London XI v Manchester XI v Liverpool XI

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 6K

Best team?

• Total voters
London XI:

Thought I'd do mine on more current form rather than ability.

Cech
Sagna - Dawson - Terry - Cole
Song - Modric
RVP - Fabregas - Nasri
Drogba

Subs:
Schwarzer
Hangeland
Lampard
Nasri
Zamora
Parker
Bale

Unsure about my choice of Fabregas if I am honest. Very hard to pick.

Seamus Coleman instead of Neville?

Good shout - but better offensively than defensively?

Reina

Johnson - Jagielka - Agger - Baines

Lucas - Gerrard

Coleman - Arteta - Suarez

Carroll​

I know it seems crazy to leave out Cahill (esp. with Baines on the pitch).. Maybe he'd take Carroll's place up front but I think it's a waste of Arteta playing him anywhere but AMC tbh. Coleman is a wonderful little player.

My Teams :)

London XI (4-1-2-2-1
------------------

Cech
Sagna Terry Dawson Cole
Parker
Fabregas Modric
Bale...............Walcott
Drogba

Manchester XI (4-3-3
------------------------
Van der Sar
Rafael Vidic Kompany Evra
Scholes Yaya Milner

Johnson Hernandez Rooney

Liverpool XI (4-4-2
---------------------
Reina
Johnson Jageilka Agger Baines

Arteta Gerarrd Lucas Kuyt
Suarez Carroll

Unsure about my choice of Fabregas if I am honest. Very hard to pick.

He's been quite inconsistent tbf - I think he's coming back into form now. He said on twitter that physically, he felt his best since getting injured vs Stoke and he was brilliant vs Blackpool and Spurs. Think against Liverpool he was better than people thought tbh.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

My Teams :)

London XI (4-1-2-2-1
------------------

Cech
Sagna Terry Dawson Cole
Parker
Fabregas Modric
Bale...............Walcott
Drogba

Firstly, Calum - that's 4-3-3.

Secondly - why the **** are Bale and Walcott on opposite wings to their natural positions?

Im going based on this seasons performances (WITH EXCEPTION OF THE MANAGER):​
My London Side:
CECH
IVANOVIC - TERRY - DJOUROU - A. COLE
RAMIRES - WILSHERE - LAMPARD
VAN PERSIE - DROGBA - BALE

MANAGER: ARSENE WENGER
SUBS: SZEZCNY (SP)
LUIZ
DAWSON
MODRIC
NASRI
LENNON
ANELKA

My Manchester Side:
VDS
RAFAEL - VIDIC - KOMPANY - KOLOROV
SCHOLES - DE JONG - YAYA TOURE
JOHNSON - TEVEZ - NANI

MANAGER: SIR ALEX FERGUSON
SUBS: HART
FERDINAND
EVRA
FLETCHER
GIGGS
BERBATOV
HERNANDEZ

My Merseyside Side:
REINA
KELLY - JAGIELKA - DISTIN - BAINES
MEIRELES - LUCAS - COLEMAN
CAHILL
SUAREZ - CARROLL

MANAGER: DAVID MOYES
SUBS: HOWARD
CARRAGHER
HEITINGA
SPEARING
GERRARD
BECKFORD
KUYT

^ How can you not even have Rooney on the bench?

Guessing you don't like West Ham, or the football writers player of the year?

Because hes form has just come back recently. For me both Berba and Hernandez have had a better season than Rooney.

Not sure how you can include Ramires then.. He wasn't very good for most of the first half of the season esp. considering his price-tag. Think Song's been better tbh. (Why no Essien?)

Also Lampard - through not entirely his own fault, he's been fairly poor at times this season.

Not sure how you can include Ramires then.. He wasn't very good for most of the first half of the season esp. considering his price-tag. Think Song's been better tbh. (Why no Essien?)

Also Lampard - through not entirely his own fault, he's been fairly poor at times this season.

Ramires has been good since November. When we went through our bad patch he was the only one who looked half decent and Essien has had a pretty poor season by his standards. Even a half fit Lampard is a good Lampard, reached double figures again this season and he missed most of the start.

Im loling at utd fans wanting fletcher in, hes not even got half the class of yaya or de jong. I went for manchester because of a tiny bit of bias but at the same time i thought it was better in overall player to player

Im loling at utd fans wanting fletcher in, hes not even got half the class of yaya or de jong. I went for manchester because of a tiny bit of bias but at the same time i thought it was better in overall player to player

Pretty sure only Ronan has said he wants Fletcher in - and that's because Fletcher is his God.

Pretty sure only Ronan has said he wants Fletcher in - and that's because Fletcher is his God.

Most suggestions outside of De Jong have been Scholes. Even with Fletcher - Manchester XI are guaranteed at least one dirty ****** in midfield ;)

Because hes form has just come back recently. For me both Berba and Hernandez have had a better season than Rooney.

Then you have included Johnson who barely played..

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Something is not right there. Class and DeJong in the same sentence? No ******* way..

i think mixed liverpool/everton squad would edge this encounter...we tend to do well against big teams :D

Back