Luarez

Reaction score
The Pentagon Challenge

View attachment 256483

The Pentagon Challenge may just be the ultimate challenge for a Manager, this monumental task see's the challenger aspiring to win the Champions League in each continent.
I will start this challenge unemployed and relatively unknown to the Footballing World, My route is planned It will see me travel to Africa, Asia , North and South America and last but not least Europe.
So here we go...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Start Of An Epic Journey

View attachment 256492

FC AK are a relatively unknown club based in Johannesburg,South Africa, that plays in the National First Division.
The Club nicknamed "Bahumi" are yet to win a trophy and are named after Azziz Kara, a sports administrator and former owner of the club, who was banned from South African football for life following allegations of corruption.
This Club have little to shout about but I intend to change their fortunes...

Pre-Season

View attachment 256496

So as you can see I have found my first club in South Africa, the club is playing in the second tier.
Our first task was assessing the squad and upon doing this I realized how hard this task was going to be.
The squad is just so poor and so are the facilities as you can see from the picture above.

View attachment 256497

I immediately realized we were going to have to work hard in the Transfer market to get this squad up to scratch and atleast be able to compete in this division.
We had a little bit of money to go and spend so this is how we got on...

View attachment 256498

We were really busy, the squad was in dire need of quite a few decent players and that's what I hope to have brought in , we also let go of a few players who I felt would not feature In our plans for the upcoming season.The Key Player we brought in was Asive Langwe on loan who is by far the best player in the squad and possibly the whole division.

I then decided to arrange friendlies against some teams in the division above to see how the squad I've put together will fare against the best, we also played some other random friendlies which my assistant arranged the idiot
:p

View attachment 256499

Great results, unbeaten up against some top teams in South Africa.
The season ahead looks very promising indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)
As always feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
Gutted about the last story :(, it's good you have started again and it should be one **** of a challenge.

Glad you started up a story again! , should be good seeing if you can do it and become a FM God XD

I'm thinking about doing half-season reports because of the amount of time this challenge is going to take , or would you rather me do the usual monthly updates?

I suggest yearly updates for now. You can stop and give in-depth reports about the odd big match. But half-year is the minimum, as monthly updates I think will take too much time. When you go to Europe etc hopefully, you can shift to more depth updates. Just telling what I would have done if I was attempting this :)

Oh yes, When the Facebook Page "Putting your Football Manager achievements on your CV" posted about this challenge, the first comment was this :

"If you do this, it's gotta be the first thing in your CV, even before your name

So good luck with the challenge, and remember "It's gotta be the first thing in your CV" :D

I'm thinking about doing half-season reports because of the amount of time this challenge is going to take , or would you rather me do the usual monthly updates?

Minimum half-season. And maybe only do that if there are major updates to your team or winning any trophies halfway through the season?

Good luck!

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for half-season updates :)

It would take ages if you did monthly updates, I would go with season reports but it's up to you :)

It would take ages if you did monthly updates, I would go with season reports but it's up to you :)
I'm going to do half-season updates, I feel it would be better for me to write in this way.

Last edited:
Shame bout the last story but this could be really interesting. Don't think I've seen anyone ever play one of these epic challages through to conclusion, certainly not on here. If you do it you could be a hero!

Shame bout the last story but this could be really interesting. Don't think I've seen anyone ever play one of these epic challages through to conclusion, certainly not on here. If you do it you could be a hero!
Haaa someone probably has but it would be cool if I could do it :)

Good luck with this mate :) It's an epic challenge that's for sure :p I'm thinking about trying it when FM13 comes out so it will be interesting to follow someone from the start and see how they get on :)

Good luck with this mate :) It's an epic challenge that's for sure :p I'm thinking about trying it when FM13 comes out so it will be interesting to follow someone from the start and see how they get on :)
Thanks :) , it would be pretty cool if I could do it before FM13 comes out!

Playing Above Expectations...

View attachment 256978

So I've reached the halfway point in my first season of The Pentagon Challenge , I'm expecting this challenge to be a time consuming and tough one but hopefully we can do it.
As you already know my first club I have took over is FCAK in South Africa , the club is not in a great state and the media have predicted us to finish 11th.
However I wanted to push for promotion by getting 4th or above which was obviously going to be tough
Let's see how we got on...

First we'll start with the club's finances which are not in the best state, not much can be done about it as we have a huge squad but we struggle to sell any of the players on and we cannot afford the release fee.

View attachment 256980

As you can see we are losing money every month, not much I can do and I'm not going to worry about it.

When I inherited the squad it was well far off from challenging for promotion but I've brought in a lot of players and completely rebuilt the squad.
Here's our starting Eleven and the tactic we use...

View attachment 256981

It's not the strongest side we could have put out as we have a few injury problems.

Let's how we got on with our fixtures...

View attachment 256983
View attachment 256984

On the whole the results are really good, they're a lot better than I expected.
For a team that was predicted to finish 11th these results are amazing.

This is where those results leave us lying in the table

View attachment 256985

We're doing well and we are in the top four which is where we we need to be for a chance of promotion but really I think we can push for 1st and it would look really good on the CV to go up as Champions!

We wouldn't have had this great start without quite a lot of quality performances from the players, the signings have blended in wonderfully and it's clear to see...

View attachment 256986

Overall then this has been a very promising start to our Pentagon Challenge, we still have a long way to go but this a great start!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)
As always feedback is appreciated, if you think of any ways I could improve plea
se leave a comment!​

Great start pal!! Looking forward to more :)