Macclesfield midfielder passes away

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10393~2263132,00.html

Richard Butcher 1981 - 2011

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the untimely death earlier today of Richard Butcher.

Richard passed away at his home in Manchester overnight.

He was an exemplary professional and a thoroughly likeable young man. Our thoughts are with his wife and family at this very difficult time.

R.I.P :(

R.I.P Richard Butcher

More and more athletes dieing younger now :'(
RIP pal :wub:
Is it known how he died?

Last edited:
More and more athletes dieing younger now :'(
RIP pal :wub:
Is it known how we died?

I don't know, might be on a few other site's but I've not seen any.

Good player aswell, R.I.P Richard!

What a shame, only 29 as well.
RIP Richard Butcher.

What people do not understand is the majority of the time players like this are often not thought as true professionals of football but in my mind they are the proper professionals and are the players with a true passion and loyalty to football, not for the money. These kind of people are the kind who make football the best sport.

R.I.P Richard, my thoughts are with you.

Also, it's a disgrace how you get for example "Paul Jewell named Ipswich manager" as the top headline, rather than a death of a respected football player, whether he's in the lower league's or not makes not one iota of difference.

RIP, there seems to be a lot of it at the moment.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Also, it's a disgrace how you get for example "Paul Jewell named Ipswich manager" as the top headline, rather than a death of a respected football player, whether he's in the lower league's or not makes not one iota of difference.

I'm not sure BBC have reported it yet. ;(

EDIT: Oh they have now.