Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes a small update;)

PRE-SEASON NEWS
New appointed Victor Fernandez got a really stirring up pre season performance.His boys saw defeating:
Atletico Madrid v Atletico 'B' - 3-0(Forlan,Aguero,Assuncao)
Ponferaddina v Atletico Madrid - 1-4(Simao(2x),Aguero,Forlan)
FCV Dender v Atletico Madrid 0-2 (Forlan,Boriello)
Atletico Madrid v De Graafschap 3-0 (Aguero(3x))
Napoli - Atletico Madrid 1-2 (Aguero(2x))

But the first real challenge is waiting Victor Fernandez at next month , when he'll have his first real test against Panathinaikos in ChampCupBestPlacedPlayoffs.
That's what newly-appointed manager said about pre-season to a reporter from The Sun:
I don't think that we had a real hard challenge in our pre-season meating..Maybe just VS a Napoli side,who is much weaker then we are.But players gained some motivation,and I'm expecting from them nothing less then 2 victories over Panathinaikos.
When we asked about his new signing Marco Boriello
boriello.jpg

he said these words
:I think Boriello is an outstanding player and perfectly fits in our team.That's why I signed him.I'm happy he got first goal ever for Atletico Madrid and i hope to see more from him.
And what are you going to say about departure of Reyes?
reyes2.jpg

Yes,Reyes is a good player,but 50k euro for him every week? Pff. I just prefer to Milan pay this.;)And also we needed some cash after purchasing Boriello.So here it came.Thanks all,conferense is up - it took a lot of time already.

My Best Player Of The Pre-Season
Definitely,it is Sergio Aguero by far.He scored 7 goals in 5 matches so far,and i look him to continue his form.
aguero-stays.jpg

Last edited:
looks good mate

Will be waiting for the season update

..So,it was going to be a tough month and a half,as Atletico Madrid had 2 matches with Panathinaikos in Best Placed Playoffs for Champions Cup, and also 7 seven matches in september,..

a small update now,will be making a big one in 1-2 hours :p
So,the first real challenge for Victor Sanchez Fernandez has come.Firstly,an away match..

Pre-match press conference from Victor Fernandez:
Welcome all,we can begin.Who wants to ask the first question?
Thank you,Victor. So,what you think about your first really hard match?
I don't really think that Panathinaikos can be a real thread for us,but we will not underestimate them.​
And what would you say-who is going to be the most important player in this match?
I think,Aguero\Boriello\Forlan are the three most important players for us.If they will be in form - nothing can stop us.​
So you think that you will go past them to the group matches?
Yes.We will give them no chances and try to get this by first match already.
And here came the first match..
View attachment 77061
My comments about the match:I think we deserved this win. The match started fantastically for us as Boriello scored a nice header at only 3rd minute. Just 17 minutes later,we got it to 2-0 , my favourite Aguero have scored his first,our second goal in this match.But i really disappointed,when we got the goal against.An error by Joel(Asenjo was injured)let them to score. But we got scored once more,this time by Antonio Lopez,our left winger. I am happy with the victory and will be looking for second match against Panathinaikos at Vicente Calderon.

I will not be talking about second match.I will just post a screenshot and shut up.Panathinaikos deserved their win,they were just superior,as we just waited for ball to get in our net.A brace from Joel helped us - it's because of him it was only 2-0.I'm happy we made it to the groups.
View attachment 77067
The last match of this month was my first match in La Liga vs Tenerife.I'm glad we started with 3 points.
View attachment 77068

Last edited:
A Hard Month
I always knew it won't be easy..But SO hard? Yes,we aren't playing with Barca or R.Madrid in September,but Deportivo,Racing and others?And also,take a look at our ECC group,man! WHAT THE FU?!I think,the hardest group on this cup this year. We must face FC Bayern,CSKA Moscow and RedBull Salzburg..I am full of hope that we can complete this group at least in second place,what will grant us a qualification.

Here goes some screenshots and a little comments on them.
12.09.09...Atletico Madrid 5-3 Deportivo La Coruna | La Liga.Round 2
View attachment 77102
I can't say anything other then it was a goal glut.A 5-3 confident win over a rival?This was what we needed.Also,players gained some morale for next Salzburg european clash,and i am goint to next match full of confidence.

15.09.09..RedBull Salzburg 2-3 Atletico Madrid | ECC.Group Stages.
View attachment 77106
Oh..What can I say.Just 3 days after Deportivo match.A nice start at ECC group stages with a win against a strong team.I am happy that our 4-3-3 tactic is working , and also i am much more happier because of good start in both La Liga and ECC.

20.09.09..Racing 0-3 Atletico Madrid | La Liga.Round 3
View attachment 77107
Forlan,Forlan,Forlan.I just can't find his errors.He was pretty cool today,finishing the match with a hattrick and winning a game for us.

23.09.09..Atletico Madrid 3-0 Almeria | La Liga.Round 4
View attachment 77104
Looks like we are maintaining our form.How much can we hold this?..

27.09.09..Sporting 2-3 Atletico Madrid | La Liga.Round 5
View attachment 77105
I always knew that Sporting are a good team at home.But not so..I'm happy the lads were concentrated and got this one for themselves..5 consecutive wins in La Liga..Not bad for a newbie,huh?

30.09.09..Atletico Madrid 1-1 FC Bayern | ECC.Group Stages
View attachment 77103
FC Bayern..The strongest team in the group.It was close.I am happy we got 1 point from it.

How are we going in League and ECC:
View attachment 77109View attachment 77110

Last edited:
Oh no I forgot to say you said you needed 2 new wingers, so where does Simao play after you got Boriello? Is he still in your lineup and am I just mis-interpreting what you said yesterday :p

Oh no I forgot to say you said you needed 2 new wingers, so where does Simao play after you got Boriello? Is he still in your lineup and am I just mis-interpreting what you said yesterday :p

Yep,I need 2 wingers. Simao is still in team after a save-crash,so,i need a partner for him and an adequate cover.
So..
I asked Board for more money ;) Now got 8.5m) Any suggests?

Last edited:
Ohh! And I'd go for Krivets? Could do the job as a backup and like before Borinello (sp)

EDIT: Or Di Maria on monthly installments

I would try to have aguero or forlan as a complete forward (Support) and then the other one as a complete forward (Attack) then in between them have boriello as a target man.
Worked like a tread except i had Dzeko instead of Boriello.

I just think that Agueros talent is a bit wasted with the Poacher doodie.

Last edited:
I would try to have aguero or forlan as a complete forward (Support) and then the other one as a complete forward (Attack) then in between them have boriello as a target man.
Worked like a tread except i had Dzeko instead of Boriello.

oh,well,gonna give it a try when i play with Xerez.If works well,will go on.Thx for following mate;) I'm happy it is interesting.) And I hope u will be following forward)

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

an update coming soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.