LOSC Lille Métropole - Nous Sommes Les Dogues

Champions League Draw

View attachment 293128

This is it! We're in the group stage draw and I can't wait to see who we'll be drawn against! We're 4th seeds in the draw so we're almost guaranteed at least one of Europe's heavyweights.

View attachment 293292

Wow, I don't think we could've picked a harder draw if we tried! Bayern and Liverpool are two of the Champions League's most decorated sides and will be the favourites to progress. Shakhtar are no mugs either and coming 3rd will be our first aim in this group.

Last edited:
Bastia v Lille

View attachment 293127

Attention turns back to the league now as we have an away trip to bottom side Bastia. They're currently on 0 points so on paper this should be a routine win. So far though my team seem to get themselves up for the big games and not perform so well against so-called 'lesser' opponents.

View attachment 293290

That's more like it, we're starting to find some form in the league now and that's 9 goals in 2 league games! Divock Origi is undoubtedly the star of the show with his hat-trick. Him and Roux have both been scoring goals this season and considering I only play 1 up front it's hard to choose between them.

View attachment 293289

He was man of the match with his hat-trick alone, but to add 2 assists to that, meaning he had a part in all 5 goals means it really was a stand out performance from the Belgian. He has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps playing like this and it's such a shame he's only on loan. :(

View attachment 293288

A massive blow here as Ibe has started the season in blistering form and it will be a loss to miss him for 6-7 weeks. It does mean however a chance for Ryder Matos, Ryan Mendes de Graca or Marion to step up and stake a claim for a regular starting spot, as so far it's been Ibe plus one of those.

Last edited:
August Overview

View attachment 293126

My first competitive month in charge and overall I think it's been a good one. We're into the Champions League group stages, which already means I've hit one of the targets set by my board. The Ligue 1 campaign started slowly but two wins on the bounce gives us optimism going into September.

View attachment 293286

Of course it's still early days with only 5 games played so I'm not too concerned that we only sit 8th. Marseille have started the season on fire with 5 wins out of 5, including a win against PSG, they already look as if they're the team to beat. Our local rivals Lens are the surprise package so far sitting in 2nd place with their only draw coming against us after being 2-0 up!

View attachment 293285

Origi, Cavani and Gignac all lead the way on goals with 5 in 5 for the trio. Origi also has the best average rating in the league, with team-mate Florent Balmont in 3rd!

View attachment 293284

I'm quite dissapointed not to see Origi or Balmont in the top 3 for the month. I'm also surprised not to see any Lens players in there considering their start to the season! On a side note Nkoulou who came 3rd this month, left to join Juventus on deadline day.

Here's a quick overview of Augusts results (including the Grasshoppers first leg which was in July) and the fixtures ahead for September.

View attachment 293283

View attachment 293282

Last edited:
Quick Round Up

View attachment 293125

There are a few things that happened in between the last game and the next game. First of all, on deadline day we got a bid from Juventus for Simon Kjaer of a meagre £3.3m.

View attachment 293280

This bid was of course rejected, but the fact Juventus offered meant his agent felt Simon was owed a better deal. I have into the demands and gave Kjaer a new 4-year contract, which will fend off any future bids in January or the Summer.

View attachment 293279

We also picked up another injury in Ryder Matos. He'll be out between 7 weeks and 2 months and is another winger injured after Ibe's injury. We're down to just 2 in the squad now so will have to use Marcos Lopes or Divock Origi on the wing.

View attachment 293278

We also added a new coach in Ronald De Boer. He was a fantastic player and has plenty of top European experience to share with the group. He will be a fantastic addition to our back room staff.

View attachment 293276

Last edited:
Lille v St Etienne

View attachment 293124

We kick off September with a home game against one of our rivals for the Champions League spots in Ligue 1 - St Etienne. We come into this game on the back of 2 straight league wins so confidence is high in the camp.

View attachment 293272

A very good and well deserved win! Nolan Roux with the winner in the last 15 minutes but it's nice to see both Roux and Origi scoring again! It seems to be that no matter who plays, they score.

View attachment 293270

Franck Beria was the stand out performer today with 100% tackle completion!

Up next is our first Champions League group stage game, a tough trip to Ukraine to face Shakhtar...

Last edited:
Shakhtar v Lille

View attachment 293123

We made it, the first game of our Champions League group stage campaign. Now, I don't want to call Shakhtar weak, because they clearly aren't, but if we are going to get anything out of this group we do need to pick up results against them.

View attachment 293267

A perfect away performance and another 3 goals for my goal-hungry attack! Divock Origi again stands out with 2 goals and I'm happy to see Marion score on the big stage too. This is a big step in continuing our European campaign into the new year, as it gives us a big advantage over Shakhtar in the race for 3rd place in this group. Who knows, this win could be a platform to sending us through this group!

View attachment 293266

This is becoming predictable now, Origi again getting all the plaudits from the media. He's a really special kid and I'm glad we've got him for this season.

Last edited:
Reims v Lille

View attachment 293122

Back to Ligue 1 action now as we have a trip to Reims. The long trip back from Ukraine has taken it out of the players and I've had to make a lot of changes due to tiredness.

View attachment 293257

Not too much to say about this one, a really hard fought, ground out victory. We scored early on through Nolan Roux, but tiredness clearly showed as we laboured throughout the match. Either way a wins a win so I'm happy to get the 3 points. The red card to Oniangue was too late to have any real effect on the match.

Last edited:
Lille v Rennes

View attachment 293121

Next up is a home game against struggling Rennes. It's nice to be back playing at home after a succession of away games. Can we keep our good run of form going?

View attachment 293252

Yes is the answer. 3-0 and it was as comfortable as the score line suggests. Nolan Roux bagging the hat-trick on this occasion, we're so blessed to have two goalscorers in Roux and Origi. We continue our winning streak and continue moving up the table.

View attachment 293251

A fantastic performance from Nolan Roux who finished everything that came his way. He now overtakes Origi as the clubs top scorer this season as he's already moved into double figures!

Last edited:
Guingamp v Lille

View attachment 293120

Back on the road again as we face French cup holders Guingamp. We seem to be playing twice a week, every week at the moment so we're rotating the squad on a regular basis. It's so impressive to have this winning streak with all things considered.

View attachment 293250

A really hard fought victory as we leave it very late to find the winner. Marion came up with the goal but we should've scored a couple more today. Unusually we missed a lot of chances today. Origi went off late on, which sent me in a bit of a panic but it was on precautionary and he is fit for the next match.

View attachment 293248

It's nice for Enyeama to get some credit as we keep a lot of clean sheets, and he's a big part of that. Guingamp didn't have many chances today but when they did they found the Nigerian on top of his game.

Last edited:
Lille v Bayern

View attachment 293145

Now this is what it's all about, Bayern Munich, European giants travelling to the Stade Pierre Mauroy for a massive Champions League night! We're on great form so we do have confidence but Bayern will provide us with our stiffest test we're likely to face all season. They beat Liverpool in their first game so whoever wins this has a great chance of progression from the group.

View attachment 293244

Un-be-lievable!! We beat Bayern Munich, and convincingly so! Marion was absolutely outstanding, proving why we bought him in the summer. He scored 2 and ran the Bayern defence ragged. This result is beyond my wildest dreams but it just proves we have the team playing at the top of their game. Now we move onto 6 points in the group and favourites for qualification! This is a blistering run of form and long may it continue.

View attachment 293243

Last edited:
Monthly Overview - September

View attachment 293144

What a month September was for the club! A 100% record including wins against Bayern and Shakhtar. We are in control of our Champions League group and are steadily climbing the Ligue 1.

Marion deserves a special mention this month. He really stood up and was counted in the big games, proving he is more than capable for this level.

View attachment 293235

We have moved up to 3rd, still 5 points behind Marseille though who still look the team to beat. What is pleasing is that we are the joint top scorers in the league and it's only early days but we're ahead of rivals such as PSG, Lyon and Monaco.

View attachment 293234

​Last month it was Origi, but this month it's Roux who is the league's top scorer. Origi isn't far behind though but it's been a very impressive month for Nolan Roux. We have the 3 top average ratings in the league which is very pleasing to see.

View attachment 293233

I'm not quite sure what Boudebouz did but it must've been amazing to stop Nolan Roux winning this award. It's nice to see one of our players get recognition.

And here's a recap of our results this month;

View attachment 293232

And here's a look of our Champions League group as it stands. I'm ecstatic that we're top after 2 games!

View attachment 292962

Our October fixtures bring up some very important fixtures. We face our 2 biggest rivals in Ligue 1 in a row with Liverpool in the Champions League as well. This could be a make or break month in our season.

View attachment 292959

Last edited:
Lille v PSG

View attachment 292958

We kick off October with a match against reigning Ligue 1 champions PSG. We are on fantastic form and I just hope we can continue it. It's games like this that will define our season and it's a real test to see if we're genuine title contenders.

View attachment 292957

Nolan Roux is the hero again! You literally can't stop this man scoring at the moment. Another goal, another match winner - surely he'll be in the France reckoning before too long? Maxwell's red card at the end made the last 20 minutes a little easier, it's a massive win for the lads though and we're now breathing down Marseille's neck. I also have to give a mention to Youssouf Kone, our young left back who was fantastic on only his 2nd start of the season. He gave away a penalty in the last minute v Nantes on his previous start so he responded in brilliant fashion and fully deserved his man of the match award.

View attachment 292956

There was one negative though, and that was an injury to our star winger Marion. He's been in fantastic form the past month and it's a shame to lose him. We're running very low on wingers but Ibe is nearing full fitness so he may be rushed back sooner rather than later with some big games coming up.

Last edited:
Marseille v Lille

View attachment 292955

Just days before our top of the table clash with leaders Marseille we were dealt with some more injury news...

View attachment 292954

This injury meant a chance for young Adama Soumaoro to step into the defence. He's been a bit part player so far this season so this will be a big test for him against the leaders.

View attachment 292948

It's a test that he, and my team, passed with flying colours. Our finest away day of the season. The way we dismantled the previously unbeaten league leaders was very impressive. We are now the team to beat in Ligue 1 this season and are making headlines across Europe with our style of play. Now teams may come after us but it's a challenge I relish. Roux is one of the hottest strikers in Europe at the moment as he got another 2 goals to his name. Jordon Ibe scored off the bench on his return from injury which is very good for him.

View attachment 292946

Roux is on the goalscoring form of his life and he's already very close to this being his best scoring season ever and we're only in October!

View attachment 292945

The run goes on and on, but how long can it go on for?

Lille v Liverpool

View attachment 292938

Next up is our home game against Liverpool in the Champions League. After our impressive victory over Bayern in the last Champions League game we are full of confidence. If we can win here we go onto 9 points and virtually seal our place in the knock-out rounds.

Interestingly Jordon Ibe and Divock Origi are both allowed to play against their parent club as there is no agreement otherwise. Is this something that will come back to bite Brendan Rogers in the ***?

View attachment 292937

Another win the Champions League and we are making easy work of this incredibly hard group. Les Dogues go marching on in Europe and you just know that Divock Origi scored the winner, and you won't need many guesses to know who it was set up by - that's right Jordon Ibe laid it on a plate for Origi as they haunt their parent club.

View attachment 292936

We seem to be accumulating a lot of injuries at the moment but our squad is coping well with them. Influential midfielder Florent Balmont is the latest player to spend some time in the treatment room. Idrissa Gueye hasn't long returned from injury and will most likely take his place in the team.

Is there anything else people want to see that I'm not including? I should be updating this weekend, I'm posting as I'm playing so I've got nothing to post until I next play

Fantastic story, don't think there is lack of sth. Keep it up!

This is a wonderful story. Helped me burn some time at work. Keep it up.