Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

View attachment 259201

A poor five minutes cost us 3 points. I'm disappointed, but it is early enough in the season that I can resolve the issue. I'm still looking at a couple of targets in that area which may help.

View attachment 259195

What. A. Game.

That match was easily the highlight of my short managerial career so far. It was an end to end match, with good chances at either end. At 3-1 down, and Andre off injured, we looked doomed, especially with no subs left. I shifted Faizulin wide, and waited. Ntep powered home before super sub Sane finished with aplomb to level. A draw was fair over the course of the match, and it continues to give us hope for the upcoming season.

View attachment 258955

A change of formation did the trick. Even then, we were indebted to a stunning display of goalscoring from Wilson to win us the game. We travel to Sochaux mid-week in a slightly better frame of mind, as we search for more points.

View attachment 258800

Another solid win, as we continue a steady start to the season. Disappointed to concede late on, but 3 points are in the bad, so it isn't a major problem.

View attachment 258799

Mid table at the end of September is pretty reasonable. We need to start turning more of our draws into wins though, so we can get the top half of the table that we want.

View attachment 258775

Seriously?! This is because one player got upset that I sold Toivonen. I'm less than impressed, but I tell the board I'll stick at it. For now.

You are not having a great time of it. Maybe Luis Garcia isn't cut out to be a manager. maybe you should become a pundit.

You are not having a great time of it. Maybe Luis Garcia isn't cut out to be a manager. maybe you should become a pundit.

The player that was upset is now fine, so provisionally crisis averted. Results are picking up as well, so I wouldn't say morale is costing the team either. Besides, it took Carragher 3 clubs to work, Manuel Pablo's greatest exploits are at club 3, so success isn't instant.