead, even using CONTAIN sometimes) and OVERLOAD (with high tempo) !!
  • Use in game team talks ( encourage in aways games and concentrate in home games)

TRAINING

PRE SEASON and FIRST PART OF THE SEASON (until December)

TWO WEEKS OF FITNESS TRAINING ( LOW and AVERAGE)

iMm86Er.png

SECOND PART OF THE SEASON (sometimes i use Ball Control, Attacking and Team Cohesion)

2aElXnQ.png

Use DEF. POSITIONING against stronger teams and Att. Movement against weaker teams, keep in mind your ***. MAN. instructions aswell.

Don´t forget to train all players to their individual roles, this is very important !!!

Like i said i don´t know if i works with everyone, i know it´s working for me, with these set of players.
Im still doing some testing and if i change something il update it.

Some screens !!!

Qjbv1Qu.png

2Gajfhs.png

nOcERuR.png

Hs8f07r.png

XArhTEw.png

3Kw1ytC.png

Nqg1XTj.png

iZCgia2.png

o2V2VOr.png

K8JtYKO.png

bozC4c1.png

ZCrLNjO.png

48plzoK.png

QiPcR0V.png

FlYRYZB.png

acoicK7.png

From user macgyver0

2emmuf4.jpg

From user Robelink

Y66nPSo.png

From user kallemannen

RGQoHBd.jpg

Well here it is, hope u all like it !! :)

3-1-4-2 (for 15.2 version)

DOWNLOAD

Original tactic, more fluid and direct !!!

3-1-4-2 ( Structured and with Very High Defensive Line) (for 15.2 version)
THIS IS THE ONE I´M USING RIGHT NOW.
I BELIEVE THIS IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL VERSION, BUT LIKE I SAID, IT DEPENDS IN THE TYPE OF PLAYERS YOU HAVE.

DOWNLOAD

The tactic i´m using right now. The team has a more supported play, but still with high tempo and verticality. The Structured mentality gives it more compactness and may work well in some teams. If you feel that the D-LINE is very high, you can change that.

3-1-4-2 High+Risk (Structured High Pressing and Overload) (for 15.2 version)
DOWNLOAD

More offensive tactic. To use when you feel you need to press more and play a more fast paced football. I use it when i need a goal, it asphyxiates the opposition and sometimes crushes them, but it´s very high risk so it may tire the team more fast, use it when you need to.

PUT THE CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS TAKING THE CORNERS !!

Set pieces is not my thing because i like to score goals from normal play, so i don´t like to lose much time with that, but i inserted here the pl3rious setup. Thanks bro.

Last edited:
Hey Lokito.
I just needed to be patient with the defence. It works like a charm now, but at lost 0-4 til Man City in the CHL, but i guess that just shows the way it goes.
The F9 i insane in this tactic!!

Do you rotate the match traning when you are favorite or underdog?
Do you have the regular training on BALANCED?

Yes defense must be blended to work, but i believe that with training you will see it improving.
I usually train def positioning against stronger teams and in other games i do what ***. Man. says !

I usually use:

Team Cohesion and Tactics in pre season and first half of the season then i change to Balanced or Ball Control during the rest of the season, but when i see the team is lacking Cohesion, i change it again to Team Cohesion and so on, and so on ! :)

How is this rocking on the latest patch? I used your first FM15 tactic with bolton and it was superb but felt that it faded away a bit as the patches updated. Will give this one a whirl later tonight.

How do you see if the team is lacking team cohesion? By the mood of the players? :)
Sorry for all the questions dude :)

How is this rocking on the latest patch? I used your first FM15 tactic with bolton and it was superb but felt that it faded away a bit as the patches updated. Will give this one a whirl later tonight.

It is working great for me and a lot of people, all those results are in 15.2 ! :)
Let me know if u tried it ! ;)

How do you see if the team is lacking team cohesion? By the mood of the players?
smile.gif

Sorry for all the questions dude
smile.gif

No problemo m8, ask if u have any doubt.
When they feel disconnected from each other and the results aren´t coming. When u buy a new player you should always train Team Cohesion, when u buy two players, u must train Team Cohesion, when u buy 34248239 players u are obligated to train Team Cohesion or FM will kill you !! I think you got the point bro ! :p

Last edited:
I get it dude. ;)
Thank you very much. Will update u, when the season is done :)

hey lokito do you think that depay, sterling and lamela will peform well in this tactic as winger? and another quick question do you change D-Line dependig on opponents reports? example in my save chelsea plays long balls but united doesnt do yo recommend to changing it? thanks in advice

Last edited:
hey lokito do you think that depay, sterling and lamela will peform well in this tactic as winger? and another quick question do you change D-Line dependig on opponents reports? example in my save chelsea plays long balls but united doesnt do yo recommend to changing it? thanks in advice

I don´t change D-LINE ever, never tried it tbh, i use COUNTER strategy lots of times against top teams and the team seems more balanced.
My idea with the high pressing, was to avoid the space between lines ( Midfield and Defense) so their positioning should be more close to each other and with compact sectors. If you train well your CD players, with a lot of def. positioning and give PPM´s to stay behind, you will see that they will be more effective in defense.
Of course that you will concede goals with long passes, this is footbal, it´s normal, but if you change the D-LINE, you may suffer even more as there will be more space in dangerous areas. Bro it´s all a matter of dynamic, but you could try it i you want, it might work for you ! :)

I AM ON PATCH 15.1.4 NOT 15.2!!!
As you have created a new thread Lokito I thought I would share an updated SS of my results using this tactic:

[url]http://postimg.org/image/e9zw1a2kd/

[/URL]Without a shadow of any doubt my stand out result is 5-0 away win at Man ******...I changed the match training to "Teamwork" as I bought some new players in the Jan transfer window and you can see the difference in performances straight away! I got 3-0 up against City and changed to "Counter" mentality...they hardly had a sniff!

Hi Lok1to ;)
you may not believe but i'm using this formation with my new tactic that is in alpha version. The positions are the same, the only diferences are the players roles :D
I'm happy that i'm not the only one working with this kind of formation :p
keep the good work mate ;)

Last edited:
I AM ON PATCH 15.1.4 NOT 15.2!!!As you have created a new thread Lokito I thought I would share an updated SS of my results using this tactic:http://postimg.org/image/e9zw1a2kd/Without of a shadow on any doubt my stand out result is 5-0 away win at Man ******...I changed the match training to "Teamwork" as I bought some new players in the Jan transfer window and you can see the difference in performances straight away! I got 3-0 up against City and changed to "Counter" mentality...they hardly had a sniff!

Can´t see the SS bro !

only Chelsea are above me in the league and they haven't lost yet haha

Ha, just tried attacking movement at Home for the first time...

View image: Arsenal v Aston Villa Pitch Full

Not a bad first 25mins,ha! Sorry Villa!

EDIT:

Half time:

View image: Arsenal v Aston Villa Home Tactics Team Talk

Hahahahahahaha!!

Full time in my match with Villa...first time i've ever used attacking movement match prep in any match:

View image: Arsenal v Aston Villa Home Tactics Team Talk 2

First ever 10 rating in FM15 and also first ever double figured scoreline...BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

That Arsenal is smashing everyone ! :D

only Chelsea are above me in the league and they haven't lost yet haha

Good bro, so they are going to have lose their first game, against...Tottenham ! :D

Training ?

PRE SEASON and FIRST PART OF THE SEASON (until December)

TWO WEEKS OF FITNESS TRAINING ( LOW and AVERAGE)

iMm86Er.png

SECOND PART OF THE SEASON (sometimes i use Ball Control, Attacking and Team Cohesion)

2aElXnQ.png

Use DEF. POSITIONING against stronger teams and Att. Movement against weaker teams, keep in mind your ***. MAN. instructions aswell.

This combined with the close and overload possession tactics in the three slots is a very powerful suite of tactics! When the opponent midfield is packed I use the close possession but tick play wider and exploit flanks and untick play narrower to give me the open possession tactic! This allows me to be covered for all eventualities.

Playing a a career save and after spells with championship clubs and one year with Tottenham where I took them out of the relegation zone and into the champions league I have finally arrived at Ajax where I have been aiming to be all along. Had to wait for Frank De Boer to take the Arsenal job! Now with these tactics and the incredible youth talent at Ajax I can feel a Dutch dynasty returning. Trying to win the Champions league in the next few years with these kids will be an enjoyable challenge. Thanks for these they are great and provide a patch proof base to tinker with.

Top man.

This combined with the close and overload possession tactics in the three slots is a very powerful suite of tactics! When the opponent midfield is packed I use the close possession but tick play wider and exploit flanks and untick play narrower to give me the open possession tactic! This allows me to be covered for all eventualities.

Playing a a career save and after spells with championship clubs and one year with Tottenham where I took them out of the relegation zone and into the champions league I have finally arrived at Ajax where I have been aiming to be all along. Had to wait for Frank De Boer to take the Arsenal job! Now with these tactics and the incredible youth talent at Ajax I can feel a Dutch dynasty returning. Trying to win the Champions league in the next few years with these kids will be an enjoyable challenge. Thanks for these they are great and provide a patch proof base to tinker with.

Top man.

Very good challenge you have there m8 with Ajax. Tbh i don´t know for sure if the GUARDIOLA CONCEPT tactics are working, as i spent more time playing with this one, but some friends tell me that is still working with some management.
What you are doing with the play wider and exploit the flanks, is exactly the same idea in the OPEN POSSESSION (just created that for those people that couldn´t understand the idea) but personally i usually was doing those changes manually during matches. This system is different from possession, it also keeps the ball, but the team tries to be more vertical in their movements. Keep giving update about your adventure. ggs :)