Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

he was my favorite player when he was at Liverpool never wanted him to leave glad to see some one mate a story with him :) i would never forget his goal against juve

he was my favorite player when he was at Liverpool never wanted him to leave glad to see some one mate a story with him :) i would never forget his goal against juve

Was a joy to watch him play sometimes, a class act

View attachment 258167

Meet Franco Herrera, my newest recruit. Available on a free, the lad impressed in his week long trial, and we take a punt on him. Hopefully he is one for the future.

View attachment 258164

A fairly dour match sees us progress through to the next round. Super sub Sane struck again with the only reasonable chance of the game. However, our progress comes at a cost...

View attachment 258163

Omeruo had been a big part of the team since joining, and we will miss him dearly at the back over the next month.

View attachment 258162

Pathetic.

On a side note, Diagne is out for 2-3 weeks, and Armand is suspended, leaving me with one available centre back for the forseeable future. God dammit.

^Turns out M'Bengue is suspended as well. 4 CB's out, I'm not amused.

View attachment 257958

Unsurprisingly, our makeshift defence just couldn't cope. We are sliding down the table, and it's really not looking as good as it was earlier this season.

View attachment 257955

The perfect response to our critic. Montpellier were 4th before today, so I'm delighted that we stayed firm and won the match. Ntep has been one of our best players this season, and he continued to perform again today. Hopefully when we get back after the international break, we can make good on this win.

View attachment 257749

Carry on like this, and my days are very much numbered I suspect. Yet again, we created the better chances, and yet again, pathetic defending cost us.

View attachment 257731

Much better, although it was against bottom of the table. Unfortunately, we won't get to enjoy the win, as we now travel to Marseille, where I would be surprised if we come away with anything. I can dream though.

View attachment 257714

It amazes me that these players call themselves professionals. A dour performance, and we deserved to be thrashed. With Lyon as our next game, I'm expecting another thumping at the very minimum.

It's worth pointing out that despite the clubs incredibly inconsistent form, the board are prepared to stick by me for the time being. For the first time in my managerial career, I actually feel wanted by a club. Hopefully I can turn it around so that by January, we are in a position to reinforce and try to push up the league. I see no reason why this club can't become great again, and I certainly plan to be here for the time being to help make that happen.

View attachment 257709

Some days, you just get lucky. Today was absolutely one of those days. A vital three points in the scheme of things, and we move back closer to the middle of the table.

Massive result there against Lyon!! Way to pay the Board back for their faith!

Massive result there against Lyon!! Way to pay the Board back for their faith!

Such an important result! We were clinging on at the end, and Jese had a disallowed goal in the 81st min. By the end, I think all my players were in defensive positions trying to survive the onslaught.