LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

SeanKeaney

Reaction score
From Lille to Chelsea - A Sean Keaney Story.

View attachment 293143

LOSC Lille announce Sean Keaney as new manager

Lille announce the departure of Rene Girard after 2 years at the helm. The club have cited his poor relationship with the chairman as the reason for this departure. They have hired rookie manager Sean Keaney on a one-year contract. This is seen as a risky appointment by the French media as Sean has no experience in management.

Can Keaney bring Lille back to their glory days and win their first Ligue 1 title since 2011?

View attachment 293153

View attachment 293156
Stade Pierre-Mauroy (capacity: 49,834)

Home Kit 14/15

View attachment 293914

Away Kit 14-15
View attachment 293913

Third Kit 14-15
View attachment 293912

Last edited:
History & Overview

View attachment 293140

Lille OSC have won the Ligue 1 on 3 occasions - 1945-46, 1953-54 and most recently in 2010-11. They have also won the Coupe de France on 6 occasions, again most recently in 2011.

The task facing Sean Keaney is to match or succeed the success the club had in the Rudi Garcia days. That team was of course blessed with the likes of Eden Hazard, Yohan Cabaye and Gervinho.

Keaney has picked out 4 players which he feels could be key for him this season;

Vincent Enyeama (GK)
View attachment 293995

Simon Kjaer (CB)
View attachment 293994

Rio Mavuba (CM)
View attachment 293993

Divock Origi (ST) on loan from Liverpool
View attachment 293992

After having a look of the complete squad it's clear to Keaney that he needs wingers, wingers and more wingers.. He will be adopting a 4-3-3 formation to start of with and a severe lack of wingers needs to be addressed.

View attachment 293587

Here are the expectations for the season. Pretty steep if you ask me but I'm confident we can achieve what the board have set. Personally I'd be happy with a decent cup run, a champions league place via the league and a decent run in Europe.

View attachment 293581

Last edited:
Transfer Signings

View attachment 293139

LOSC Lille announce 3 signings

Manager Sean Keaney addressed the lack of wingers in his squad by signing Brazilian winger/forward Marion after some extensive scouting research. He also signed up Jordon Ibe on loan from Liverpool and Ryder Matos on loan from Fiorentina.

Speaking about these signings Keaney said;
"Jordon will be a fantastic capture for this club and hopefully he can propel us to new heights in his season on loan here. We have a strong relationship with Liverpool so we used our links to get him in despite plenty of other interest. Ryder has been bought in primarily as back-up but there is always a chance to break into the fist team if he impresses.

We did a lot of scouting work on Marion so we hope it pays off. It's always a risk signing a player who has never played in Europe before but we believe we may have uncovered a star in the making."

Marion
View attachment 293586

Jordon Ibe (season loan)

View attachment 293585

Ryder Matos (season loan)
View attachment 293584

Last edited:
Recep - Friendlies and Transfer Overview

View attachment 293138

Now for an overview of my transfer activity and my friendly results. I always let my assistant manager handle my friendlies so I can focus on recruitment and setting formation for the coming season.

View attachment 293580

I've already covered my transfers in a previous post, nothing major outgoing either.

View attachment 293579
View attachment 293578

All in all a solid pre-season, only letting in the one goal and a good win against a very good Valencia side. Confidence in the squad is good with the season just around the corner.

We start off with a Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round tie with Grasshopper Club Zurich

Last edited:
Looking good!

Can't wait for an update:)

EDIT: A little more text in each post, your thoughts about the games etc would be nice!

Grasshoppers v Lille (1st Leg)

View attachment 293137

We got an interesting draw, I don't know much about Grasshoppers but with the away leg coming first I'd be happy with a score draw as I'm confident we can get the job done in Lille.

View attachment 293576
View attachment 293575

This management lark is easy aint it?

Couldn't believe this result. Everything fell into place perfectly! Fantastic result and performances from the whole team but there were of course some standouts. Jordon Ibe and Ryan Mendes de Graca were phenomenal on the wings.

Not bad for my first game in management. We have more than one foot in the next qualifying round now!

I mentioned Jordon Ibe had a blinder, he got 3 goals and 3 assists on his debut, truly sensational!

View attachment 293574

Onto the second leg then, and a chance to rest important players in preparation for our Ligue 1 opener at Toulouse.

Last edited:
Lille v Grasshoppers (2nd Leg)

View attachment 293136

​After our amazing first leg result there was no pressure on here at all. My first home game in charge though so I wanted a win nonetheless. I made a hatful of changes from the first game, giving a chance for some players to impress me.

View attachment 293572

A wins a win! Another clean sheet too. I'm always very proud to keep a clean sheet, I firmly believe in defending well first cos if you don't concede you can't lose.

We could've got a few more goals but I'm not going to focus on that too much. Very happy for our young winger/striker Abdoulaye Diaby on getting his first goal for the club.

View attachment 293570

We drew FC Porto in the next Qualifying Round.

This is the game to get into the Group Stages. We couldn't have a much tougher draw, drawing a former Champions League winner! My optimism after the last round is short lived but you've got to dream!

Last edited:
Toulouse v Lille

View attachment 293135

Our Ligue 1 opener is an away trip to Toulouse.
Ideally I would've liked to have started the season in front of my own fans but it'd be nice to grab an early away win this season and really set the tone.

View attachment 293565

What an anti climax! All this preparation for the start of the season and it's a bore draw. We really should've won though, created so many chances. We had 22 shots to their 7 and really should've taken the 3 points. After the lack of conviction in front of goal against Grasshoppers in our last game, it is worrying that we failed to score here.

Again, defensively very solid with Sebastien Corchia having a particularly strong game at the back, coming forward to join in attacks at every opportunity. I know what we need to address - our attacking play! Straight to the training ground then...

Last edited:
Lille v Nantes

View attachment 293134

Our first home game of the season is against FC Nantes. I want goals in this game. 1 goal in our past 2 games, considering we've had a total of 45 shots in those game is just not good enough!

View attachment 293562

What a horrible defeat. We were 2-0 up early on and were cruising, how we lost this game is beyond me! Maybe I put too much emphasis on attacking and we just forgot to defend in the second half. Rather than telling the team not to get carried away at half time I told them how well they were playing. I'm new to this management business and I will learn from my mistake. Again, we should've scored more than the two goals we did score and conceding a penalty in the last minute is suicidal. We just couldn't handle Johan Audel but they only had 5 shots, and to concede 3 is not acceptable!

One positive is the attendance, nearly 40,000 optimistic fans came to our first home game. After that performance I'm not too sure we'll be getting as many for our next home game...

Last edited:
Lens v Lille

View attachment 293133

Derby du Nord

It's derby day! We travel to our biggest rivals RC Lens looking to get back on track after a stuttering start to our Ligue 1 campaign. A lot of media build up to this one with a war of words between me and opposition manager Antoine Koumbare. It all started when he called David Rozehnal the weak link in my team. The cheek of him!

Anyway, to the game...

View attachment 293551

This is definitely a point gained!

We conceded after 18 seconds and were 2-0 down before half time. Couldn't have had a worst start to the Derby du Norde. I got stuck into the players at half time and two goals from the clinical Nolan Roux rescued a point for us, with two assists from Florent Balmont. We did have chances to win it but I'm very happy with our second half performance. We are starting to leak too many goals and something needs to be done about that. Another disappointment in our league campaign though, we play FC Porto in midweek.

Last edited:
Looking good!

Can't wait for an update:)

EDIT: A little more text in each post, your thoughts about the games etc would be nice!

Thanks for the feedback! I've put a bit more detail into the competitive games, hope you like!

Lille v FC Porto

View attachment 293132

A massive game now! We're at home first against FC Porto, with the winner of this two-legged tie entering the Champions League group stage. It would be huge financially for the club if we could make it. I've said before what a big test it is for us, but I'm an optimistic guy and I believe in these group of players.

We're going to need to defend better than we have in previous weeks as any away goal for FC Porto would be massive.

View attachment 293537

My finest win yet! This definitely triumphs the 9-0 win! We are underdogs here and we've outplayed FC Porto from start to finish! Nolan Roux with another two goals - his hot streak continues! Marko Basa also scored again for his 3rd of the season already - not bad for a CB! Yacine Brahimi's late goal is a game changer though and make the outlook for the second leg very different. I feel we have to score in Porto if we want to progress. I'm very happy with the attendance, a full house to cheer the boys on - fantastic support!

View attachment 293536

The stand out performer was our captain Rio Mavuba. His European experience showed as he bossed the midfield. He got 2 assists and completed 91% of his tackles, an all round super performance from the big man!

Last edited:
Liking this a lot mate! I would suggest having the pictures bigger of the match report, saves clicking on them and opening another tab, that get's annoying! Up to you though, brilliant story so far :)

Liking this a lot mate! I would suggest having the pictures bigger of the match report, saves clicking on them and opening another tab, that get's annoying! Up to you though, brilliant story so far :)

Thanks for the feedback :) I know but this is my first story, I don't know how to make the pictures bigger! :p

Lille v Bordeaux

View attachment 293131

Next up was a home match against Bordeaux. We have looked brilliant in Europe but we're yet to really get our league campaign up and running.

View attachment 293297

A fantastic win with 2 goals apiece from Origi and Balmont. We again managed to get a lot of shots in and it was a matter of time before we scored 4 goals past someone. This formation and these players are really starting to take shape now and it's so important to get our first league win of the season.

View attachment 293296

In the media Origi was singled out as the star performer on the day, although in my opinion it could easily have gone to Balmont, who at 34 years old, is not showing his age!

View attachment 293295

There was one negative to take from the game though, Idrissa Gueye broke his arm and we will be without him for 5-6 weeks, which is a blow. He hasn't been a regular started so far this season, but this is a squad game and it'll be a big loss nonetheless.

Up next is our big trip to Portugal for the 2nd leg with FC Porto...

Last edited:
FC Porto v Lille

View attachment 293129

After our impressive win at the weekend in Ligue 1 against Bordeaux all of our focus now turned to making it into the Champions League group stage! We have a two goal lead from the first leg, but that late Brahimi goal has given Porto a precious away goal. The first goal in this match could be vital.

View attachment 293294

What a fantastic performance! A clean sheet in Portugal and we are safely through to the group stages of the Champions League! Kjaer and Marion the goalscorers but the real stand out was Marvin Martin who set them both up and generally controlled the tempo of the game.

This will do the clubs finances the world of good and I just hope we get one of the top teams in our group to really test ourselves. We will be 4th seed in the draw so either way it's guna be difficult for us.

View attachment 293293

Last edited: